Your favourite bands!

Oh, I agree! When it comes to pop music, kids today are very underprivileged.

My top twenty bands in rough order would be as follows:

Rolling Stones
Doors
Animals
Beatles
The Who
(Peter Green’s) Fleetwood Mac
Cream
Kinks
Blondie
Jethro Tull
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Ten Years After
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Junior Walker & the All Stars
Spirit
Roxy Music
Butterfield Blues Band
Yardbirds
Creedence Clearwater Revival

David Bowie, Johnny Rivers, Neil Diamond, James Brown, the Supremes, the Four Tops, Prince and Jeff Beck could make it up there somewhere but they’re not bands.

:-\

Any more lists?

???

You got some I forgot and i like all on your list. . How could I forget Alvin Lee and TYA ?

Chicago
Steely Dan
Rush
Lighthouse
Moody Blues
Downchild
Roxy music
CCR
CSNY
The Hollies
ZZ Top
ELO
Doobie Bros
Foreigner
Bad Company

#1 by a mile for me would be any of the Miles Davis quartets or quintets.

Otherwise, in no particular order, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Glen Miller, Artie Shaw, Pete Fountain, Teddy Wilson, Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Roy Hargrove, Tom Harrell, Dave Brubeck, and Jack Teagarden.

Hmmmm. MadJack may perhaps be one of them jazz enthusiasts!

:wink:

HELIX

1. Heart
  2. Triumph
  3. Twisted Sister
  4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  5. Journey

Bon Jovi
Van Halen
Skid Row
AC/DC
Deep Purple
Beastie Boys
Black Sabbath
Foreigner
Guns n’ Roses
Honeymoon Suite
Scorpions
Blondie
KISS

Aside from the top 5, not in order

1 Like

Guess Who
CCR
Three Dog Night
ABBA
Queen
Mama’s and Papa’s
Eagles
Rolling Stones

Many other bands like the Doors, Deep Purple, and such have put out a couple of songs I really like but the some total of their work was not all that to me.

Individuals and Duos

Neil Diamond
Elvis
Burton Cummings
BJ Thomas
Harry Chapin
Cher
Elton John
Billy Joel
Karen Carpenter
Sonny and Cher
Simon and Garfunkle

All of the choices in posts above I like as well .

Def Leppard , Journey , Guns and Roses I saw live not too long ago and was happy I went .

Journey was good and enjoyed the performance with the lead singer Arnel Pineda replicating Perry’s voice so well . He may have actually went beyond filling his shoes .

Def Leppard has such a great catalogue of work they had no trouble keeping the audience wanting more .

G and R surprised me as Axel is known to be late and shorten the shows as well .

They not only went on early they played non stop for three hours plus .

Rose was exceptional and the band was energized through out the show .

Got my Money’s worth .

Saw TSO twice. Their first concert is in the top 10 best concerts I have ever seen. Highly under rated and highly entertaining . I still try to tell people about them and so many have never even heard of them !

We took in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Massey Hall some ten years ago and fully enjoyed the performance:

Massey Hall is a great venue but TSO needs room. The ACC is the best place for them. The musicians have room to perform out on the floor and they do ! Music is fantastic and the show is too.

My favourite bands:

Queen
Blue Oyster Cult
the Beatles
the Doors
AC/DC
Boston
Imagine Dragons

Yes
Y & T
CCR
Rolling Stones
Judas Priest
McCartney & Wings
Doobie Brothers
Def Leppard
ELO

Canadian Bands:
Guess Who
Trooper
BTO
Streetheart
Loverboy

I wasn’t a really big fan of the Stones until I saw them in Concert some years back… hard to believe it was 14 yrs ago… I didn’t include April Wine in my Canadian section because of their performance at a Rider cabaret… their two opening acts blew them off the stage… still leaves a bitter taste even 4 or 5 yrs later…

Hey Sambo, is the Y&T in your list Yesterday and Today ?

I saw Judas Priest many years ago before they went heavy metal. I guess you would call them progressive back then.

Nazareth is another early band i liked.

That would have been pre-1975. Their first album from 1974 Rocka Rolla had some blues and progressive elements. By 1976 they were writing heavier riffs and their 2nd album Sad Wings of Destiny saw a significant shift towards their heavy metal sound.

Yes, that was their original name, until it just became Y &T… the album Black Tiger was my favourite… good songs, great music!

Yes, I have to dig through my albums now. Thanks.

…count me as a member of the unreached peoples group…looks like I have a new research project…

Thanks…I saw many concerts over the years. Combine that with Leaf games and CFL games and I know where my money went. There were so many great bands on tour…I had two close friends from England who used to come over here for work and they always brought me albums from bands like Judas Priest that were not even known here then. Ahhh, the good ole days.

1 Like

I have several discs of their concerts/music but the best by far is ‘The Lost Christmas Eve’. Find that disc first. It comes with a small book to read. Read the book and put on the headphones and get ready. I play that disc over and over even in August.
Also check out some of their videos. The one with Michael Crawford singing ‘O Holy’Night’ is amazing. One of the best versions of my favourite carol.