Yay! we sign another BC reject instead of a quality NFL cut

Sascha Lancaster, a D-Lineman, saw duty with BC last year.

Why in the name of all creatures great and small is Obie continuing to bring in guys who tried out for/failed to stick with BC last year, instead of some guys who were among final cuts in the nfl recently. The NFL has a ton of teams, so you would think there would be tons of quality guys available to sign there. But all Tigertown gets are BC's rejects!

Thanks, Obie! Way to earn your big paycheque!

I vote for ticatsackattack for the new GM of the Cats! :lol:

I have no problem with the B.C. reject part.
Pretty awesome line to crack!
All that means is he at least is a known commodity.

Wanting only NFL rejects???
If he was with B.C. they might have gotten him as a NFL reject. Does that matter anyways?

My concern is that he is 29 years old and has not stuck anywhere.
Sounds a bit like a certain DE we had make the conversion from receiver in camp.
Sacha Lancaster played fullback in his senior college season.

How many bc reject do the cats have? Tre Smith for sure but can someone list them. It doesnt mean there is anything wrong with them but I am curious now.

Bo Smith and maybe Knowlton if the trade counts.

Obie is a fabulous resource. [see below]

It's not all about spotting talent and making a 'cold call.'

Obviously, when these 'rejects' tried out in B.C.
they lost out to someone at their position

who was more experienced or better at that time,

but they may have been better then than the players
we have playing their position on our team now

or they may have gotten experience and improved

P.S.

Obie has been in player personnel the last 8 or 9 years
with Wally's successful teams in Calgary and B.C.

He has built negotiation lists of player that he has scouted
and thought highly of and has communicated with for years

I am not talking of a computer data base.

These are guys and their agents that
he's been IN COMMUNICATION WITH

and he has continually evaluated
their progress over those years.

With only 35 names on that list these players
have to be darn good to be on that list.

every player in the league has been cut from somewhere or they wouldnt be in the cfl. I guess the canadian players that never got an nfl sniff may be different but every import was either cut or completedly overlooked by the nfl. If obie came from bc and has seen and knows the players that have come through there the last however many years I have no problem with that.
Its just the way they find talent out there that amazes me. I hope obie can set things up that same way, use that same system.......whatever it is its working. cam wake will probably be replaced(when he goes nfl) with another de that is better than anything weve been able to find in a few years. Gotta be something with the way the cats do things that just isnt working. coaches, players, gms.......same results all round.

Seeing how he would of had a part in putting BC's scouting system together...I can't see why we wont be able to do it here.

sack: Maybe we should see what Sasha Lancaster he can do for us first before slagging him and Obie.

All I can say about that is that every free agent ex-BC guy who Obie brought into training camp to improve the roster this year did zip. Dennis Mitchell, Matt Griebel, Bo Smith, Troy Collins, Josh Boden, etcetera...what impact have they had in Hamilton? I'm not impressed.

Plus, Lancaster is only about 250lbs, and we clearly need DL's who are bigger. That has been the problem with the D-Line all year long!

Obie really likes BC rejects, plus he may be a really nice guy. :roll:

All I can say about that is that every free agent ex-BC guy who Obie brought into training camp to improve the roster this year did zip. Dennis Mitchell, Matt Griebel, Bo Smith, Troy Collins, Josh Boden, etcetera...what impact have they had in Hamilton? I'm not impressed.

Plus, Lancaster is only about 250lbs, and we clearly need DL's who are bigger. That has been the problem with the D-Line all year long!
[/quote]
Cameron Wake
6"3"
241 He can play a bit!!!
I think I would take him and his skinny 241 lbs frame on our team!!!

Don't judge him just because he's a B.C. cut. My Als picked up Keron Williams this offseason after Calgary cut him, and he's done pretty well on our D-line.

Sask. Riders won a Grey Cup with mostly Ticat rejects. Doing pretty well with them this year as well.

for once it would be great if people on these forums-especially the fans of the tiger-cats would let football ops do their friggin' jobs. alot of you seem to think you have more knowledge than a person who's been doing it for 20+ years.it's cool to have your own opinion because that's what this forum is all about but when you start talking like your way is the proper course of action-that's where you tend to venture off into a fantasy world. people this is what teams do-they sign castoffs from other teams.until you've been there to see this guy lancaster play, you should probably reserve your comments and let the football minds pass judgment on him. what's wrong with getting beat out for a position by a stud like cam wake or aaron hunt or tyrone williams or brent johnson?

city legend

He was a starter and put up pretty big numbers in BC I wouldn't class him in the rejects section we hadd to give up our late 1st rounder for him.

Markeith Knowlton is probably the only acquisition other than Chris Thompson and newly acquired Kenton Keith that I have actually liked OBIE for making LOL.

I agree wholeheartedly with that, beetlejuice.

Its just the way they find talent out there that amazes me.
I believe that the "they' that you are referring to is Obie, beetlejuice.
I hope obie can set things up that same way, use that same system.......whatever it is its working.
I am pretty sure Obie brought his toolbox with him and his memory bank of his neg list players from B.C.

P.S. If B.C. drops a name from their neg list,

Obie has and will pounce right on that player
if he is a superior one who fits our needs.

cam wake will probably be replaced(when he goes nfl) with another de that is better than anything weve been able to find in a few years.
If Roy Shivers can do this, more power to him.
Gotta be something with the way the cats do things that just isnt working. coaches, players, gms.......

same results all round.

Obie has only been here 12 games.

It took Obie, Wally as G.M and
the coaches in B.C a few years.

Never fear, give him a year or two.

Oh for pete's sake So he's a reject big deal, how would you like Mr. Lancaster to crack the Lions Defensive line with guys like Brent Johnson, Cameron Wake, Aaron Hunt, and Tyrone Williams

Sorry but I don't agree the braintrust has done thier jobs properly. The required and quality of talent was not envited to TR and so there lies the problem. As a season ticket holder I have a vested interest in this team. As far a my opinions - they are important and most certantly will be voiced when I deem appropriate. So with that being said - Rambo - OBie are NOT doing their jobs.

Name three quality players recently signed who have made an immediate impact on this team. Good luck with the list...........................becuase there has been NOBODY

Often you don't hear the story of how a player got to where he is. This Lancaster guy never played in BC . He was a training camp scratch after being highly touted by our scouts . This was after Wilson left for the Redskins and there was this big hole to fill . He was being penciled in already proir to TC as a starter that year but failed to show up , thus we ended up settling on an unknown ( but very athletic) player who showed promise named Derek Wake , who later became Cam Wake . We never found out if lancaster was any good or not , now maybe you guys can determine that . The guy seeme to have a following over in NFL Europe at the time with his own fan club for what that was worth . Ya believe it or not ,this guy was ahead of Wake in the scouting reports back then .

As for other teams cuts did you guys not cut a guy named Oneal Wilson ? Who also was cut a few other places as well ? Well we got him now and ya know , he's a pretty good reciever it seems . We cut a guy named Adam Nicholson because he dropped to many balls . Nicholson got signed by the Riders and came back to haunt us a game later playing great for the Riders against us . Then we got Wilson who played great for us too ... against you guys , one of his former teams too as well as last game vs the Argos. Funny how it works .
Sometimes players just need the right opportunity to shine .Just ask Kamau Pederson or Mike Pringle or even Cam Wake.