Yesterday's Meeting with Compass

I'm sure Compass Management is embarrassed and they should be. They have had two seasons to make improvements. During those two seasons, Management (changes constantly! :thdn: ) have repeatedly refused to implement proven systems suggested by what competent staff they DID have. Figuratively tying the hands of those dedicated people who stuck through impossibly trying and challenging working conditions. Their reward this year? Thanks for your interest in returning this season, but no thanks, WE can do it better (oh yeah, AND cheaper). Well, they sure proved that on June 9th, now didn't they? :?

Those tirelessly-working staffers (who continually covered Management's butts while they were out living it up :oops: ) did the best they could with what they were given, and that weren't much (little British slang :wink: ). Little or NO support is key to working for Compass.

Well, Compass good luck to you. You are so gonna need it. :smiley:

Bob and Mark, all the best to you and what will be a continual thorn in your side. Maybe the next contract will be negotiated to the benefit of all parties involved. If that happens, then maybe SOME of the cost cutting / savings that spills over to the fans/customers will cease somewhat and improvements will appear :lol: :stuck_out_tongue: :lol: :stuck_out_tongue: :roll:

P.S. I heard that Compass Management was bragging after the game Friday, about what a good job they did :lol: :lol: :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

NOW, they are embarrassed :?

In your 2 posts, roar_cat, you give me the impression that you are someone
who has inside knowledge on how the managers run things at the concessions
and how some experienced employees have felt frustrated and quit.

If true, your perspective is a valuable one to hear from.

However, the impact of your words is diminished when you attempt to be humorous
by saying far-fetched things about management such as…

Please protect your credibility by just “telling it like it is.”

I can vouch for EVERYTHING roar_cat has to say, trust me its all true, and humourus.

Thanks, Southside :stuck_out_tongue:

I think long and hard before I post anything. My comments in question will mean something to those it should. Unfortunately, the direct route falls on deaf ears. There was nothing far-fetched about the goings-on, or comments Compass Staff are and were subjected to.

I do, however, apologize for offending any true fans/customers out there. My total and complete frustration at the bad guys somewhat "winning" again, shone through.

we sympathize.

we also think compass does a pretty good argo impersonation... (ya know... THAT word.....) lol

working in retail i know what you mean about the whole, "covering management's collective rear" bit

a veritable lightning rod for blame... dont know why.... meh

Wanna know perhaps my biggest pet peeve?

When people come on to internet forums with no prior posts, refuse to give any idea who they are, and they speak about a topic with “inside” info.

Its obvious when a players family comes on here after they have been cut and make all of the comments about the coaching staff and management.

In this case its obvious to even the most uninformed person that some of these people making these posts are people that were let go by Compass and are upset about it. They are looking to pile on to the people that are upset but are season ticket holders disappointed in the service, a completely different motivation for it.

I WILL say this, it seems that there were some supervisors or management let go by compass over the offseason… well I hate to break it to those people, but the concessions (as bad as they were the other night) were not exactly perfect the past 2 years. There were lots of problems in that time period and not its simply become worse.

Do i blame these upset former employees? Not one bit… does it bug me that it seems like these people are using the anger of the Ticat fans to fuel their fire against their former employee? Very much so.

That's too bad you feel that way, Crash. I am a relative and close friend of some affected. I for one, was on the old forum, but came up with a nickname that I liked better. I do tend to read the posts more than adding my own posts. In this instance, I felt the need to speak up for those I care about.

Many, many of the people you are referring to are loyal, long-time fans. Yes, some are relatively newer fans (having relocated to Hamilton in recent years), but that doesn't diminish their enjoyment of the games, or loyalty to the team. These people loved working at the stadium and wanted to make it better experience for everyone involved. They worked very hard to do so, and were constantly faced with barriers and challenges by their employer. Yep, the last two years left alot to be desired, but Compass Management refused to allow positive change and improvements. Some of those staff worked for upwards of 12 seasons and were treated very badly in the end.

On the plus side, my friends and family can now not only go to away games, but home games too! Yaaaayyyy!!!!! :smiley:

Who said anything about being let go? I might be trying to find a new job... never said anything about being let go. And sorry I never posted before I only found out about this site recently.

