XFL done with no plans to return?

Everyone laid off with no plans to return including coaching staff.

3 down reported on the XFL announcement.
https://3downnation.com/2020/04/10/xfl-suspends-operations-lays-off-all-employees/

1 Like

What song should be used as the appropriate dirge now?

well, I for one am going to miss it. I was enjoying it.

3 Likes

Ooops.... did it start?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Does mostly farting around on a gridiron count?

I take it the Houston Roughnecks are the champs?

Forever undefeated :grinning:

1 Like

Them and the Atlantic Schooners should face off in a one game championship format to decide who the true undefeated team really is. The Schooners have been undefeated since the 80's

1 Like

Pretty much what I've been doing here around the house for the last 3 weeks. Literally....:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This year is special especially for you parents out there and hats off to you. You endured another winter of hibernation stank including especially from any kids, and now well, just before spring, there you reasy to open those windows yet they and you are at home with more of that hibernation smell plus now also those mysterious new odours in the car.

Spring cleaning starts this weekend for me and one room at a time this year.

That is one way to check if you might have the virus. Eat gassy foods and make sure you smell it every time you pass gas. If you cant, look out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Influenza by Todd Rundgren

1 Like

The league filed for bankruptcy, again now that is a surprise lol.
Mcmahon is far from being some sort of a business genius.

1 Like

The guy is worth $1.9 Billion,
I would say he has made some pretty good business moves

Well, Trump is worth $2.1B so I would question net worth when determining business acumen.

2 Likes

So money is not necessarily a sign of intelligence or even common sense?:wink:

3 Likes

...not necessarily a sign, but conversely I don’t see complete idiots (not just people you disagree with, I’m talking literal low IQs here) walking around with billions in the bank...

1 Like

A genius promoter...of wrestling...or whatever he calls the crap he now passes off as wrestling. A dismal failure at almost every other enterprise he tries.

1 Like

Yeah; sometimes genius can be limited to a specific pursuit / industry. McMahon obviously knows - or knew - how to keep his wrestling empire thriving. It doesn't mean he's brilliant at anything else.

2 Likes

IMO there are two factors in the demise of the XFL that are totally outside their control ... being unable to complete their season took away any chance to build any degree of fan loyalty ... and ... the drop in WWE stock (from $99.25 just shy of a year ago to $37.46 yesterday) ... WWE owned 23.5% of the XFL, McMahon the rest ... both needed to re-focus on their core business and investing in a speculative venture like the XFL was just not feasible in the current circumstances.

2 Likes