Your Favourite Ticat win?

Thought I'd start something a tad more upbeat

My all-time favourite win was game 2 of the 2 game total point series. After listening to the Blue team fans run their mouths here in Hamilton, it was great to hear the utter silence when we came back and won that.

Honourable mention to the '86 Grey Cup game (the look on Damon Allen's face as he stood on the sidelines was priceless) and to LD 2005. In a season where we didn't do much winnin we still beat the Blue team on LD. :stuck_out_tongue:

I forget which year it was that we came back in game two of the total point series (1986?), the turning point being a blocked ilesic punt, compounded by an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on hank the shank... again, forgive me forgetting the year, but another favourite moment was when ozzie hit that long playoff game winning field goal in the snow (semi-final versus winnipeg?)...we just got a puppy, half aussie shepherd and half husky, and since i figure he'll be good in the snow, I named him ozzie (my wife thought we meant aussie, until my kids, also cats' fans, explained the rationale)...The Drive capped by sunter's kick in 72 was sweet, too

My all-time favourite win was game 2 of the 2 game total point series. After listening to the Blue team fans run their mouths here in Hamilton, it was great to hear the utter silence when we came back and won that.

That must have been one of the acts of God, that Leo talked about. :smiley:

Yes, keeping blue team fans quiet is somewhat of a miracle isn't it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Being of the younger age range, my favourite is from the not to distant past.
1998 Eastern Final vs. the Als. Ozzy kicking that winning field goal with (as I remember) no tim left on the clock.
Classic

99....I was there!!!!

last years labour day games was wicked.

That's my high point as well - the atmosphere at Exhibition stadium as that game went on was incredible - probably 10K+ Cats fans in the stadium, and it just got louder and louder and louder...

the 1999 eastern final in montreal when we faked on a 3rd down late in the game to set up the winning touchdown!!!the 86 game was also a sweet win!!!

The fourth quarter of the 1998 Eastern Final Game!!! The way that the 'Cats defense manhandled Montreal and then Ozzie's field goal to win it was priceless :thup: :thup:

I would also have to go with the playoff win in '86.

After that high snap sailed over Hank's head and we scored another touchdown before the end of the first half - it was destiny

I would also have to go with the playoff win in '86.

After that high snap sailed over Hank's head and we scored another touchdown before the end of the first half - it was destiny

1998 Eastern Final at Ivor Wynne. That 54 yard field goal by the Wizard of Ozzie was without a doubt the most exciting moment I’ve ever experienced as a Tiger-Cat fan.

The explosion of noise from the fans when the ball floated through the uprights was truly deafening. That was Ozzie’s crowning moment without a doubt!
What a party!
Ironically we lost the Grey Cup the next week in similar fashion but it didn’t matter…snuffing out the mouthy Alouettes was much more satisfying at the time (for me anyhow)

Go Cats!

Yes! I was there too!I remember talking to the team the day before at the open pratice they had and another thought comes to mind when Corey Grants mother was crying outside after the game because she was so so happy for her son winning the grey cup!She told me she never could understand what this was all about till now!priceless!

LB Joe Hagins on a 15-yd leaping reception over a Montreal DB. Priceless. Not quite "The Catch" though... lol

Its 1995, early in the regular season. We’re at the CryDome to see a Cats-argos game, and the fans are giving it to us cuz it wasn’t exactly Hamilton’s greatest year. In particular, a group of teenagers in front of us crossed the line from good-natured rivalry to being jerks by standing up and turning around to yell anti-Hamilton epithets while the play is going on, waving a giant argo flag that blocked the view of the game for several rows of fans, etc. Even other nearby argo fans were trying to explain to them that’s not how things work, but to no avail.

So, the Cats are already down by 3 scores when a wide open Paul Masotti snags a pass and starts running to the end zone. The only Cat within 30 yards of him is Sam Rogers, who to his credit kept up a hopeless pursuit. The previously mentioned argo fans had already turned around by the time Masotti was on the 20 yard line to yell “you guys $uck!! You guy’s f*ckin’ $uck!!? over and over. Glancing around him however, it was clear that Rogers had gained ground on Masotti, who had slowed to a trot at the 5 yard line. As Masotti turns his head at the 1 yard line to look for teammates with whom to celebrate, Rogers leaps through the air and desperately bats at the ball, knocking it loose and recovering it just outside of the goal line.

You’d think that’d be a lesson learned for those fans, but no. So, fast forward to the 4th quarter. The Cats have struggled back to tie the game, but with about a minute left, the dreaded argos start a drive from their own territory and end up down on the Cats 20 yard line with 2 or so seconds left on the clock. The argo kicker at the time is Wayne Lammle, which should have given us a glimmer of hope. But even if he misses, the ball goes out of the end zone for a rouge, we lose, and the argo fans get the last laugh. The argos line up for the kick, and again, instead of watching the game, these fans turn around to tell us we f*ckin’ $uck, ask us if we would like to go home and whine now, and then give us the cupped ear a la Hulk Hogan. Things were looking bleak.

The ball is snapped, and it is clear Lammle’s kick is gonna go wide (stop the presses!), but of course it’ll still sail out the back of the end zone. Or will it? Lee Knight (praise be his name also) who is standing with Ozzie at the back of the end zone, leaps up and gets vertical by at least 3 feet, snags the ball with the tip of his fingers, and quickly punts the ball with no time left on the clock. But not only did the punt not go out of bounds, it ends up in the hands of Masotti! Knowing that not many get a second chance like this, Masotti goes to punt it back in. He only had to kick it 20 yards, then its game over and argos win by 1 point. Oh, except for one thing:

SHANK!!!

The game stays tied, its overtime, and in the two 5-minute halves that commenced (I dearly miss that OT format), the Cats clobbered the argos. We quietly walked out, glowing with self-satisfaction and feeling that all was right with the world.

In the grand scheme of things, it was a totally meaningless game. But oh, what a game.

Great story Bunner!

Anytime Hamilton beats Toronto

The biggest? For me, the 1972 Grey Cup victory by the Cats, 13-10 over Saskatchewan, in Hamilton. Ian Sunter was so clutch with the winning kick. Angelo Mosca and Garney Henley raised the Cup together for the last time for the fans. I was 7 at the time, but that game really had a profound impact upon me.

The 2-game series win vs. the Blue Team and the 1998 East final would be my #2 and #3 victories, respectively.

Oski Wee Wee,