YOU HAVE TO BE BETTER to be An CFL QB THEN A NFL QB

kING AND THE TWO QBS IN TORONTO WHO BASICLY ARE NFL cannot and will not cut in the CFL because yiu have to be better. Harder to throw the bigger ball on a much bigger field, have to be have more talent,be smsrter etc. harder game and take hits which NFL QBs are protected, they generally don`t get hit. Their game is much easier, four downs, they could run the ball 4 times and get a first down every time. So they really have to throw a down away for the game to even work. Smaller field to get to the end zone, AND MCUH EASIER TO DO WITH 4 DOWNS. Side line passes and easy and their ball is easIER
TO THOW on a much smaller field.

Colts qb and New England`s qb`s in the NFL would be the same,and do the same. Nothing! They would not make it. They would get killed and would stuggle badly. Can`t move well enough and would have major difficulties throwing the ball 65 yds across field to gain 5 yards and well they couldn`t move fast enough or run well enough with the ball or be able to master our game. NFL is totally overated, qb are overrated and well as the leaque. Candians that put down the CFL and only watch NFL are ignorant and are totally brainwashed

on the NFL hype, coverage, marketing, exposure, huge crowds, because of their population, and tv exposure. That does not make their players Gods and make them better or the size of thew country and leaque. What happen when Canada played Russia in hockey the first time. Yet right, the Russians were good, very good hockey players, even better then the Candians.

NFL candian brainwashed fans start taking notice of our game and start respecting and appreciating our game and support our game and CFL. Go to the games and support the CFL you may be surprised what you see and maybe become a CFL fan like the rest of us. I know Americans that watch CFL football in the states faithfully, CFL Friday nite football, get together with their Americans friends and watch our game and love our game and have stated they like our game better and these and Americans and we have Candians in our own Country that don`t even watch CFL football in our own country and support the CFL
because their brainwashed by the NFL.

Take in a CFL game and support our game which is older then the NFL by two years. and you may see yourself at a Grey Cup game someday

as a proud canadian and proud in what`s truely ours!

1 Like

Well, I do like both the CFL and NFL but I will say that just because you're a great NFL qb doesn't mean necessarily that you would be a great CFL qb even if you were on a good team.

And vice versa.

I don't know why people bother comparing the two any more. For all intents and purposes, they're different sports which require different skill sets at most positions because of the size of the field, the one-yard zone, etc.

A great power forward in the NBA wouldn't necessarily make a great slotback either. Who cares?

True enough CRF although a qb in either league basically does the same things ie. throw, run, handoff etc. but a basketball player and a slotback in football are entirely different not at all like a qb in either league.

But at the end of the day, as you say, who cares.

I know, I'm using an extreme example to make a point.

Staying within the game itself, the best and easiest example is one provided by Conredge Holloway on the Traditions DVD. He talks about kids where he coaches asking him to recommend them to the CFL if they can't make the NFL. He'll ask them back if they can't throw a deep out on an NFL field, what makes them think they can do it on a wider field?

Anyone who doubts it can also compare the weights of NFL defensive ends and linebackers to their CFL counterparts one day and wonder why there's often a 40 pound difference. It's not a coincidence.

Its almost immpossible to compare NFL and CFL quarterbacks because the two leagues are so different. Obviously an NFL quarterback would do poorly in the CFL right away because quarterbacks in the CFL play a much different role than in the NFL. Also the field being wider in the CFL is an advantage for CFL quarterbacks because it spreads the field and gives the quarterbacks much more room to throw. In the NFL it is much more congested so the quarterbacks need much more accuracy, especially in the red zone. I love the CFL but please don't say CFL quarterbacks have more skill because it just isn't true.

Thats why they could not Brady and boys throw our ball 65 yds across field, NFL qb have said a long way out there and you need a a big and accurate throw. Also I disagree with you saying smaller field makes it harder to thro, how cat that be when its much easier to throw a shorter distance with less angles and LIKE you say their bigger and by the way alot slower on a smaller field, Rickey Williams proved that when he could not get outside because of the distance and that the linebackers in the cFL a faster because they have to be inorder to cover a bigger area to defend. NFL is definitely over hyped, overrated, in every postion, specially with there small field. I dont buy there hype, money, big crowds, or their overrated so called Gods of of what they claim to be the best, world champs of football. I dont buy it!

