Wow, Not sure if I ever heard of this

" On July 4, 2009, McNair was found dead from multiple gunshot wounds, along with the body of a 20-year-old woman named Sahel "Jenni" Kazemi, in a condominium rented by McNair in downtown Nashville. He was 36 years old.[33] Kazemi and McNair had been previously involved with each other romantically.[34][35] The day of the shooting, text messages between the pair were exchanged proclaiming their love to one another in which Kazemi texted the victim, "u love me" in which McNair replied, "I love you baby."[36] There was also a conversation about financial issues where McNair transferred $2,000 to Kazemi, who claimed she was "stressed" and needed to pay her phone bill. McNair then offered to come over to check on her after she said her chest felt heavy. The night of his death, McNair put his children to bed, then at 11:00 p.m. he texted Kazemi "On my way."[36] McNair, who was believed to have been asleep on the couch when the shooting occurred, was shot twice in the body and twice in the head, with only one of the shots coming from closer than three feet.[37][38][39] After killing him, Kazemi sat on the couch beside him and shot herself in the temple.[40] The bodies were discovered by McNair's friends Wayne Neely and Robert Gaddy, who called 911.[41] The Nashville police declared McNair's death a murder-suicide, with Kazemi as the perpetrator and McNair as the victim.[42][43] The 9mm gun used was found under Kazemi's body and later tests revealed "trace evidence of (gunpowder) residue on her left hand.[42] Kazemi had a worsening financial situation and also suspected that McNair was in another extramarital relationship.[44][42]"

While I dont very much respect some of his apparent personal decisions, I really liked him as a player.

2 Likes

Good click bait thread title.

Thank you. So kind of you to say so. It means so much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was big news . I'm sure you must have just forgotten it. He was a good QB who like many had a complicated life.
As the Danny O'Keefe classic goes:
"mess around you lose your wife
play too long you lose your life
good time Charlie's got the blues"

Harry Manx - Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues - YouTube