Yo leaving, Ranek gone??!!

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Ottawa/2006/01/24/1409525-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 5-sun.html[/url]

Lonie and friends better have a good plan B if they think they can just stick with Ka'ron all next year!

C'mon Glieberguys - make with the AMEX pronto and keep some guys around!
Ever hear of continuity.....

He TURNED DOWN $135k??? :shock: Sorry, he's a great back but he's not worth any more than that, especially with this new cap. American RB's are a dime a dozen. Better to spend more on quality D then, or a solid free agent WR. Although I really wish Josh would come back.....its not too late - he hasnt signed anywhere yet.

Agreed... he turned down a pile of cash.... it's sad to see him go, but he was given a more then fair offer.....

Yep, I agree with you guys exactly. I'll love him and cheer for him while he's here, but now that he's gone I could care less. Just goes to show his greedy side. Sean Benett will fill his shoes nicely I think, and will fit better into John Jenkins new system.

Listen to the team 1200 this afternoon, Ranek will be on and he disputes what the GM is saying in the news. Should be very interesting.

Heard the interview - good one. It certainly doesnt sound like we've heard the last of this yet. Sounds like if the Gades can firm up a few other offers and show they're serious about winning then chances of Ranek coming back too are much better....

I'd hate to see Ranek go given his talent for running and catching. He's a great talent.

As for Yo, well, I'm a big Yo Murphy fan. In my opinion, he has the best hands on the field.

what else was said during this interview?

Paper says today that Yo will be back and he even says so himself being it will be his last. Also Chris Burns is close to signing to help the O line with a Canadian no less

which paper? chris burns would be a much welcome addition, adding beef to our o-line. they are the heart of the team. every team in every level of football is a reflection on their o-line so this signing will only help, and having Yo back will also be great!

ottawa citizen reported it