Would you bring back Adrian McPherson in 2013?

or the possibility of AC returning with the notion that AD gets in there for more than just short yardage and the odd game.

Im a CFL fan, but yes… overall my team is Edmonton.

McPherson over Nichols for next year… yes. Long term… No. Thats why i would have both. Nichols is 2-3 years away from being the next Star CFL QB. But Edmonton is in a bad situation. No matter who they sign: McPherson or Reilly. When in comes to the 2014 Ottawa E-Draft… They are going to select one of Edmonton’s QB’s. So Eskimo fans be prepared to lose a QB. As teams can only protect 1 QB on their roster.

I see Adrian McPherson in Ottawa in 2014.

:thup: Good Post.

Adrian McPherson would get around $80,000-$100,000 maybe more with bonuses. Starters money is around $100,000-$180,000+. In football its easy to overpaid because if he does not pan out, you can release him.

I would think McPherson would rather head to Edmonton over Winnipeg. While i think Reilly likely ends up in Winnipeg over Edmonton. Hamilton may also be a sleeper in the running for McPherson. While Quinton Porter could back up AC next year.

Got the perfect solution if AC ever finally packs it in
I said “if”
Considering how hard it is to find a CFL quarterback these days:

[url=http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/Damon+Allen+calls+perfect+Argos/7586022/story.html]http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/f ... story.html[/url]

Apparently Damon Allen still wants to play
He say he’s Ready to Go

Woooeee Jimmy boy
Get that guy on the line

:cowboy:

Yup

AC is making over $400,000

[url=http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2012/01/15/cfl-quarterback-salaries/]http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2012/01/15/ ... -salaries/[/url]

In football its easy to overpaid because
If that sinkhole don’t pan out
Let it suck you 'til you run dry

Again
and
Again
and
Again…

[i]Senior’s brain has left the building!!!

So Senior, you’re saying that the guys in this forum had their “hands on the wheel” and they chose Calvillo over McPherson? You’re saying that because of the forum posters’ choice, the Alouettes management actually listened and played Calvillo?

Madjack, D&P, HFXTC, Chuggy, 234ever, JOhnny and all the other dudes have the power to chose the Alouettes starting quarterback?

If this was true, Johnny would have gotten most of the Alouettes’ coaches fired this season :lol:

This assertion of yours is even more looney than your conspiracy theory that “high up forces” are conspiring to keep McPherson down :roll:

[/i]

Next thing I want to hear about the Alouettes
Is Calvillo announcing his intentions.

Whether he intends to honour the team
That took him from humble beginnings
To the man he is today
By either hammering out a deal…
Where he takes a salary/playing-time cut
And gracefully enables the succession at quarterback on this team
Or announces his retirement pour-de bon

Or whether he intends to continue to lead this team further
Down this road of failure and mediocrity
Losing the best chance for the future in the bargain
And ultimately to the Alouettes’ demise.

In a way I suppose he might believe it’s his right.
After all
He brought this team back into the world
He can darnwell take it out.

I dunno
I’ve been an Alouettes fan
For a long time
Well before Anthony Calvillo
And will
Well after he’s gone

In the name of Johnny Rodgers, Peter Dala Riva, Sonny Wade, Dickie Harris, Randy Rhino, Glen Weir and of course…Junior Ah You…and so many more…
I call on Anthony Calvillo to do the right thing.

Said my piece for now…

In the name of Conciseness, please stop Senior. We get the message: You don’t like the QB who is the all-time pro passing leader, holds many CFL passing records and who’s won 3 Grey Cups.

What’s that? Buy an electric car? Take dancing lessons with his wife? Floss after meals?

But retirement? Most Als fans would welcome him back. :thup:

Finally...

For those with an inate propensity
For delusion
"Grandeur-esque" or whatever...

No one is suggesting that
Anyone on this forum
Has the power or influence to make the hard decisions
About who gets to start at quarterback
Or anything else.

But we've all seen athletes influenced by bad press
Waiver in the face of public opinion
Trestman and Calvillo are obviously no exception.

I'm sure that even the most adle-minded among us
Can imaging what an united effort
On the part of the members of this board
Might have meant
In securing some playing time for Adrian McPherson
And in avoiding what now seems to inevitably be
A disastrous calamity

I say again that those who leant the weight of their "voices"
And those who consistently led them
In the entirely wrong direction
Will have a lot ot explaining to do
Once the dust settles
And this is all played out.

Man the time you waste having to explain things to crazy people

You have just summarized, in one nice, short sentence, what it has been like to deal with you every time you post. :wink:

....I believe, IF Calvillo returns and McPherson being an fa, the Als. will be hard pressed to keep him.... IF he gets a decent offer from another club AND a promise he'll get every chance to start, he could leave....If I were him, I would want some hard fast answers on just when I'm going to get some decent playing time or the starters role in Mont....Failing that, I think my eye starts to look elsewhere to continue my career :wink: He must be getting awfully tired of waiting in the wings..

that did not last very long !

Many fans are acting like we'd be committing a grave injustice not anointing McPherson as the starter in 2013. But what has he done to earn that position? Outside of one drive in the first quarter, he was awful in his one start of the season, and hasn't looked stellar outside of short-yardage situations for a few years now.

While he could become a free agent, I don't expect Teams in a hurry to sign him. What has he done to deserve starter's money? Nothing. If a Team other than the Als sign him, it will be on the understanding that he will have to compete for a starting position.

Richard

[i]OH!!! Poor Senior the genius. He gotta explain things to crazy dumb guys like Johnny. Johnny don’t have your genius book smarts, but in this post of yours, you say one thing, then you say just about the opposite! But again, Johnny is too obtuse to straddle around in the heightened intellectual plains of Senior ah me.

Senior the genius… Reminds me of this other genius in another genus:

http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/chimp.jpg

[/i]

He made Senior ah me fall in love with him :wink:

:lol: Clearly.

I'm concerned about next year.

AC's won the Cups, he'd have been 2012 passing leader had he played the last regular game, and he's got the records. He plays for himself now. Even though he had a good year, the EF might leave a bitter taster taste which may sway him to retire.

The Als have been grooming McPherson to replace AC. They are loyal to the backups who wait in the wings, and give them their chance. I therefore expect that they will make him starting QB if AC retires.

I love McPherson's style and I think he could potentially become a top name in the CFL. Unfortunately, he has not shown much in the last 2 years: After a while, potential has to bear fruit and I don't think it has. And Neiswander, although he has shown good potential, has not been around long enough to suggest he could effectively start.

So if AC retires, I'm concerned about the QB position.

The best scenario is that AC comes back for a year, and that McPherson finds a starting position elsewhere. At the same time, the Als fast track Neiswander or someone else.