You want to complain about the media?

Right now , there is only 1 team that has nothing to worry about, that would be the Als. They wait untill Grey Cup to blow up. Every team in the west has nothing clinched. SK and CGY look alright , but still can't get complacent. Edm and BC are in big trouble if Winnipeg starts winning a few more games.
I rather have it this way, than the nfl having half their teams out of it by week 8.

[i]I don't know if anyone else is still listening, but I liked what one caller said, and it got me thinking about something.

Football is probably the hardest sport to play. It's like a physical version of chess. You're constantly trying to outsmart your opponent. You have to constantly change your game plan, make adjustments. You don't see that in other sports.

What puts the CFL over the NFL is teams in the CFL have to prepare for the same team multiple times. Take a look at the three games between Edmonton and Saskatchewan. Each game was a battle. They've had to constantly adjust because you can't do the same thing you did last week, or the week before.

Could you imagine how difficult it'd be if the Colts had to play the Patriots 3 or 4 times a season?

Nothing against the NFL, but I think the CFL schedule is probably harder.[/i]

Good read Chief. Yes, I agree kasps about having it the CFL way rather than how it is in the NFL. Also, people now say the Fish-Bills rivalry is dead. Why? Because both teams have a low chance of making the playoffs year after year. At least in the CFL while it can still be difficult if you are really crapping it out, the thing is there is so much incentive to improve as I say not only because you don't make money hand over fist like you do in the NFL whether you win or lose because of the huge TV money, but also as I say there is huge pressure on not being one of the two teams that don't make it, you are easily singled out unlike where around 15 or so teams in other leagues don't make it, easier to blend in.

Hey Chief, they did mention some of that stuff earlier when it was just Suitor and Dave Pratt talking - before they got Gallagher on the air.

In fact, Pratt (who is usually an idiot) pointed out how hard people were on David Braley for lending money to the Argo's....yet the LA Kings loaned way more money to the guy who bought Nashville, and later went to jail...all so that Jim Balsillie couldn't buy that team. Nice how there's a different standard for the NHL, which only has 6 teams in Canada.

I have always thought that Gallagher is an idiot. The only thing that he brings to the station is that he makes Pratt sound intelligent. I've never quite been able to understand how Gallagher has been able to have a job in the media for as long as he has...

I read that and thought this guy is a dumb ass and moved on. This Gallagher guys a small man with a scorching case of small mans disease. If he was a real reporter he would be state side according to his own believes.

Pratt & Taylor, Sep 29 Podcast

Gallagher appears to be from Vancouver and his bio implies that's where he's been all along. It's difficult to describe Pratt's tangent as unusual.

yet the LA Kings loaned way more money to the guy who bought Nashville, and later went to jail...all so that Jim Balsillie couldn't buy that team. Nice how there's a different standard for the NHL, which only has 6 teams in Canada.

Yes Sheep, certain members of our media will conveniently ignore that for sure.

I’ve always thought of the league soccer competitions of most FIFA sanctioned federations as having the most objective means in determining who the best team was over the course of a season.

The highest prize in any domestic soccer league (except MLS) is the league championship awarded to the regular season team with the highest point total at the end of a completely balanced schedule.

Yes this lacks the North American drama of the playoffs, (somewhat duplicated in entirely unrelated cup competions), but it objectively crowns a champion after a season schedule that sees every team play eachother twice (home & away).

The key number of teams for the CFL to reach to achieve this will be 10. This will feature 9 opponents to be played at home and away for an 18 game schedule.

I’m not suggesting we award the Grey Cup to the regular season winner, but 10 teams would give us a completely balanced schedule and you’d never see any given team at home more than once.

If the CFL were to expand beyond 10 teams, I think the next magical number (balanced & unrealistic) would be 20

If the CFL can get to 10, would be a miracle ! 10 solid franchises that are all on solid financial footing is the goal. Nobody is begging for franchises, Ottawa may finally decide by the year 2030 if they are in or out. Halifax or Moncton have been rumoured for a franchise for the last 30 years. So lets hope 2 of these cities can get their #@ together and get it done.

I still think that Quebec should have a team. Instant rivalry with Montreal.

Quebec and Ottawa. Those are the two that make the most sense to me.

Another benefit to the 10 team league is that a season ticket package will include 9 regular season dates against 9 different opponents. I guess that's not too much of a leap from the current 9 dates with 7 opponents (2 division rivals are seen twice each) but the emphasis on each opponent would be heightened.

Labour Day against the Argos would be the ONLY game Hamiltonians would be able to give it to their highway rivals. That's emphasis on an event. Like Christmas.

As far as the complete schedule goes, you wouldn't have 3 or 4 games against the same team anymore. The Cats and Argos play eachother 4 times this year. As a Cats fan living in TO, the benefit is that I can watch 18 games of CFL football live per year. The drawback is that I have to see Hamilton play Toronto live 4 times per year.

It waters the rivalry down.

Warning! Warning! This is now an expansion thread!

Yeah sorry about that…

All threads become expansion threads, it’s a law of nature, you can’t fight it…

There also needs to be a CFL video game! That would be cool!

Yeah? Well I was playing this CFL video game with this guy from the media (who is a real jerk btw) and I was playing Hamilton (of course) and he was playing a Halifax team. The game was really close but the refs in the game blew a call that cost me the game. I’m still fuming on how much CFL refs sux…

:P

"Whatever, he probably doesn't understand the logic that 6 out of 8 teams making the playoffs means you'll really be embarrased if you don't make the playoffs therefore way more pressure"

How true Earl. It's a shining example of why EVERY regular season game counts!

just 16 out of 30 make it,: Actually it’s 12 out of 32.

Thanks geo and yes, really makes the regular season games so vital and more of a chance that a higher percentage of teams are in the hunt for a playoff spot for a longer period of time.