Their are not near a good or as talented as they make them to be. Their selling hype more then talent!

I like Original Posters pro CFL sentiment, but the topic statement is just so rediculous. I think a reality check is in order.

If you think you know so much, put Brady in the CFL as a starter for BC next year and take Dickenson out and see now Brady would do.
I think you then you would have a reality check. Brady would do nothing, he would bearly make 3 string and that is the reality! NFL players , and qb`s are totally overrated, big time.

....[smart-o-meter]brilliant/novel/normal/dumb/retarded[smart-o-meter]....

You base that on what?
Someone else can come on here and say that Brady would throw for 7000 yards and which one of you would be right?

Did it occur to you that every QB in the CFL is American and played NFL style football in college? If you were right, there would not be a single American QB playing our game!

I am not so-much defending the American QBs so much as I am giving "you" a reality check!

You are going to compare apples to oranges in your next thread wspidel? Good luck with that-you will need it.

They're both fruity.....

CFL and NFL it does not matter what matters is the Talent in the CFL looks GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT.

RO, on what do you base your apparent position of "devils advocate" how presumably all or most NFL QB's are better simply because they play in the NFL?
That's nonsense as well.

Where did I say that NFL QBs are better.

Wspidel is saying that NFL QBs cant play in the CFL because of the bigger wider field, less downs....yada yada yada.
I am saying that every QB in the CFL is American. They all played College football on an American field with American rules and are doing quite nicely up here.
Some QBs can make it in Canada an some cant. A flat out statement that NFL QBs cant play in the CFL is baseless and ridiculous!

WHATS SHOCKS ME IS THAT THE WIDER FIELD WOULD MAKE A GUY LIKE VINCE YOUNG AND MIKE VICK BETTER I COULDNT IMAGINE MIKE VICK OR YOUN WITH REGGIE BUSH OR TED GINN PLAYING ON A WODE FIELD A WIDDER FIELD WOULD MEAN BIGGER BLOW OUTS THE NFL IS MUCH MORE SKILLED THAN CANADIAN FOOTBALL THE CFL ISNT GOING TO GET THE TOP NOTCH TALENT MOST OF THE CFL QB'S PLAYED AGAINST THE SAME NFL PLAYERS IN NCAA THAT DUMB TO SAY NFL PLAYERS CANT PLAY IN CANADA TRY TO PLAY 7 MAN UP ON TH ELINE WITH A VINCE YOUNG QB THROWING TO A REGGIE BUSH,RANDY MOSS,TEDD GINN,OR TERRY GLENN AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON THAT FORCES ONE ON ONE COVERAE ON THAT WIDE OF A FIELD THE NFL SWOULD SCORE 100 POINTS ATLEAST SO GUY YOU MUST NOT WATCH TO MUCH NCAA FOOTBALL BECAUSE WHAT YOU SAID WAS DUMB

A lot of the talented QBs in the CFL don't cut in the NFL because they're just too short, or aren't given the proper chances. Some NFL QBs could easily switch over to the CFL, while others could have difficulty and play poorly. Essentially, what you're looking for in the CFL is the shorter QBs that can scramble. Whereas in the NFL, tall and big pocket QBs are dominant.

Obviously QBs are suited more likely to one game or the other, so I don't think you can accurately compare two QBs from different leagues.

This situation is similar to Ricky Williams(a large power back in the NFL) who has difficulty keeping up with the pace of the CFL(where smaller, and quicker backs dominate). This doesn't mean that the NFL is more talented, or that the CFL is more talented, it only means that Ricky Williams is more suited to the NFL.

What IS it about turning off the caps lock that people find so very difficult to understand?

you dont have to @!%^&%@#%&*!@^ YELL