Xavier Fulton re-signs with TiCats

Murray McCormickVerified account
?@murraylp

Free-agent news: Offensive tackle Xavier Fulton has re-signed with #tigercats. Was traded by #riders to Hamilton during 16 #CFL season.

2 year contract. :thup:
Looks like our O line is set

[url=http://3downnation.com/2017/02/07/ticats-agree-terms-offensive-lineman-xavier-fulton/]http://3downnation.com/2017/02/07/ticat ... er-fulton/[/url]

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with offensive tackle Xavier Fulton, per CFL sources."

"By re-signing Fulton, the Ticats now have plenty of veteran American depth on the offensive line, where they have started two internationals for several seasons. In addition to Fulton, Hamilton also has Jake Olson (who missed last season with a torn patella), Jeremy Lewis and Brian Simmons under contract for next season. The team also has the option of playing four Canadians up front with either veteran Ryan Bomben or second-year man Brandon Revenberg sliding out to the right tackle spot."

Great news! He's one of the best Tackles in the CFL.

Great news! Had the opportunity to chat with Mr. Fulton at one of the Grey Cup events in Toronto - he mentioned that he was happy to be here and looked forward to re-signing. Talented football player, nice guy, and class act.

Love this signing !!! Great news !!! Our line this year with the X-Man back and hopefully a fully recovered healthy Olson set at the Tackle positions and an interior starting 3 of Bomben and Revenberg at Guard and Filer at center would barring any unforeseen injuries or setbacks appears set. Throw in Rice and Girard as capable interior reserves inside and either Lewis or Simmons as the reserve Tackle and things are suddenly looking up in the protection department this year. As you might have noticed I didn't include Dyakowski in the equation , unfortunately I think that Peter will have a difficult time making the squad this year . As much as I love "Canada's Smartest Person" I think that Peter's days as a productive starter are in the rear view mirror and it maybe time for the team to move on without him much like it did a few years back with another long time vet when the team had to say good-bye to Marwan Hage .

If all remain healthy this projected O-Line has the potential to be one of the best if not the best in the league this season. :smiley: :rockin:
starters
LT.........Jake Olson
LG.......Brandon Revenberg
C.........Mike Filer
RG......Ryan Bomben
RT.......Xavier Fulton

reserves
G/T......Landon Rice
C/G......Mathieu Girard
OT........Jeremy Lewis or Brian Simmons

I wouldn't count Peter Dyakowski out just yet. Canadian Oline depth is a nice problem to have and there are a couple of Cdn Oline free agents still looking for work. The more ratio flexibility you have, the better your injury insurance is. :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the oldguy)