Year of the Tiger (Cat) Perry Lefko

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2010/06/19/lefko_column_ticats/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... mn_ticats/[/url]

Year of the Tiger (Cat) Perry Lefko | June 19, 2010

A Great Reed from Lefko

now back to the Ticats' football team and Sunday's game. There's an air of confidence, which is not that everpresent aroma eminating from the steel mills, permeating the city. After four seasons of ineptitude, the Cats showed serious improvement last year in the first full season of head coach Marcel Bellefeuille. With the able assistance of venerable general manager Bob O'Billovich, the Cats had a 9-9 record and had a rare home playoff game.

Evidence of just how far the team has come was provided last Sunday in Toronto, where the team sat out several key players. When did the Cats become so good that they could rest various starters, including projected starting quarterback Kevin Glenn and Arland (Spiderman/Michael Jackson) Bruce, among others. Who do the Cats think they are, the Montreal Alouettes?

It says here the Tiger-Cats will finish first in the East this year. Yes, you read that correctly. This is one of Peerless Perry's Prognostications.

As for the ongoing stadium story, well, Deep Throw has just told me he likes my pick of Hamilton placing first in the East, but is adamant that one of either Young or Eisenberger will be flagged for objectionable conduct.

Stay tuned starting on Monday for the first of my team-by-team previews, my pick to win the Grey Cup, the Cup finalists, Most Outstanding Player, Top Canadian, Top Defensive Player, Top Offensive Lineman, Top Rookie, Top Special Teams Player and Coach of the Year.

Talk is for losers, the only thing that matters is action.

The team needs to focus on one thing at the moment and that is week nemero uno versus Winnipeg.

So the Cats are losers if Perry Lefko speaks well of them, eh Drexl?

The team needs to focus on one thing at the moment

and that is week nemero uno versus Winnipeg.

The Cats won't be spending time writing Perry's column, Drex,

They will be preparing for the season

just what you want them to do.

it says here the Tiger-Cats will finish first in the East this year.

Yes, you read that correctly. This is one of Peerless Perry's Prognostications.

As much as I would love the Tiger Cats to finish first,
if Young doesn't get his way on this stadium impasse,

what incentive is there for him to continue as the good caretaker,

losing millions annually operating out of Ivor Wynne Stadium?

He came to the financial rescue of the franchise after the 2003 season,
but there won't be anyone willing to step forward if he ups and leaves.

If I was the caretaker and I wasn't "getting
my way" on this monumentally important issue,

I would tell Scott Mitchell to tell Michael Fenn
to let the Mr. Fred Eisenberger, the Mayor, know

I will put the Tiger Cats up for sale immediately
if the Rheem site is the chosen site for the stadium.

Riddle me this, batman.

What eats crow, yells uncle, and tosses sponges?

Answer: Mayor Fred. :oops: :slight_smile: :smiley: :lol:

Lefko is partly right--the Cats are much imrpoved. But he's wrong that they'll beat out the Als. The Als are defending champs and they're pretty much intact from 2009 apart from Chiu and Sanchez.

An Argo-Cat fan

AS Much as I'd like to Agree with Lefko

Montreal is king of Mountain They'll have 13 to 15 Win Season Atleast

Hamilton won't be Far Behind with 10 to 12 wins.

Bombers will have 3 to 6 wins

The Argos I see maybe 2 to 3 Wins if that

I see another Crossover..

But this year We'll Win the Semi Final and Beat Montreal in Montreal in The Playoffs

History will Repeat as it always dose
We Will lose the Grey cup and win it the Following year Just like we did in 99

The article provides no bit of motivation at all, it helps motivate Montreal and plants a seed of lazyness in our team. It's just flattery, Perry trying to suck up to Hamilton fans.