Zach Collaros College Career

My wife went to the University of Cincinnati and, as such, I began following and cheering for the Bearcats. In 2009 they went 12-1 with their only loss being to Florida (and Tim Tebow) in the Sugar Bowl.

2009 was supposed to be a huge year for the team. Their senior quarterback, Tony Pike, was expected to put up some huge numbers. My wife and I are watching them play the University of South Florida on TV. Both teams were 5-0 so this was a big conference matchup.

Its 17-10 in the third quarter and Pike breaks his hand. I tell my wife: "there goes the season" as this Sophmore QB with 4 career pass attempts named Zach Collaros comes out. On his third play from scrimmage he does this and makes me a lifelong fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k1tIJGHv20

Thanks for posting that! Hopefully we'll see more runs like that by Zach as a Cat. I actually saw Cincinnati play in person once - but that was pre-Zach at the 2007 International Bowl that they won against Western Michigan I believe.

Lets hope Collaros can please of the doubters on this site. I think he'll do well as a Ticat; perhaps not right
out of the gate, but eventually. I for one, am very hopeful.