Wrong Call ... 100% .. No Doubt About it !!!

Ideally, every penalty should be called every time, but no way can we expect the refs to see everything, even if they put 20 refs on the field.

I disagree with letting PI pass if the ball is uncatchable. Someone still broke a rule and thus there should still be a penalty

:roll:

An uncatchable ball should be a 10 yarder rather than point of foul, but I agree a penalty should still be called.

Glen Johnson,#CFL VP officiating on flag that cost #Ticats #GreyCup: “It’s definitely a judgement call.?

and the correct judgement was made

the way I see it and I believe the way it is/was (this years been silly with the holding penalties) if its a run to the right side and the far wr to the left is holding* you don’t call it

*as long as that wr isnt holding the whole play.

look at punts. theres a fair bit of holding allowed initially by the return team until Ref yells out “balls away” or “let them go”. after that point its going to be called

well there it is. lets just end this thread now.

it was a bad judgement call

They call to the players on a punt to let them know the ball is in the air and the O is now on D and vice versa. Really, take the time to understand the rules and procedures before you open your mouth and you’ll save yourself the bad taste of your own shoes.

Um…no. No it wasn’t.

Sounds like a little “Oskie Wah, wah” to me.

Look, you’re entitled to your opinion but it doesn’t make you right. In this case it puts you in a distinct and tiny minority as most fans and pundits think it was the correct call. Heck, even Glen Suitor, an ex-player who HATES officials said it was good.

What lost the game for the Tabbies? Red zone problems and kicking a FG when there was two minutes left instead of gambling. Even if they didn’t make the first down they’d have the Stamps deep in their own zone and anything could have happened. Even after getting the FG they still needed a major!

Hamilton lost that game on their own…sorry if you can’t accept that.

The visual proof - the call HAD TO BE made.

The instant just before the Calgary player gets pushed in the back

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1908206_10203704992038584_1184487339973397781_n.jpg?oh=c0b54c976d9665d887e64be1509ff403&oe=54D426D8

Here part way through the push and the Calgary player within just 1.5 - 2 yards of Banks. You can also see the position of the official who made the call. Sorry fellow Cats fans - the ref ABSOLUTELY got this right.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1525293_10203704991998583_6481898693066439486_n.jpg?oh=36c75729c1013d8f877440b1e5bfbdac&oe=550341F4&__gda__=1427578495_b169b7d9920fb84a7b91f0744604d509

The perception of the angle is terrible and looks like a NO YARDS CALL should have been thrown also !

That would have been the BEST Non Call in Grey Cup History :thup:

maybe a little wah wah

having Glen say its a judgement call gives the minority side some fuel.

CGY player wasn’t in position to make the tackle. ref made the wrong judgement on that play.

that’s pretty good picture. he was closer than I thought

Closer than I tbought as well.

The play that never happened, would have been one of the Best Grey Cups in History now its not ! to have a ref decide the outcome of a game in any sport is not what fans want to see :thdn:

still not close enough to make a play though

And yesterday, it’s not what they saw. No matter how many times you post.

And there is where you are confused, it’s not a judgement call.

How is the ref deciding the outcome when a player makes a boneheaded decision to break the rules?

What fantasy land are you people living in?

At the time I thought the player's reaction was out of proportion to the amount of contact. Now he even admitted that he exaggerated the contact. In other words, he flopped. In soccer, HE'd be the one getting a penalty.

It is a judgement call. Even though the rule says there should be a flag, officials are trained to ignore illegal blocks that do not affect the outcome of the play. It was not a clip (clipping is hitting a player in the back of the legs, not between the shoulder blades.) It was simply an "illegal block".

I've seen a lot less get called, and I've seen a lot more get ignored. It is a judgement call by the official. I don't agree with it, but a judgement call can't be considered "right" or "wrong". That's why they can't be challenged. (Except last week when Higgins challenged the official's judgement call that the ball was uncatchable and a pass interference penalty was assessed against Delvin Breaux.)

So let's call a penalty every time someone grabs a jersey, or puts a toe across the line of scrimmage on their waggle, or hand fights on a pass route. Then when a CFL game consists of nothing but five and a half hours of watching officials march up and down the field, we can at last be grateful that we finally have the CFL game we always wanted.

If Hamilton had played in the first half, we wouldn't even be talking about this, because they would not have needed that touchdown to win. But as it is, that touchdown, if it stood, would have been the undisputed greatest finish in Grey Cup history.