Wpg @ Mtl Pre Season game #1

Apparently, Diamond Ferri has been released by the Alouettes; if so,not surprised. He was beaten on a few occasions,in last night game. The emergence of Ingram has most probably meant the end for Diamond.

Richard

Still think Hebert and Hunt will get cut ?

I never wrote that Hunt will be cut but that he could be a disappointment. I also wrote: "I could be 100% wrong."

With regards to Hebert, I did not think that he would be amongst the 42 dressed players. He could prove me wrong.

We will have a very good defence.

Richard

if what Herb is reporting re Boulay, Hebert may in fact be part of the 42 dressed.

Hebert will definitely be the starting safety,following the release of Etienne Boulay.

The 19 dressed imports should consist of:
5 DBs: Parker,Anderson,Brown,Seth Williams and Hebert.
4 LBs: Cox,Davis,and 2 amongst Ingram,Lockley and Restelli. Both Ingram and Restelli can play safety. Bear Woods could be on active roster.
4 DLs: Murrell and Hunt and 2 unknown. Can Lockley be a DE?
4 WRs: Richardson,Green,Bratton and London.
1 RB: Whitaker.
1 KR; Devine. Will also be the fifth receiver and replace Whitaker on occasions.

Richard

Was not trying to corner you, just wanted your opinion with the recent releases.

Cox could also play safety on some occasions.

The safety position will definitely be stronger than it has been.

Richard

That's true too... They could move Cox to safety, would clear the log jam at linebacker.

Il aurait fallu admettre qu’e McPherson a été pourri.

Not a chance. There is a logjam at linebacker, but no logjam at SAM linebacker. No one on the roster is as good as Chip at that SAM spot. He’ll stay where he is. He might see the occasional look at safety just to mess with enemy offenses, but I really doubt Reinebold will take him off the LOS permanently. Chip works best playing close to the LOS, tracking the ball down and delivering solid hits when he’s not covering the other team’s 5th receiver. Hebert isn’t good enough to play Cox’s position, but should make an effective safety.

On McPherson’s poor performance: it’s preseason. Completely pointless to evaluate. No veteran whose job is safe has anything to prove in preseason action. I remember Adrian struggling in preseason action a couple of years ago and Chris Leak looking like a world-beater. Where is Chris Leak now?

I can definitely see Cox at safety on 3-4 schemes.

Sure, in a 3-4, but not permanently.

In the program for the expos' golf event there was a one page spread by Mark Weightman and the alouettes. No Habs,no impact no nothing. People don't realize or appreciate this but the alouettes scored a major goal with their participation in the montreal baseball project. Off to Ballantyne park this morning in Dorval now to be renamed Gary Carter park.

Great news, 234! Thanks for the update1

I, too, hope to see the Expos back some day - miss them and miss baseball in Montreal!

J’en suis, et ce n’est pas le but de mon propos. Lorsqu’on est en caballe pour descendre un quart qui a excellé pour affirmer que son poulain est bien meilleur, il faut avoir l’intégrité d’admettre losque son propre poulain a frappé un mur. C’est une question de crédibilité.

Tout a fait d’accord avec toi, mais crois-tu vraiment qu’il va l’admettre? :slight_smile:

Would have been nice for Adrian to look sharp but that's what pre-season is for. Really the guys being evaluated were the receivers and running backs he was throwing to. I am sure he will look better tuesday with the vets playing.

Would have hoped that Adrian was better than his 1-7, 5 yards and 1INT especially given the reports of him having a good first week of camp.

Argos game gives him another chance to get back to what he is capable of doing.

Difficult to evaluate receivers, though, when the ball sails waaaay over their heads or into the arms of a defender, isn’t it? Unfortunately, some of them won’t be around next time.

Yeah 4sure.