Would you try to put Holmes and Lumsden on at the same time?

We have 2 outstanding athletes at RB.

If you could get them both on the field at the same time more often it would be a double threat to the opposition.

I wouldn't make it a permanent move, but putting one of them at WR or SB every now and again would shake things up more.

I’d have them both on the field every play. Move Holmes to SB just like we moved Archie Amerson. Where is the downside

Totally agree!!! What's with platooning Holmes?
They could also both be in the backfield at the same time. It wouldn't allow the defence to key on one or the other. It would also open up the screen to either.

I agree AC. Out with Curry, in with Holmes.

I'd probably keep Curry in at slot or move him to wideout. What is he more nbaturally suited for?

I've got nothing against Curry, he's just done absolutely nothing all season long.

Whether Maas isn't looking for him or he isn't open is irrelevant. The point is, he isn't gtting the ball and neither is Holmes. IF I had to pick between the two, I'd prefer Holmes on the field.

WR McCants
SB Holmes
SB Ralph
WR Gardner
5th Curry, Bauman, Getzlaf, etc...

4 receivers
5 linemen
QB
1 Tailback

OK now the big question. A fullback who can catch better or one that blocks better? I say this is where we need the platoon. I believe Radlein can line up as a TE and be a more versatile player. He loses some in blocking but adds a lot as a receiving threat. Dickerson is a better blocker but until he shows something in a game the opposing defence can pretty much ignore him and it allows the Lbs to cover the SBs a lot more effectively. If he stays in the game we need to get him the ball once or twice a game. Just my opinion. Any thoughts?

re-I wouldn’t make it a permanent move, ---- :lol: I would, Isnt it a rule for successful teams , that the best Players are on the field. – The only question is whether lumsden needs a lead block ., But imho he could still bust big gains from the Fullback position, – My take on How to use Holmes / Lumsden combo is to develop a “spread” running attack (moving pocket)–with the Talent the Ticats have there are many options available, But whatever turns out to be the rite mix, it should include One of either Lumsden or Radlin Playing slot :rockin: :cowboy:

Now if we could only get the coach to listen.

re-re-I wouldn't make it a permanent move, ---- Laughing I would, Isnt it a rule for successful teams , that the best Players are on the field. -- The only question is whether lumsden needs a lead block ., But imho he could still bust big gains from the Fullback position, -- My take on How to use Holmes / Lumsden combo is to develop a "spread" running attack (moving pocket)--with the Talent the Ticats have there are many options available, But whatever turns out to be the rite mix, it should include One of either Lumsden or Radlin Playing slot Rockin! Cowboy----------- this could be a good set- Lumsden slot, Radlin TE ,Holmes tailback,Dickerson Fullback ???

I guess if Jo Jo is going to stay as special teams return man, and if you aren't going to use Holmes to return any kicks, then Holmes should be used full time on the offence, and make the move permanent.

Lumsden at SB doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Yes I would put them on the field together or I would trade Holmes. I think he is great but if there is no place for him…
I advocated this very thing before the season and predicted that they would play and Radlein would sit (and I took a lot of abuse here for suggesting it). I was right about Radlein (+1 for me!) but wrong about why he would sit (-1).
I just don’t understand what’s up with Holmes…it is baffling…

I would definatly move Ralph outside to solve his offside penalties problems and would put Holmes in as SB. I'm sure that there are many plays that could be run with those two backs that would make Defenses think. Don't use them tho' until after you've played Sasketchewan.

When you have two talented guys like Lumsden and Holmes, I can't for the life of me see why they both aren't on the field at the same time. Their styles complement each other really well. It's just another Taafe decision that puzzles me.

An Argo-Cat fan

I think the world of Holmes and Lumsden and think that Radlein is the quintessential blocking back.

I also cannot understand why we can't utilse all these guys effectively AND open the field up for our receivers.

Great topic, too bad the reality is you couch potatoes won't be making these moves.

Our beloved team is tanking (again)faster than the Titanic and we keep talking cheap.

Lets start asking the tough questions like when will the Ticats move out of Hamilton after the fan base shrivels again after ANOTHER losing season?

:cowboy:

I still beleive this team can do a complete 180 and put together a winning system. The talent is there.

Holmes is the best receiver we have, straight up.

Getting Corey is as starting SB and platoon RB for Jesse would only open up our passing game. LMAO

Not rocket science.

It is time for Taaffe to stop the "Holmes as Haskins II" ruminations and put it into effect.

Oski Wee Wee,

I've got a feeling that Holmes will steal the show from both Roberts and Lumsden come Friday night.