Zach Collaros extended through 2018 season

The number 1 QB in the CFL signed for an additional season = Great to be a Cats fan!!!

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 6m6 minutes ago
#Ticats @ZCollaros7 was entering his option year and would have been a free agent after this season. #CFL

Great news!!!! :thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

[url]http://ticats.ca/collaros-signs-contract-extension-with-tiger-cats-through-2018/[/url]

WOO HOO!!!! - This is great news - not that there was every any doubt in my mind that there wouldn't be a deal in place by, at the very latest, the first month of the season. There's NO WAY that Austin was going to let his star pivot go anywhere and sport any other colours besides black and gold! Of course Zach LOVES Hamilton and vice versa so it's a perfect match. :smiley: :smiley:

Yes a match made in heaven definitely. I am very excited that we will be competing with one of, if not the, best QB’s in the league.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: etc. (many times).

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 42m42 minutes ago
#Ticats @ZCollaros7 "We've been negotiating for months – it was something that both sides wanted to get done. I think both sides are happy."

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 43m43 minutes ago
#Ticats QB @ZCollaros7: "I think we have a great core group of guys and we all feel like we have some unfinished business."

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 44m44 minutes ago
#Ticats QB @ZCollaros7 on his new deal: "I think it's obvious why here: I've said it before, I love the city, I love fans." #CFL #HamOnt

Whew!

As he should be! :thup:

Matthew Scianitti
?@TSNScianitti
Zach Collaros contract: 3/yrs $1.5m total (16-18). In 2017, set to be #CFL highest-paid player earning over 520K, without bonuses #Ticats

Kind of crazy that Collaros will be the highest paid player in the CFL in 2017 at 500 k. That's the same amount Casey Printers was making 10 years prior to that when Hamilton made him the highest player in the league.

Not thrilled to see those two names uttered in the same post. [shudder]

I think this is amazing news. I would have ranked Collaros as the #1 free agent priority this past off-season even though he was still under contract for another year. You don’t let talent like that get away, at this stage of his career, having shown so much potential at the most important position on the field.

If this is why we had to let Medlock take a walk, I’m OK with it (even though I still think that decision could cost us one or two close games this season).

How many games do you think we’d lose in the future without Zach?

More than a couple. Hence my statement.

Ah yes, the one that got away.
Congratulations to Zach and the Cats for this awesome signing.

Great to hear! I think I'll be picking up Collaros jersey this year! :rockin: