Yogi Berra Lives

Recently the Ottawa Redblacks president was asked about the status of his coach and general manager . His response was classic Yogi - " People judge your words, specifically by what you say" .

My advice to Mark Goudie in regard to next year’s staffing would be to wait till the end of the season because when you get to the fork in the road, you should take it . ;D

Pat Lynch (the big Berra fan)

Desjardins used to take media questions on state of the team. Now its the president.Interesting.

I read that interview as well; what I found interesting, besides saying Desjardins and Campbell &company have not done a good job are as follows:

1. Desjardins will spend within $5,000 of the cap. Really? And you still lost Harris, Elingson Powell and the DB (whose name escapes me).

2. We aim for a minimum of 10 win season. That is a great goal season in and season out - but did you really think you were going to achieve that goal with all the subtractions this year?

3. We’re looking for a new OC. Why would anyone one significant want to work for you? After what you did to the last OC that helped take you to the GC. You can’t stand in the way of people’s progress regardless of your contractual rights. He probably wouldn’t of got the job in Sask anyways.

You deserve this season, after all the short-sighted decisions. Your fans deserve a lot better effort.

Ottawa in general seems to have contiuous ownership strife with it’s sports teams. Going all the way back to the Renegades and right through to the recent debacles involving the Ottawa Senators NHL team.

Has anybody tested the water up there? ;D

Sounds like “It’s déjà vu all over again??

He’s either lying or Desjardins handed out some of the worst contracts in the history of the league.