Zero excitement in the city?

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is assuming the Cats will lose on Sunday?

Edit: To be clear: Not my assumption, but what I'm perceiving from others.

Certainly the feeling I had listening to TSN reaction after Saturday. I'm still hopeful, but have to admit that we are definitely the underdog. Would not bet the rent money by any means. :slight_smile:

I'd love to see them win, and I really do think they have a chance. But, it's hard to get fired up for a team that's won 2 games since Labour Day :frowning:

Of course the 'Cats will win big, and then the eye rolling cliche "...only in the CFL" will be trupeted. :thup:

We will win!
Austin will out coach Dumbo
Steinhauer will out coach Benevides(this is not a Jones defence anymore)
Reinebold will out coach ??

Everyone thinks the ESK's are a sure thing!

In the words of Scotty Bowman
"There is nothing so uncertain as a sure thing."

Just ask Trump!

I remember feeling that we didn't have much of a chance prior to the 1986 Grey Cup game and we all know what happened on that day. That is why they play the games because you never know what is going to happen. I think all of the pressure is on Edmonton.....defending Grey Cup champs and all....getting the easy so called "waltz" through the Eastern division with a berth in the Grey Cup. I guess we'll see what happens starting on Sunday afternoon.

The wind will be blowing like it is to-day , we will win the toss and Austin will defer and take the wind in the 3rd ! :roll: Oh yeah , then we will lose the game by 3 points on a walk off 60 yd Edm. field goal .

Must be just you because all I have heard is the Ticats will win this one. We will get "good Zach" this week not "bad Zach"

Where did you hear this slim ? :?

That was definitely the case in '86. Nobody thought we had a chance. Mind you, we had nowhere near the number of starters injured then...but we also lost a squeaker to this same team a couple of weeks ago with the same injury situation. You never know what can happen.

As the week-end approaches, I'm starting to feel the game day buzz, maybe others are the same?

Also, once play-offs approach, I get that "end of season" downer. I'm not an NFL fan, no longer have a favourite team there, so for me, football effectively ends with the Grey Cup, and as a Ti-Cat season ticket holder, our games end on Sunday, whether they win, or lose. So while I am excited about the game, I'm also getting that sense of soon to be no more fun football.

I'm starting to feel better about our chances, but still think we have a hill to climb!

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I got an email from Zach telling me he and the team were ready for Sunday !!!

That's enough for me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Love my Ticats but they've lost 5 of 6 and 9 of the last 13 that's probably the reason for the lack of excitement.

I really hope for a win but I'm not very optimistic.

Want I'm worried about is that we will get a good lead in the first half like 19 to zip, and relax , and the Eskies then put
it to us and say get up 28 to 19 and we try to recover, but can't.
We have to play 60 mins or we will definitely lose!

I agree, word for word, habcat and throw in that, while the Cats lost 5 of their last 6, EDM was the exact opposite -- winning 5 of their last 6.

I am more worried we will be down by 19 at the half , as far as excitement goes, all one has to do is look at this site , hardly anybody posting and the ones that are , are the same few that always do .

Still tickets available for the game , hope they get all get sold .

I've been a lifelong Tiger-Cat, since the mid-Fifties. In situations like this, my Dad would always say, "We've got 'em just where we want 'em." Bring it on! Look out, Edmonton! Oski Wee Wee!

I also worry about the Cats falling behind early, and the stadium getting really quiet. Hopefully fans are ready to get loud for a playoff game.

The good news is very few tickets remain. The ones that are mostly the absolutely insanely priced $95, last row on the east side tickets. No surprise that those are a tough sell.

Already have the beer on ice...and the pizza will be ordered.
I am glad we are the underdogs....
As when we kick Edmonton's @ss on Sunday,
the victory will be that much sweeter.
Go Cats Go :thup: :thup: :thup:

This year the Cats won the games they needed to
The season series against the Arblows
The season series against the Als
The season series against the RB's
and
The season series against the Esks
Regular season is over, We earned our way to this game.
This team has shown it can win the games it needs to advance, I have a good feeling about this one!