Wow Some Ottawa Councillors

Considering the title of this thread, this is a good place for these two parts of an editorial in today's paper. It gives a good idea of what we have to deal with.

[i]Councillors Clive Doucet and Alex Cullen took turns chiming in on the plan with all the predictability of two figures emerging from a cuckoo clock.

Cullen has own unique interpretation of the financial deal. To summarize, the city pays for everything and the private-sector guys get all the revenue. That bears little resemblance to the actual proposal, which directs the first 38 per cent of the revenue to the city. Cullen was undeterred by facts and kept quizzing Greenberg, city manager Kent Kirkpatrick and city auditor-general Alain Lalonde, hoping someone would support his analysis.

Doucet's arguments are familiar and don't bear repetition here. The councillor means well, but his continual distortion of the proposal didn't serve his cause.

One can't help but flash forward a year to the happy moment when neither man will be a member of council. If they keep their promises, Doucet will retire and Cullen will commit suicide-by-voter in an attempt to become mayor. It can't come a moment too soon.
/
Councillor Diane Deans had the most novel idea, suggesting that the south-side stands don't need to be rebuilt for now. It would be smarter to build half a stadium, she argued. Maybe they could play half a game and charge half-price, too.

Dean was still outshone by Councillor Christine Leadman. After seven and one-half hours of discussion, she asked, "Are we expected to endorse this today?"[/i]

We still on for 2013, Earl? :wink: Keep early July open...

I can’t believe that. That’s purely moronic. As you said, it has nothing to do with the discussion. Also, so what if there’s a crossover? Anyone who actually follows the league realizes that’s just the way it is.

Some of these councillors that voted no I could see not getting in next time based entirely on their own stupidity.

For sure CRF, we're still on, maybe earlier when everything is 100 percent finalized that it's a go. Hopefully!