WYNN BRUTAL AS QB, AUSTIN WORSE AS OC

cuckooing, on RedandWhite, lost of 20 yards and a first down.

and be good, or I'll call on a game misconduct.

A trator to the Union??? Have you been on the bottle or something? R&W makes a good point.

not the Canadian union, YOU know what I'm talking about.

At least I got you guys on me, not Papa.

[quote="KKBBEPTRBC"]not the Canadian union, YOU know what I'm talking about.

Nope , you're not making any sense at all.

of course he isnt....

And for some of you other Bomber fans who are trying carry on an intelligent conversation . I meant if Glenn was in Wynn's shoes , as in , he was the one who got sent to TO and had to step in as Wynn did with a new team , new playbook , first start tonight , would he have been better?
Glenn has been with his team for a lot longer. Everything was new for Wynn and his OC's no good. p-zoola makes an apples to oranges comparison.

NO, PE, NOT YOU TOO!!!

here’s a hint, Pennw, I was a former KGB agent.

And your cover is playing stupid… hmm , very brilliant. :wink:

you know i really hope the same thing happens that did last year when the bombers smoked the cocky lions. but not the repeat of when they went back to B.C place :wink:

LOL

Toronto’s O-line didn’t play well???

So what, I thought anybody can beat the lowly, last place Bombers.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

why didnt the argos use play action this game?..i didnt see it once.

toronto has the same problem they had last year…they dont take EVERY game seriously.

Indecisive QB + Dropped Passes + Porous O-Line + Stupid penalties = Defeat
Prefontaine played great however.
Bombers definitely wanted it more.

Damon was interviewed by Chris and Glen and was asked if screen passes were in the playbook. Damon said no and that is all you need to know about Kent Austin.
NO screen passes.
Yesterday, no misdirection, the play action DG mentions, what about motion?
I had a better play book when I was a high school QB?

…who cares… :lol: we’ll fix the leos up to…

last time i checked kent austin was one of the better offensive coordnaters in the league. Glenn has mike gibson lol. and just because hes in the same jersey doesnt mean crap. theres 12 new starters on the team, we still need to gel. our offensive coordnator isnt as good as austin, and Glenn has an entirely new scheme he has to learn. sure its not the same, but its not like its the same guys with the same scheme for Glenn either. so yes, he did do better in a similar situation. montreal blitzed him like crazy, managed to stay in the lead for 3/4 of the game. then penalties and interecptions took over.

When I wrote the thread about Spergon Wynn being very impressive last week when playing at home against Hamilton, I was fully prepared to speak about him not playing well in his first start for Toronto in Winnipeg. As is the case with any young quarterback, there are growing pains and some poorer efforts than others. We'll just have to see if he shows improvement over the span of games he plays before the return of Damon Allen.
Last week, Hamilton had no pass rush to speak of, and this week Winnipeg sacked Spergon Wynn six times. This could be due to a combination of factors, a strong pass rush by the Blue Bombers, Spergon himself holding the ball too long, great coverage by the linebackers and secondary, poor play by the Argos offensive line, or a bad game plan installed by the Offensive Coordinator. You can't give a young quarterback too much to do that at this point in his career he may not be capable of doing. You learn things by doing and gradually, not all at once. He should be fine if he takes something away from this game, and treats it as a learning experience.

I have to admit, that was a good one, Pennw :thup:

Agreed. You(the OC) has to work with what he has and adapt a scheme to fit the ability or lack thereof of your QB.
Then and after the first half when it was evident the O-line was getting beat up with the great rush of the D-line, THATS when adjustments were necessary. By getting Wynn out of the drop back passing mode, with roll outs,misdirection, motions, swing passes. Throw in the odd trick play? Let's get creative and to include Ricky.
I am very disappointed into the lack of such changes/adjustments.

James.. last time you checked Austin was one of the better OC's? And just how did you "check" last time? I suspect you checked nothing actually.
Austin has been critized lots in the past and many are of the opinion that he's fortunate to have an offence with talented players to compensate for his shortcomings. Not to mention special teams have been their strong point , they've had good field positon most of times , to start drives .

The Argos have a had some very good players on offence , a very good group of receivers and an allstar QB , you ever heard of Damon Allen , James? Those guys made Austin look good. Considering the talented group they've had together for the last few years they've under achieved on offence. And that is the OC's fault , sorry to burst your bubble.