Zero excitement in the city?

They split the season series with Edmonton, and their win against Edmonton was the only time they beat a team that finished over .500. Not exactly inspiring. They really didn’t win any games that they needed to advance. They backed into a playoff spot when everyone else kept losing.

Our old friend "Chris" on the TSN Panel...nailed it.
On how our Cats can beat Edmonton in the Semi-Final.
"Pressure...Pressure...Pressure"
And he is exactly right.
Never mind Bowman or Walker...
The key is to put Mike on his back, or hurried, over and over again.
Mike needs to be put off his game with pressure from our Defence.
And this my friends...can be done.
Yes we have enough guys on the injured list to field a Champion Ship Team.
But our Defence is still in pretty good shape up front...
And we can do this. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Be negative if you want, We can look at what happened in the regular season any way we want.
It is playoffs now, I admit, What happened before then really means nothing.
Our 50 sacks this year compared to their 25 means nothing, but when our “D” puts Reilly on his can a bunch of times on Sunday and Zach and Gable have a great game, we will be playing again with Tasker back in the lineup next week.

Chick, Tracy, Nevis, Laurent, Simoni, Stephens and Dean will be going after Reilly,
Reilly may be tough as nails, but he does not like getting sacked!

Last time I looked, the Tiger-Cats were listed for the ESF, and are hosting it. Don't see no Alouettes or Argonauts listed, don't need to travel to Montreal or Toronto to see the game. Doesn't matter to me how they got there, the important thing is they are.

Shoulda, couldas don't count. I'm polishing the cow-bell and digging out the Ti-Cat toque. Going to be a great November day, ideal for football. Might even buy an over-priced, lukewarm hotdog to go with my over-priced, lukewarm draft beer! Oskee-wee-wee!

Thought I would take a look at the Eskies forum to gauge their fan’s ‘excitement’ about the game. The latest post was October 31 and they were talking about a coaching change.

So, I guess by that standard, we’re hyped if not pretty well manic here in the Hammer? :smiley:

Umm… Palmer,

Like a lot of the other teams, the main fan forum of the Esks is NOT hosted here. Go to http://www.esksfans.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?12-Edmonton-Eskimos and you’ll see lost of discussion.

The reason it’s like this is that the Cats were actually one of the LAST teams to have a forum and this CFL forum got started when Bob got involved.

Thanks Mark :oops:

Regardless.. a forum is not an accurate representation of a fanbase at all.

Still, I think that the only forum anywhere near as busy as our is on a regular basis is Riderfans.

I only have one sick day that I can still use at work.
I will be using it to watch the Grey Cup parade in Hamilton this year.

Sure hope for a win...I've got a ticket for the final in Ottawa & would love to see the "Cats" beat up on Ottawa & maybe a little on Mr. Burris while they are at it...Cheers!!

Buzz what Buzz all in all THF has yet to impress me with the same wild vibe as IWS , have you seen a wave take place looping around the stadium , hands up around the donut Box ?! Not a one I have been to every game are waves old school out of style ?! There is something missing at times in our new digs ! The players come out lame all the time ! At IWS they would run out with AC DC cranked all the way to the end zone and take a knee and do a little individual prayer for a good game ! Let's try hard Sunday and get the 13th man involved helping our team to a BIG W . LOUD AND PROUD lets do a WAVE ! And pump up THF to a new level just like good old IWS, Injures what injuries "Next man Up!"

Yeah, but I hate the wave. Me, I go to a football game to watch a football game. However, if that is what it takes, then by all means, do the wave. Watch for the guys over in Section 111, the northeast corner. They must have tried about a dozen times last Saturday, and it would peter out by mid-field.

I am on board on your choice of music. Let's crank the place with some real rock and roll and let the screechy sing-a-long drabble go. The Ti-Cat cheerleaders, despite their enthusiasm and athleticism don't pump the crowd much with their selections either. But I digress. :slight_smile:

:cowboy: Yes ,We enjoy the Wave as well once a game. :thup: W e had it going last year I believe ,since I no longer have memory I have to just believe...

Also would like better /LOUDER music hitting the East stands ,I’ve visited the West side pre game and it’s almost too loud and too RAP!! Yuck!!! How bout some 70’s rock ???or anything but rap crap.

come spend some time on the west side concourse, especially the north end of the west concourse.

... don't tell me this town ain't got no heart, you just got to poke around ...

It has been a zero excitement year.

I blame the schedule

I think two home losses (one of which was an absolute stinker of a game), followed by six weeks with no football caused many fans to simply lose interest this year.

Then there were too many Friday night games, which some people find it difficult to get to after work

All told, it has been a very frustrating year, but I still think we can get to the Grey Cup, and I am sure that's what the CFL would want because it is the only way that they can sell out the game in Toronto. Let's get out there on Sunday and MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!

I swear I wonder if you guys watch football in a different stadium.

Having been to games this year in Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa, there is nothing wrong with the energy at THF.

Oh well, can't wait for tomorrow. :rockin:

Not zero excitement ,I agree with most of The Breeze…
One game was a sleeper , the long break was bad and too many Fridays,oh well ,alls well that ends well!

Next Man Up ! Let's go Lads ! It's feeding Time we got your backs 13th Man At THF