Zicarelli trash talks the Cats

That is how a professional responds to a troll. :wink:

Email I sent to Zicarrelli after the LDC. Did he have the stones to reply you ask? Nay says I.

"Re: Care to admit you were wrong?

[tr][td][tr][td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]
[td]Mon, 2 Sep, 18:04 (2 days ago)[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td][tr][td]to fzicarelli

[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]
[/tr]

Without quarterback Jeremiah Masoli, who has been lost for the season with a knee injury, the Ticats cannot be considered serious Grey Cup contenders.
Everything changed when Masoli was hurt. His replacement, Dane Evans, has not been the answer and he’ll enter Monday’s din as the second-best quarterback in the game, behind Toronto starter McLeod Bethel-Thompson.
Hamilton’s offence is not the same without Masoli, no matter what people in the Hammer are saying.
The Ticats can be best described as a front-running team that lacks discipline. It’s a team with more than a few selfish players who are prone to imploding when things don’t go their way."

BTW, look at the last sentence in his story. Kind of sounds like wishful thinking on his part that went awry.

I wonder what Zicarelli and the Toronto Sun are saying now that Evans and the Cats are 16 - 3 and in the Grey Cup >:(

Typical Toronto b.s . How’s that Stanley Cup parade route coming ?

Pat Lynch ( the Hamilton fan )

Two very complimentary pieces on the city and Banks in today’s Sun

The parade route was set some 52 years ago…but, but that damn Gretzky in '93…tick, tick, tick…

The parade route has gone through other cities for THE LAST 62 YEARS! ?

Not enough for me it seems. I honestly have no idea what you mean. ?

Huh? Which is the city that has been missed for 62 years? Ottawa?

???

Huh?! What are you taking about? Doesn’t the Sun have better CFL coverage than most other newspapers - including the Hamilton Spectator?

???

My hero. :slight_smile:

Almost 3 months later the Zicarelli article looks even more stupid than it originally did. ;D

I’m going to look into putting a little egg on Zica’s face!?

Seriously …Who is Zicarelli??

Ah, yes! “Frankie the Zico”. He’s a useless sports reporter from the Toronto Moon (sorry, Sun) who has a hate on for our team.

No response from Frankie yet!

So a sports prognosticator/reporter called it wrong. What else is new? That’s the nature of the game. One winner, one loser, fans/observers are going to call it wrong half the time.

In other words you fellows are making a mountain out of a molehill. IfFrank Zicarelliwas afraid of calling it wrong, he’d quickly be out of a job because he’s paid to produce copy. And incidentally, because you fellows are taking delight here months later in him having called things wrong, he did it right because he pecked out an article everybody still remembers! In his business, being forgotten and thus ignored is the worst sin.

:wink:

There is a lot more going on there than just a sports prognosticator calling it wrong. That article was past the midway point of the season. By then there was enough of a trend and data there for him to guage a much more accurate assessment. Instead he chose to write an article that was full of vitriol and bitterness.

In an interview today from Calgary, Evans said it was a “running joke” among the team how they were short-changed throughout the season on things like power rankings. Clearly it bothered the fans more than the players.

Not sure if I’m missing your sarcasm here but I would say the fact that he admitted it meant that they actually did use it as a chip vs blocking out the noise.

No sarcasm. Used it, laughed at it … doesn’t really matter. Probably both.