Your Top 5 Football Movies

C'mon Tiger-Cats fans... lets see what your top 5 football movies are.

1 - Rudy. I'm love stories about underdogs (I'm sappy) and Notre Dame is my favorite college team.
2 - Remember the Titans. See above about underdogs.
3 - Brian's Song. Is there a trend here? lol
4 - North Dallas 40. Great movie... Slap Shot and this movie draw a lot of similarities to me in terms of realism. Also... I love the CFL references when asking Elliot if he can "Speak Canadian".
5 - The Longest Yard - Burt Reynolds can carry a moustach like none other!

I can only pick one.. Rudy.

Not only the greatest football movie ever but makes my top 20 overall best list.

1 - Friday Night Lights
2 - The Longest Yard (2005)
3 - Remember the Titans
4 - Invincible
5 - The Blind Side

1. Victory
  2. Bend It Like Beckham
  3. ...

Oh, wait. Wrong football.

Actually, I don't remember that many good football movies. Not that I've seen them all. So here's my abbreviated list:

1. The Longest Yard (1974 version - haven't see the new one yet) - I haven't see it in years, and maybe it's better that way
  2. Friday Night Lights - a little cheesy, very predictable, but still pretty good

I think the last 2 posters have not seen Rudy.

I should have given honorable mentions to Invincible and The Blind Side. The Longest Yard 2005… maybe for kids.

The Six Million Dollar Man - One of Our Running Backs is Missing, with Larry Csonka, Dick Butkus and Carl Weathers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LnUa2bV9Y4

You are correct. But it is on my list of movies to watch at some point. I know my son really enjoyed it.

Football movies - definitely "Bend it Like Beckham" it was funny and had a real story to it not just one of those boring underdog football movies where they "come from behind" to win the big game.

Ive seen it just didn’t make my top 5

I don’t think were looking for soccer movies…
N there are a ton of football movies based on real stories, and they don’t always come out on top (Friday Night Lights).

*** SPOILER ALERT!!! ***

I have to add a few…

• The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenom
  • Air Bud: Golden Receiver
  • Little Giants

C’mon… they are GREAT MOVIES for kids.

Now, ones that I left off the list…

• Any Given Sunday… just didn’t really like it.
  • The Replacements… I actually like this one but it’s pure cheese.

What about "The Water Boy" with Adam Sandler? great football movie, I think it was based on a true story, not like that Rudy garbage.

And then there’s “Ace Ventura: Pet Detective”. Perfect for 13-year-old boys. Or not. :expressionless: (Not much actual football in it, if any, but it does revolve around the Miami Dolphins.

Yeah, “The Replacements” wasn’t horrible, although Keanu Reeves was a bit flat in it. But then, I find him like that most movies - “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” being the only exception I can think of.

There was a film made partly at Ivor Wynne a few years back that starred Tony Danza. It was a true story about some US kicker. Never saw it but I remember reading about the filming at IWS in the Hamilton media.

Edit:

Found it on IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142306/

A list of the filming locations:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142306/locations

Of the movies named here so far, I've only seen Bend it Like Beckham. The only other football movie I remember watching is a made-for-tv movie from 1991 starring Roseanne Barr called "Backfield in Motion". So I guess by default, I've only got a top 2 list, and those are the only movies on it. Unfortunately, one is about the wrong kind of football, and I don't think the other one should be on anybody's top anything list.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

#1. Rudy
#2. We are Marshall
#3. The Waterboy
#4. Remember the Titans
#5. The Blindside

I totally forgot We Are Marshall. A great one for sure!

Honourable Mention:

• "Paper Lion". (Wonder if the Lions' management has thought of calling him up again. The way they've played the last few years, he'd probably make the team.)
  • MAS*H

Others that I regretted seeing, which are not on my list:

• All the Right Moves
  • Jerry MacGuire (I sense a trend here)
  • Semi-Tough (definitely no "The Longest Yard")

Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenom