WPG OC Marcel Bellefeuille Fired

Or, rather not fired, but his contract was "not renewed".

WINNIPEG - Marcel Bellefeuille is out as offensive co-ordinator of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

The CFL team said Tuesday that it would not renew his contract for the 2016 season.

"I spoke with Marcel this morning and informed him of my decision," head coach Mike O'Shea said in a release. "As I've said before, those conversations are not easy to have but we needed to move in a different direction, and we will immediately begin the search for a new offensive co-ordinator."

The Blue Bombers finished fourth in the West Division with a 5-13 record, missing the playoffs for a fourth straight year.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/bombers-won-t-renew-offensive-co-ordinator-bellefeuille-s-contract-1.391435]http://www.tsn.ca/bombers-won-t-renew-o ... t-1.391435[/url]

Good move by the Bombers, who's offense has struggled under MB's control. Pick up a new OC, and some new offensive players, and maybe you can do what Ottawa did this year (offensively). :thup:

Should have been done last year already. Hopefully they get someone with a better offensive imagination and playbook. Look at what JAson Mass did for the RedBlacks. The Bombers could change things overnight with a quality OC. MAybe even bring back PAul Lapolice as he was just a scape goat a few years ago when Joe Mack canned him to save his own butt temporarily. Total nonsense, head coach takes you to the Grey Cup the year before and you can him half way through the next season? He deserves time to turn the ship around which they seemed to be doing at the time they canned him. Then implosion for the rest of the season.

I think O’Shea has one more year to prove himself though, otherwise he’s on his way out too if they pull another lemon next year. Despite how it looks though, the Bombers had game most of the season. They choked in a few critical situations in close games and got an extremely bad call late in the Edmonton game at home. A few balls bouncing their way they could have been facing Calgary themselves instead of BC.

I think it's understood by everyone that o'shea will be gone if the bombers don't have a successful 2016.

Lapo is not the answer, IMO.

I would agree on LaPo. Lawless is really pushing the idea but I have no idea why. His offense didn't exactly light up other teams when he was here the first time and he couldn't bring along a backup QB despite knowing he'd need one with Buck as the #1 QB. A lot of that is attributed to Joe Mack but I think LaPo shares some responsibility in that. And you have to keep in mind the first part of what you said - O'Shea is on thin ice. So if we hire LaPo as OC, there's a pretty good likelihood that if things don't get better that he gets promoted to HC to replace O'Shea and I don't want to go back to that again either. And with everyone knowing O'Shea is on thin ice, does that make it easier to hire someone that maybe hopes to take over as HC or do some candidates avoid the job, preferring to wait until there's a purge?

[/quote]
I would agree on LaPo. Lawless is really pushing the idea but I have no idea why. His offense didn't exactly light up other teams when he was here the first time and he couldn't bring along a backup QB despite knowing he'd need one with Buck as the #1 QB. A lot of that is attributed to Joe Mack but I think LaPo shares some responsibility in that. And you have to keep in mind the first part of what you said - O'Shea is on thin ice. So if we hire LaPo as OC, there's a pretty good likelihood that if things don't get better that he gets promoted to HC to replace O'Shea and I don't want to go back to that again either. And with everyone knowing O'Shea is on thin ice, does that make it easier to hire someone that maybe hopes to take over as HC or do some candidates avoid the job, preferring to wait until there's a purge?
[/quote]
With Buck "patch up me up" again Pierce at QB? Lapo had no stability at QB ever really. In 2011 when they did go to the cup Bucky was still mediocre at best the one year he was not in the injury ward constantly. Hard to make filet mignon with chopped liver with some of the stiffs he had elsewhere on offence too.

So are you saying run scared and wind up with the same crapola next season? Time for the Bombers to "buck" up and end being the sad sack outfit they have become. Lapo is certainly light years ahead of what Belfueille could ever be. Not saying Lapo is the answer absolutely, but I think he needs to be in the conversation.