XFL Begins Feb 8

He would be a good replacement for Addison.

Sergio Castillo appears as though he will start his XFL season as the Kicker & Punter. Talk about taking a page straight outa the CFL.
The XFL seasons end lines up perfectly with the start of CFL pre & Training camp activities.
I could see him on a CFL roster and in training camp. Provided no injuries or a completely awful break down.
During that era of NFLE there were a good amount of kickers who double dipped.
As did other position players.

Five hundred million? A half billion? Either Vince missed a decimal place somewhere, or that wrestling business is the goose that lays golden eggs?

Rule changes look interesting.

Here’s the article wear I got the number from.

He sold $272 million in WWE stock just to be able to launch the league

Forbes has him at a net worth of 2.5 B

My goodness - that was only 10% of his WWE stock!

Boy oh boy, you gotta admire the guy’s commitment. Or maybe that should be guy should be committed? Half a billion would probably buy the whole CFL, or half the stadiums. That is serious money.

Well with that type of money invested I guess that there’s no backing out now for good old Vince !!!:o

1 Like

The Wrestling business is laying Golden Eggs.
Among some things is I beleive that he has a new TV contract with Fox for his wrestling entities.
Im not positive of this this mind you.
If it is true it could be why Fox has chosen to broadcast XFL games producing games on Fox sports dime.
As apparently Wrestling stiil gets very good Ratings.

1 Like

Well looking thru the team rosters I have to admit that there is some very colourful and interesting names to watch .

Unlike the original incarnation of this league though where you had made up names and nicknames on some players jerseys (who could forget the ever infamous “HE HATE ME” ? ) these are actual names of players and below I’ve compiled in no particular order my top 15 favourite names that caught my eye .
;D
Jazz Ferguson - Dallas
Willie Beavers - Dallas
Scooby Wright - D C
Cole Boozer - D C
Logan Tuley-Tillman - D C
Tracy Sprinkles - D C
Juwan Bushell-Beatty - Houston
Willie Mays - LA
Storm Norton - LA
Boogie Roberts - LA
Bummi Rotimi jr - NY
Damica Mama - NY
Gimel President - St.L
Cam Clear - Seattle
Ike Spearman - TB

Didn’t the blew team have a guy named Poop last season?

The TiCats had Jack Bighead on their 1956 team .

Pat Lynch (the aged one)

Pat, was that the guy whose head was so big they couldn’t find a helmet big enough to fit him? Or am I thinking of Vernon Vanoy?

Vernon Vanoy was the rush end with the Argos . I seem to recall Mike Blum, the old Argo and Cat LB,

describing Vanoy as an “undertaker” at 6’8" 275 . He was a NY Giant draft pick in 1969 who chose to

sign with the Argos .

The name of the OTackle that was at TCamp in St. Catharines has escaped me but I believe our QB

was Matty Dunigan and the year was his last, 1996 . I do recall seeing this very large tackle on the

sidelines at camp . He had no helmet but had one the year before ,in the CFL expansion in the states

in 1995 . He was a TC pick in the dispersion draft . I believe he was released without having played a

game for the Cats.

Pat Lynch (the old guy with the fading memory)

Your Grey Cells are still sharp enough to recall the Vanoy connection. I thought it might have been an Argo story, but wasn’t sure. To all Bigheads and just plain Big Heads, keep those facts coming!!!

On behalf of my brain cell , I thank you Ramrod .

Pat Lynch (the elderly dude)

The XFL starts this Saturday with a double header at 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM . Sunday has the same

format on ABC and TSN 3 .

Pat Lynch (it beats darts, soccer, and pro wrestling)

I’ll PVR it on TSN and watch it later. :wink:

Incorrect, especially given the League’s owner…

I’m glad it starts early in the day; I’ve plans that night but have talked to folks consulting for the XFL and am very curious to how this will all play out.