your thoughts on this..

ok I read this from a young Torontonian who posted this on Sportsnet.. read it, tell me what you think?

[i]meh, CFL, who cares, let it die already, any league that ever allowed to teams called roughriders, definitely has issues. As Minigun said below, or is it above? No young people watch this game, it is incredibly boring. I took in the season opener for the argos last year, i think they may have even been playing the ti-cats actually. After about 2 quarters we left, and we had field level seats.

With three downs, as the CFL does it, it seems you are watching the teams change thier offence and defence come on and off the field more often that watching plays. THere is no rythym to the game at all i find. They throw a ton, problem is that have the QB's are not very good, outside of Calvillo really.

I hate slagging the cfl, and im not doing it to be a prick, it has lots of fan, just not my cup of tea at all, and the NFL will never fly here either until the team is called the TORONTO whatevers, not the Buffalo Bills.

Just my two cents[/i]

Now, I got pretty upset when I read it. he really doesn't understand the game clearly.

[quote="cflisthebest"]ok I read this from a young Torontonian who posted this on Sportsnet.. read it, tell me what you think?

[i]meh, CFL, who cares, let it die already, any league that ever allowed to teams called roughriders, definitely has issues. As Minigun said below, or is it above? No young people watch this game, it is incredibly boring. I took in the season opener for the argos last year, i think they may have even been playing the ti-cats actually. After about 2 quarters we left, and we had field level seats.

With three downs, as the CFL does it, it seems you are watching the teams change thier offence and defence come on and off the field more often that watching plays. THere is no rythym to the game at all i find. They throw a ton, problem is that have the QB's are not very good, outside of Calvillo really.

I hate slagging the cfl, and im not doing it to be a prick, it has lots of fan, just not my cup of tea at all, and the NFL will never fly here either until the team is called the TORONTO whatevers, not the Buffalo Bills.

Just my two cents[/i]

Now, I got pretty upset when I read it. he really doesn't understand the game clearly.[/quot

That is the attitude of the majority of folks in the GTA and media ! They get the 100th Grey Cup as well !!!!!!!!!

funny, young people dont care about the CFL, yet i am going to the hamilton labour-day game with 15 people in thier early to mid 20's.

he talks about last years opener, but it was the hopeless argos game.
this year is a much different story.

shouldnt take this too seriously.

well I don't, but it's guys like that which shape our future! and that scares the hell out of me.

ignorant stupid kids that dont' see a good thing only care about what looks the best on paper!

I don't usually take anyone who can't differentiate between to, too, and two seriously.

Who cares what random person thinks. I talk to people like this all the time, and generaly they are misinformed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

One of my thoughts is that whoever wrote that needs to learn how to write. It's embarrassing and IMO that takes away a lot of credit/respect for the writer's comments in general.

It's also written by someone who doesn't really get football and is enamored by the NFL's marketing - which is incredible to be sure!

Exactly! :thup: Actually, I "generally" agree with you! :wink:

ya, he's dazzled by production and marketing and can't separate that from what really goes on!

anyone who's actually sat down and watched a good game in the CFL and then watched an NFL game LIVE.. will see that the CFL is a much more entertaining game!

if he thinks that game was boring, he should go and watch two crappy NFL teams play to a 9-6 score and see how boring that will be... :roll:

…much like crows adore bright shiny objects of little value…like Megan Fox…

…I wouldn’t get too bent outof shape over the misguided ramblings of some teen in toronto…as a counterpoint, my son has been coming to games with me for years, but now he and his early 20’s friends are buying seasons tickets next year together as a group…there are four young fans to negate this one non-fan…

Haha, I never said I could spell, but i generally know how to use my homophones (I had to look that word up). :wink:

He's likely just parroting somebody else's opinion, as so many do. Just ignore him.

...or he has his own opinion, which he is clearly entitled to. People should quit appearing insecure by dwelling on what other people think of the CFL and focus instead on what makes them happy. Non-issue, imo...

True and everyone has an opinion. However, speaking of boring 9-6 NFL games; I remember watching the 1975 Grey Cup game that was won with no touchdowns scored. Great defensive game won by Edmonton 9-8 over Montreal at McMahon in -15 degrees Celsius, 25 kilometre wind per hour which played a havoc role for the kicking game.

But the league that allowed teams to be called "Packers" and "Browns" doesn't have issues?

I'm pretty young, and i find it incredibily exciting.

I was at that game, it was over by halftime. Maybe that's why you left?

And i assume you find that the NFL, which has a 40 second play clock, does have rhythm to it?

This shows how many games you've watched.

There in lies your problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Reading what a "young Torontonian" has to say about the CFL on sportsnet.ca is a recipe for disaster.
I wouldn't put any stock into what some ignorant kid living with his parents is saying.
Who cares what he says?

u know, i butcher the english language on the internet pretty well but that is just tough to read.. to? shouldnt it be two?obviously this guy hasnt watched a game in a while as the roughriders of ottawa have been dead for a few years. normally on websites like that i take what ppl say on there with a grain of salt.

check this out

im an old man, i dont like candy cuz it rots my teeth.

am i an old man tho? no im not. take what u read on these sites with a grain of salt folks.

heres a story about toronto, i was watching jon stewart on the daily show a few years back, toronto was trying to get the olympics that eventually went to china i beleive. stewart said, the main i guess, selling point of toronto was come to toronto as 52 percent of their population isnt from toronto. he said that the main selling point was come to toronto, where u have a 52 percent chance of meeting someone not from toronto. does this have a point? not really, its just how toronto is tho. the olympics decided u know what, nm toronto, lets go with the uber communist country. thats really all that needs to be said about toronto.. come to toronto where u have a 52 percent chance of meeting someone not from toronto.

Couldn't agree more. How many times have we heard people make these same comments? Who cares.

Last year's Argos were pretty tough to watch...

That is funny on a number of levels!

My thoughts on the original post.....

The company I work for has an office in Toronto, and I deal with a number of contractors from there as well. Now I have never brought up the Argos or Ti-Cats or the CFL with any colleagues, but I have found that evry one I work with outh there is a fan. I have traveled to TO with work and seen hats and jerseys and shirts on people in the street (this was last year even...), and I have even seen some out here in Calgary, Point being, the people who say the "CFL is a joke" or "Let it die" etc... is a swiftly shrinking minority. I have some NFL only friends, and they dont give me a hard time about the CFL anymore, because (most of them) know that the CFL is not going anywhere!

NFL only or NFL over CFL fans see that the packaging has improved (GREAT effort TSN!!!!) and attendence is up and empty seats are down....there is much less to complain about there.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVz7drpP5c&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVz7drp ... re=related[/url]

I don't remember the end of this play...