Your favourite "non-famous" Tiger-Cats"

True enough AKT, I don't think he'll ever be a Andy Fantuz but hopefully I'm wrong.

Now Wally Zatynly was someone I really liked as someone above mentioned. And didn't John Priestner play for the Cats for a short while? Liked him because he went to Western.

:thup:

I’ll second that.

3 other guys from the current roster who fit the bill:
George Hudson - probably won’t be a Cat a whole lot longer, but the past 2 seasons he’s been solid
Yannick Carter - valuable special teams player, #2 in team ST tackles and 6th in the league
Matt Kirk - more than just a depth guy (and if Steele develops, they could make a 1-2 NI punch at tackle)

It’s because he doesn’t have a valid argument to make for himself being here, not because he’s being respectful.

yeah, Wally Z. was good for the community.

Wally Zatylny

We'll remember him forever. Not sure what he's up to now but I'd be curious to know. A googles search turns up a linkedin profile.

i see someone mentioned kyle walters..interesting lil tidbit on kyle walters... he's the bombers special teams coordinator :slight_smile:

I'd have to say Bob Krouse. He was a Hamilton walk on right out of high school I believe. He was also my football coach when I went to the old Saltfleet High School. He was tough. He only needed to smack you on your skull with his Grey Cup ring for you to pay attention. Great speed, tough and a mean bastard when he needed to be.

He was tough, but Mosca was tougher (no disrespect). I remember Krouse messing up on a play and Ang clubbed Krouse across the head sending him to the ground, Ouch. Next play, Krouse crushed someone; lesson learned, tough love…old time football for sure. So it must have been Mosca that taught him the “smack to the head to get attention trick” 'eh :lol:

At one point following his playing days, I know he was selling pharmaceuticals. That was probably 10 years go now.

8) That wasn't Dave Fleming that did that !!
 It was former Argo and 1 year TiCat receiver, Bobby Taylor that made that particular play.

The year was 1971, and the game was in Hamilton against Taylors former team, the Argos.    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I'm going to add to one to my list:

Saul Zemaitis (Tiger-Cat from the early 70's)

Probably for no other reason than, as a kid at the time, I always thought he had a cool name :lol:

PS...thanks to all for your responses so far.....some great names have been posted and they bring back some good memories

Jhon motton
david baley
todd wiseman
joe hagins
dale sanderson

Adam Tafralis no dought
great guy really down to earth

u rok Adam

Wayne Lee

Bobby Dawson of the 1990s

Sean Woodson

He was famous for one game, when he had three interceptions, a fumble recovery and two TDs in one quarter of play, but he always played a solid game at outside LB

Like many Cat fans I was going to say Joe Hagins, but I don't know about the Non-Famous part because if it was not for an unbelievable jumping catch on third down on a pass from Danny McManus this team would not have gone on to win the game against the Als in Montreal and onto the win the Grey Cup in 1999 against Calgary at BC Place. The Head Coach of the Cats and decision maker for the Joe Hagins catch was the near and dear great CFL player Ron Lancaster, Wow what a Play!!! Joe received his Grey Cup ring and that was the end of his career one year or so with the Cats and that was it, but what a catch!!!

That Joe Hagins catch by far in my mind is right up there with Tony Champion's catch from Cat QB Mike Kerrigan at the 1989 Grey Cup in Toronto at the SkyDome against Sask and "Downtown Eddie Browns" catch as a member of the Edmonton Eskimos in the 1996 Grey Cup in Hamilton when he caught the ball after kicking it up from his right heel and caught the ball on the back of his right thigh and not to mention the recent catches by Arland Bruce in the CFL with Winnipeg, Toronto and now Hamilton, more to come this year from Mr. Bruce!! Eat Em Raw Ti-Cats!!!!!

Great post Deerhunter - the topic brings tears to my eyes - especially when I think of Dave Lane - "5' 9", 155lbs and tough as nails on punt returns" - he was also the captain of our high school hockey time and could barely skate (now that I think of it I think it was Dave that usually brought tears to my eyes) - if you knew Dave you know exactly why they made him captain and why he made the Cats! And speaking of HP, besides Jack Blair, how about John Kelley (a definite "should-have-been") and much, much earlier Steve Oneschuk (great defensive player, great kicker, and very positive role model)! Ed Turek rules! Others? Anyone remember Vic Shannon? Ronnie Knox? Paul Dekker?

Nice first post. Ronnie Knox and Paul Dekker, I remember them well

Paul Dekker played nine seasons at Hamilton,
1954-1961 and played in the Grey Cup five times.

He was elected to the All Eastern/All Western All?Star team four times

and tied a Grey Cup record for the longest completed pass

with a 90?yard touchdown reception
in the Tiger?Cats’ 21?14 overtime loss

to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the 1961 Grey Cup game.

Ronnie Knox…a mite bit controversial…

check the “Where are they now?” thread

[url=http://forums.ticats.ca/posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=54169]posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=54169[/url]
Knox played one season at UCLA before being declared ineligible due to accepting "under-the-table" financing. After leaving UCLA, Knox signed a movie contract with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, but he would never appear in any pictures for the studio. Knox signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, but would leave the team after one month to once again pursue a film career. Knox signed with the Calgary Stampeders on October 3, 1956, six days after quitting the Tiger-Cats.
  1. I was at his last game in uniform. As I recall they used an ambulance (?) to take him off of the field. I don’t remember what his injury was though (broken neck?)

2. I met Bob Krouse through my brother-in-law who was a high school coach in St Catharines and knew him. He was a lot bigger than I expected and seemed like a nice guy.

My favourite “non-famous” TiCat was Gord Christian. As already mentioned recently deceased. I was 10 or 12 years old and decided to pick a favourite player. # 72 Gordo seemed like a natural. He played tight-end and made some tough over the middle catches for the team and always seemed to be the first player down-field covering kicks.

Gord Christian was famous.... they even made a movie about him starring Ringo Starr :smiley: