Year end player award nominations predictions

With the season winding down I thought I would start a thread about who everybody thinks will garner the votes for the team awards as finalists for the League year end awards. Some of the choices are I think pretty obvious while others are a little more difficult and closer to judge and up to debate between who should be nominated to represent the Cats against the rest of the Eastern conference. Anyway my personal choices for each category are listed below and I'm sure that some will agree with my choices and others won't , so let's hear what everyone thinks and let's hear everyone's predictions.

[b]CFL AWARD NOMINEES.....Predictions.....

Outstanding Player......................Andy Fantuz
Outstanding Rookie.....................Brandon Revenberg
Outstanding O-Lineman.............Ryan Bomben
Outstanding Canadian................Andy Fantuz
Outstanding Defensive Player...Simoni Lawrence
Outstanding Special Team.........Brandon Banks
[/b]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who would you select instead in this category ? The only other 2 players I can think of who might be considered would be Fred Plesius and his league leading 23 ST Tackles or K/P Brett Maher who has had a pretty decent season replacing Medlock as the teams overall kicker. Like I said some choices are more obvious than others and easier to make.

Solid picks there, Bobo. I might add Freddy Plesius on the "Teams". The guy has been a beast and played well in Lawrence's spot in Ottawa. :smiley:

Pat Lynch( in Bobo we trust)

My picks

Outstanding Player......................Andy Fantuz
Outstanding Rookie.....................Brandon Revenberg
Outstanding O-Lineman.............Ryan Bomben
Outstanding Canadian................Andy Fantuz
Outstanding Defensive Player...John Chick
Outstanding Special Team.........Brett Maher

Great pick there on "D" with Chick. This is one of the categories when I said it would be a tough choice. I originally had picked Chick as my nominee but changed over to Lawrence at the last moment. There is no doubt though that whichever one of these two gets the nomination that both are more than worthy of merit for this award this season. The only other award where I think there is question is Specials between Banks , Maher and Plesius . The other four categories though I think are most likely locks for Fantuz , Bomben and Revenberg to be the Cats nominee winners and finalists for the team.

Yeah, I think Speedy B might be an outside pick. Not because of the suspension, but just because his numbers, and his play, seem to be down from previous years. I know some of his problems are due to ST performance in general, but I don't think he, personally, had an all-conference year.

IMO Maher or maybe Plesius deserves the nomination for 2016.

Player: Andy
Rookie: Revenberg
Lineman: Bomben
Offence: Tolliver
Defence: Chick/Simoni/Teddy
Canadian: Teddy
ST: Maher/Fredo

Andy has almost had a career year, so MOP. Revenberg is a no-brainer; some with Bomben on the O-Line. Offence was tricky - Andy could be there, but Tolliver has been more of an offensive threat as opposed to a possession receiver. Defence could be any of the three. I picked Teddy for MOC because Andy is already up for MOP. I agree that Speedy hasn't had the best year returning, but he has had very little blocking help this season, so either our P/K or ST tackling ace/Captain should get the nod.