Zach Collaros to Winnipeg?

Yup, While Walters hasn’t ruled out anything, except for trading for FA Qb’s, why trade when you can get one of Burris, Willy, Collaros, or Neiswander without losing an asset.

Thanks bomber empire, for your well-reasoned explanation as to why you prefer Marsh. Sure is food for thought. . .

Now that the Bombers have named there OC in Marcel B the search will narrow.
Marcel got the job with an impressive plan to overhaul the offense something he could not do mid stream last season.
Everyone has their fav FA QB out there but which one will fit the Bombers O plans the best.
I cant see Goltz or Boltus staying. Boltus came along being the only QB willing to come for that salary to the bombers that was familar with the new OC style

O’Shea definitely was up close to the Calloros situation in Toronto but what does he think of Callaros? is that the guy he wants to go into next season as their starting QB.
Plus Marcel B is the OC and already has presented his overhaul plan, so does Collaros fit this?

I definitely believe Collaros will be wearing Bomber Blue next season.

JMO
I could be wrong of course, but I am not sold on Callaros, at least not yet. He seems to be being forced into being the next Mike Reilly. There is a big difference before Reilly was ready and Callaros.

first Reilly did get to NFL camps and Practice rosters and a game roster in his rookie season 2009 and then to a futurers contract before being released May of 2010. The came to the CFL in 2010 and worked his way to NUMBER 3 to number 2 and played well in 2012.

Callaros rookie year went undrafted like Reilly went through the rookie NFL mini camp circuit and waited until June 1st 2012 when he did not get a camp invite to the NFL and thrown into action in his second year. I thought he played to inconsistant and even very bad at times rising a winning streak in which all were 3 qtrs of bad play then magical finishes until he finally lost one and then Ray was back the next week.

For me I think Willy is much more mature and much more ready. the little starts and time he did get i cant remeber him playing bad.
Also undrafted made it to final NFL cuts his rookie year in the NFL in 2009, moved to the UFL when it was filled with very good players and coaches in 2010. Played that to the number 3 job with the Chargers in 2011 and then decided to sign with the Riders with NFL possibilities not exhuasted and beat out sefveral QBs and jumped right to the back up role for two seasons.
Willy's trouble with short yardage seems to be something that has blemished him. That really has nothing to do with being a starting QB.

Although he is not availble he could be the starter in Calagry this season. Bol Levi Mithcell could be prepared with the same amount of time in pro football and in the CFL. Difference is Bo Levi made a thought out choice to sign with the Stamps way back in february in 2012 and did not wait and go through NFL mini camps to try to catch on. Somehting that used to be done more by NCAA rookies but is unique to these times.
He knew he did not want to go through the waiting game and NFL gamble and singed with the team that offered him a contract, which happened to be Calgary and the CFL. by signing early was able to work out early for the CFL season and Huf was able to place hime in a position to battle the incumbant number 3 Sinnopoli on the depth chart.

At this point, if I'm Winnipeg, I'm going full tilt to get Collaros, Willy or one of Calgary's QB, as well as upgrading my offensive line. With Andrian MacPherson off the market, Burris likely to return to Hamilton, Troy Smith locked up and no one else really on the market, they need to make a move soon.

I don't think that Winnipeg's management will though, I think they honestly think that Max Hall is their guy. Honestly, I'd pick Willy over Collaros because he has more experience, has had more time to mature under Durant and Collaros might have shown glimpses of greatness, he was still a second half QB. Every game I've seen Willy in, he's been consistent.

Could be that the Bombers are going to go after everyone fav Collaros or who some including me that thik is the next Mike Reill.y type is Drew Willy. I would bet that the Bombers had MCPherson on the back of their mind but did not think anyone would sign him until the current crop of FA QBs began to tilt the first domino but Calgary just got a bonus chip in the game.
They have spcaeunder the cap to probably sign A Mac to a decent salary the one that opened up when glenn went but When BLM becomes an FA someone will have to go as I am sure that Tae is making a decent sum himself.

With Barker releasing Collaros now I would say a NFL offer is on the table. Can't see them releasing Collaros early just for other CFL teams to start their bidding before Feb. 15, unless it is a favour to Mike O'Shea. :wink:

This. Exactly this.

I guess the Argos figured they are not going to sign him anyway so why wait. NFL interest is possible. He would be very useful to a team as a read option scout player team and see if he can work his way up. But there was not as much read option in the NFL as many thought there would be.
For the CFL it will speed up what is on O'Shea and Austin's agenda.

I would expect some breaking news very shortly.

It was shorter than we thought. Just hope Winnipeg can sign Henry. Looks like they could be a fit. For some reason Austin and Burris just didn’t seem to hit it off. They talked a good game but the body language showed different. I think Mike O’Shea and Marcel B. will get the best out of Henry.

I agree withBurris and Austin and Austin I don;t think they could have gotten any better with Burris as their starter. It does not mean they can’t get worse with Calloros starting either. One thing is that Collaros probbly signed a similar contract he would of in Winnipeg at the low ball end of a starter.
I am not so sure Austin is a Lefevour fan either.
Austin however does have his selected back ups on the roster right now Masoli and Brohom. Masoli has a little more pro expereince than Collaros but Brohom has a lot more and will be entering his second CFL season coming off a season where he was the 4th QB similar to Collaros last year but with a wealth of other pro experience.
Mcgee as well was added after final NFL cuts and was signed to a contract I beleive and not to the practice roster. Although he spent his time on the one game IR Still shows a little more confidence in Mcgee.

I guess what I am saying that in Hamilton Austin is not betting the farm on Collaros and has plenty of QBs of his liking already on the roster.

For Collaros he will not be part of a rebuilding process with Hamilton getting the core of their ducks in a row by the end of last season

Anyway the first domino has fallen so things should start moving once Free Agency starts.