Wow..Tigercats season is finished before it begins!!

We will prevail.

Ever heard of Kory Sheets. Why do you keep posting garbage ?

Has he come back as of yet? Only time wil l tell if he is the same player. I know from experience how bad a torn achilles is as I had surgery to repair mine 1 year ago tomorrow, and still am not at 100%.

Sheets had already come back from a torn AT and and had an all star season in the CFL. Right now he is trying to overcome a second AT on his other leg I believe, that is much less likely.

Hardly significant losses. Both could have contributed, sure, but really neither loss is insurmountable. Ticats have numbers at National Dline. Like others have said, biggest impact may be on their ability to trade one of them, like Gaydosh himself, for a pick in the upcoming draft. Also sucks for Gaydosh who I'm sure was hoping to get into the rotation and try make some film for himself and try get another NFL look.

As for Watt, exactly how much will he be missed? Fantuz remains their top National receiver. Watt was probably going to take Giguere's spot but that spot wasn't a feature spot on offense. Maybe it changes their approach at the draft and forces them to pick a receiver. I would've bet they were probably considering Demski anyways before Watt's injury, assuming he fell down to their draft slot.

As for their ratio, they could easily start 2 at DT, 1 LB, 1 DB, 1 WR/SB/FB, 3 OL. They would just need a back up and more depth at National receiver behind Fantuz. Frankly, losing both of these players is the least of their problems IMO. Biggest question is who takes Breaux's spot. I think I read they were working Brandon Stewart out at that spot which would make me shudder if I was a TiCat fan. You're basically taking a guy who was a bit of a weak link in the secondary and moving him over to try replace what was the strongest part.

Watt's loss likely won't affect us much. Just because Giguere started last year doesn't mean Watt would have started this year. Dyakowski was injured all last year, which led to us using an import at guard. His return means that Fantuz will likely be the only starting NI receiver.

And although Gaydosh played well last year, there's no way he was going to displace Laurent as the starter. Even Bulcke isn't going to be able to do that. Hall has the other starting DT spot locked up, with Norwood & Hickman at DE. At best, Gaydosh was going to be a rotational guy.

Thus, the OP's thread title is completely wrong, just like the bulk of his nonsense.

Did you miss the 2012 and 2013 seasons?

Matt Dunnigan recouvered from an achilles injury too.. However most football players are shown the door with this type of injury

Wrong on all fronts. Plenty of guys have returned from torn Achilles: Terrell Suggs and Michael Crabtree did so in the last couple of years. Dan Marino came back from one that happened in the mid-90s, when sports medicine wasn’t nearly as advanced as it is now. And those are just guys off the top of my head that haven’t been mentioned in the thread yet. But yeah, you’re right, no one ever returns from a torn Achilles.

And no, Gaydosh was not going to be a starter. Watt, probably, seeing as Hamilton has started two National receivers in both of Kent Austin’s seasons with the team, but Gaydosh was going to be a rotational player. Ted Laurent, Brian Bulcke and Bryan Hall (the first two being Nationals) were going to play ahead of him. The team also has Michael Atkinson, also a National, so the loss of Gaydosh is far from crippling. Losing Watt hurts, ratio wise, but the Cats have some pretty good Canadian depth, so it is not as bad as it could have been. Some lineup rejigging will have to take place, but it is not as bad as it would be for other teams.

So to wrap this up, everything you wrote above was completely wrong. Keep up the good work.

If the tendon is a complete rupture, rehab will take longer than a partial tear. If your a RB or a wideout it could be tough to get back to pre injury form. Those positions are all about speed and agility and losing even a half step is noticeable . Age is also a big factor. If guys properly rehab the injury they have a good chance of returning .

What the injuries mean is that Hamilton will have to shift its national starters around (to offset Watt's loss). Gaydosh wasn't going to be a starter, so less of an issue there, especially with the terrific depth the Cats have at national DL.

How could a first overal pick not be expected to be a starter?

thank god you are not a coach or a gm. :roll:

If you look at the last 5 years of the CFL Draft, you’ll notice how few First Round picks actually became starters for their team.

2014 Draft : Two starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_CFL_Draft#Round_one_2

2013 Draft : Two, maybe three starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_CFL_Draft#Round_one_2

2012 Draft : Three starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_CFL_Draft#Round_one_2

2011 Draft: Four starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_CFL_Draft#Round_one_2

2010 Draft : Two, maybe three starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_CFL_Draft#Round_one_2

As you can see, losing a player you picked in the first round can hurt, but chances are, your first-round pick isn’t even starting. Most of the Wide Receivers are still just 4th or 5th receivers, and it’s only really the O-Linemen and Rob Maver that have become highly valuable players for their teams.

That may have been the case a decade or more ago but todays sports medicine techniques are tilting the odds in a successful recovery. 15 years ago Rob Baggs injuries for example would have ended his career after tearing his left ACL twice and then his right. He came successfully came back and didn’t lose any of his speed.

O-linemen drafted in the first round have probably the highest chance of becoming starters. For every other position, it's a crapshoot. You certainly can't expect every first-rounder to be a starter.

I'd go further and say that if a rookie is starting for your team it is only because there was a major hole in the roster.

The other thing that strikes me is how many prospects with very marginal NFL interest are still willing to go down there and be mince meat after Muamba and Heenan have proven that starting a couple years in the CFL is your best opportunity at a meaningful NFL opportunity. Instead of arriving there behind Americans they arrive with the edge of playing pro ball for a couple years.

I suspect that their agents play a vital role in steering them to the NFL, even if there is little chance that they will make it right now. Also, with the money difference between the two leagues, players will take their chances with a .01% chance of making it in the NFL.