So to continue the analogy, might Ticat management plant an embryo within the core of Compass, which will grow and eventually burst forth, establishing dominance over the food chain? :lol:

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now (or at least until that sausage I ate last week is no longer with me :wink: ). But at some point very early in the season it will be apparent whether their act can even be brought together, and I’ll want to see some drastic measures.

SOUNDS LIKE SOUR GRAPES TO ME.IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU HAVE A PERSONAL PROBLEM WITH COMPASS.YOU KNOW TOO MUCH INTIMET INFO.HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHO WORKING ARE FROM OTHER COMPASS LOCATIONS.AND WHAT IS YOUR POINT ABOUT THAT?ALMOST ALL SCHOOLS HIGH SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES CAFS ARE RUN BY COMPASS AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH UTILIZING THEIR SEASONAL STAFF TO WORK MORE THAN 1 VENUE.I WORK FOR COMPASS AT A COLLEGE AND THE STADIUM.WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT?SO, GROW UP AND GET OVER IT.

Relax! i dont think espo said anything that bad. if he dossnt think they will get better thats his oppinion.

I’ll guess “ALF”

There's a link for a picture of a beautiful and cuddly alien face hugger doll.... but it only works sometimes!
[url]

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue408/cool.html[/url]

Alternately- google 'alien face hugger' and this is the second entry- the third is a bobblehead.

[i]Alien Facehugger
Plush Replica

One of the creepiest concepts in science-fiction horror is transformed into a huggable soft and cuddly killer [/i]

Thanks for that Makaveli… glad to see i’ve got at least one character witness lol.

To Kimmy,
wow, didn’t know that recognizing staff from my highschool at games was ‘intimet’ knowledge of compass…
if you actually read my post you’d realize i said FOOD WISE THEY STUNK. the caf ladies were great, knew most of them by name (and vice versa)

and you’re right, i guess you could say i’m just posting out of sour grapes. I’m sour that the Stadium food is so expensive, and not all that great (often times worse than the caf food was)

I really dont know what your problem with me is exactly… there were others on here that completely bashed compass and anything associated with it… i merely stated the food wasn’t always good, and too expensive.

Later on I also sympathized with the employee (or ex employee) that complained about their management BECAUSE I HAVE WORKED IN RETAIL AND KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE.

I can only assume that you work for compass and are one of these managers who allegedly slacked something terrible because otherwise i can’t really understand your motivation for attacking my post as such… weird…

Many of us agree with Espo: "I'm sour that the Stadium food is so expensive, and not all that great (often times worse than the caf food was)"

So what if he recognized staff from other venues? I know some of those staff members personally. So Espo and I should grow up for recognizing these people? There was nothing immature in his post. He was stating a fact...maybe not a well-known fact, but a fact nonetheless.

There are many people on this forum who have shared their "intimate" knowledge of the Compass Operation. People spoke up for various reasons, but mostly because they were sick of the situation getting worse, not better. I spoke up for that reason, and also due to the unfair treatment of those close to me.

Free speech is still allowed in this country, is it not?

Keep speaking your opinion, Espo. It's your right, and it is appreciated! :rockin:

[i]roar_cat

Many of us agree with Espo: "I'm sour that the Stadium food is so expensive, and not all that great (often times worse than the caf food was)"

So what if he recognized staff from other venues? I know some of those staff members personally. So Espo and I should grow up for recognizing these people? There was nothing immature in his post. He was stating a fact...maybe not a well-known fact, but a fact nonetheless.

There are many people on this forum who have shared their "intimate" knowledge of the Compass Operation. People spoke up for various reasons, but mostly because they were sick of the situation getting worse, not better. I spoke up for that reason, and also due to the unfair treatment of those close to me.

Free speech is still allowed in this country, is it not?

Keep speaking your opinion, Espo. It's your right, and it is appreciated!
[/i]
You said it, :rockin: Roar_Cat...Can I hear an Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cowboy:

any news from the bob? lol.

really this is just an ellaborate bump.