Your Official Last Home Game of the Season CommentsThread

Unbelievable. We don’t even have this up yet. I’ll give it the go…

WHAT – Last home game of the Season

WHO - Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

WHY – Time to check out who really wants a job next year and who doesn’t. The game doesn’t mean a lot to either team except that Winnipeg has an outside shot at a home playoff game. Perhaps the real reason to go is to honour ‘Pigskin Pete’ for his three decades of ‘Oski-Wee-Wee’s’.

WHERE – Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario

WHEN – Sunday October 15, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

WEATHER: Sunny with some cloudiness, Light wind to 15 kph or 10 mph, Temperature 10 C or 50F.

HOW - Television: TSN as part of a double header. BC vs. Calgary to follow
Radio: CHML 900KHz AM: www.900chml.com

There may not be as many posts to this one, with this being a home game. And even those who won't be able to make it to IWS may not be too interested in posting here, with this game being considered menaingless. And that could be a reason this thread was not started earlier. But I plan on being here.

Anyway, you can click here for the Ticats' depth chart. In addition to Eakin being listed as the starter , it's interesting to see Fowlkes and Dixon listed as starters on offence and defence respectively. I would like to see more of what they can do. And for players like them, this game is anything but meaningless.

And yesterday, there was the end of an era with Edmonton being eliminated from the playoffs for the first time in 34 years. And another era that last over three decades end today, with this being Paul Weiler's last game. When those two eras started, Ron Lancster was a starting quarterback. Now, he's about to retire from coaching. And that's the end of another era...

Today there will be a dearth of comments, for many reasons.

1. Those fans who can be at the game, will be at the game.
  2. As said above, no chance of the team attaining any status, win or lose.
  3. This entire site has deteriorated since being amalgamated with the CFL site.
  4. PLEA… Oh, for the good old days… (personal note)

I will be watching, will put in a few comments as the game progresses. But, mostly. I’ll be watching Lumsden, Eakin, Williams for clues as to next year’s potential. Hope springs eternal…

Game on.

Winnipeg starts at the 50 after... an onside kick attempt by us?

And you can click here for Winnipeg's game thread, which was just posted. And Brazzell and Cavil are starting? Interesting to see both receivers we rejected and were picked by by Winnipeg are starting there.

And Brazzell just did something he did not do much of for us. Unfortunately.

And Armstrong gets the TD and it was just four plays the Bombers needed to get it.

Let's hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Konregay returned the kickoff? Not sure why.

Let's see what the second stringers on offence can do.

Same old, same old....
I'm not usually in favour of drastic actions like exploding the whole team, BUT a case can be made.

If this keeps up, then quite a few people may demand blowing everything up. It already has been suggested a few times.

And a 28 yard punt by Fleming? Doesn't he know that we could use a better player to be our K/P?

Wow. Winnipeg turns it over on downs after they were just short on 3rd and 1. That was unexpeected.

And Lumsden gets a first down! Just what I hoped to see from him.

And Lumsden gets us to the 25!

And let's hope that is a sign of things to come!

And it sounded like there was a loud chant led by Paul Weiler there in his last game.

Touchdown!

Eakin to Ralph on 2nd and 6 makes it 7-7.

Hi Folkes
Woke up a few minutes late
Touchdown Cats

Lumsden is amazing.

Eakin looks very relaxed, prime to steal maas' job for next season.

altho the ticat D keeps gettign burned for the big play.

Ouch.

Kwame Cavil gets TD pass when Winnipeg was starting at the 35.

Not a bad return by Kornegay there, getting us to about the 40.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll see some more Lumsden carries here.

Wow. Eakin goes deep to Flick and brings us to Winnipeg 35. Let's hope Eakin keeps it up.

Nice catch Morreale

1st quarter ends with it being 3rd and about 1 on the Winnpeg 6. I say we go for it, with the way the defence has played on two of three Winnpeg drives.

But we go for the easy three points. With the way the team doesn't seem to do well on 3rd and 1 or 2, I don't think I should be surprised.