You be the QB

Ok I challenge all of you to make a decision.... be the QB hypothetically.... Right now im listening to the 5th quarter and they are interviewing Maas and he actually has the nerve to stand up and speak on behalf of his team's mistakes. He just commented about the lateral pass in the endzone he said "I hoped he would catch it on his shoulder and gain 1 or 2 yards".... WHO HOPES FOR 1 OR 2 YARDS?! You sound like a real pro!

Anyways I want to know what everyone would do in this tough situation... Would you lateral pass into your own endzone into double coverage... Or try to find a better reciever, throwing for 15 yards, or conceed a safety.

That was a dumb call. At least if you throw it downfield and it's picked, you've got a chance to make a tackle and make a stop on defense. There was too much risk and very little upside with that call.

I would have just chucked it as far as my damaged little arm could throw and conceded the safety.. it was up until THAT point that we were still "in" the game... what a friggen BONEHEAD call

Still trying to figure out what that was.

LOL.. who the hell picked the lateral play??? and WHY????????????

Well it doesn’t help that the pass was dropped… I know i should know my stuff but im not sure who fumbled that. I suppose i was too astonished at Maas to take notice.

Brock Ralph... just came to me

Brock Ralph fumbled. Wasn't surprised...

Well, here is the thing if you come out looking to throw you would expect a blitz inside and the DB's to provide a decent cushion that you might gain some yards. Well the DB's read the play well. That play isn't designed to have options....the QB just has to make the throw and hope the defence reacts differently.

if im the QB, i use a west coast offense, a throw a quick check down pass for 5-7 yards to a runningback, i aint taking no chance. Also that play wasnt a fumble, the refs blew that call, and CBC said at halftime that George Black agreed with the refs, its pure BS, CBC has no idea whats going on.

Where is the option of me using my Michael Vick speed to break out of the pocket and take it to the house 110 yards later?

if im the QB, i use a west coast offense, a throw a quick check down pass for 5-7 yards to a runningback, i aint taking no chance. Also that play wasnt a fumble, the refs blew that call, and CBC said at halftime that George Black agreed with the refs, its pure BS, CBC has no idea whats going on.
It was a catch for sure.

That was a fumble. Simple math is you try to get out of the end zone on 2nd. If unsuccessful. Take the safety on the punt on third

watching jason maas is like watching damon allen, both of their arms are done like dinner, they cant throw the deep ball, got no mobility, all they can is dink and dunk and facilitate the offense into punting on third down. The CFL needs to do a better job of grooming young canadian QBs, because the Americans we got right now are straight up garbage, QB play is down, The CFL needs to put the money on the line and start some QB camps and train some kids, get flutie, moon, and tracey ham up here to train some young kids, i see plenty of athletic people in this country that should be playing in the cfl, but aren’t due to politics and lack of coaching fundementals at the youth level.

difference is Damon Allen has had his time as a good QB. him starting is just Pinball being too nice a guy. Allen earned his way, and it would be harder to tell him his time is done after his proven performance in past years. Maas, not so much.

Honestly, Pinball isnt really a coach, The OC runs the offence, the Dc runs the defense, he doesnt call special teams plays, never calls timeouts, doesnt wear a headset or clipboard/ play sheet, what does that guy do? All he does is smile to the cameras and flip-flop his QBs. This guy aint a real coach, if he wasnt so buddy-buddy with the media he would have been canned by now, I even heard him mention he wanted to give Mcmahon reps next week in the ticats game. As a Ticats fan im happy if McMahon plays, he is garbage, ive followed him in the nfl, and his job as starting QB of the eagles was the most horrible performance ive ever seen.

It's funny how people who have never played a down of football are always the best play callers. (tongue in cheek) On this play, JM did exactly what he was told... which I'm sure the coaching staff did it for a reason... just backfired.

Most conservative coaches would have called for a run play so close to the end zone ,I've been bored by that play calling for years ,sorry Ron,but it might win mind you.
I'd call a pass for eight ,YAC for seven wasn't going to happen against Calgary last night.
I hate hitch passes and felt let down by that call.
Give Brock Ralph a break he caught the ball high and a bit behind him to set him up for a tough hit with a linebacker going for the ball,like Moreno would have as well!
Wasn't Zeke Moreno impressive last night ?

Do we have a Ben Zambiasi type middle linebacker here!!!?

I'd run and then concede the safety if it didn't gain the 15 (ha ha I know it shouldn't). It may be boring but it wins games

Throw the deep ball (if my arm still could), down the sidelines.....at worst it goes out of bounds....possibly picked off.

If incomplete, concede the safety on the punting situation.

I think the call came in from the coaches, so blame them, not the Q.B.