Would you bring back Adrian McPherson in 2013?

Would you bring back QB Adrian McPherson in 2013? And what do you think the Alouettes will do?

Lets here your thoughts.

believe the question really should read :

Will McPherson want to re sign with the Als.

After the number of years here and knowing Trestman's complex system, not sure the Als would want to bring in another QB at this point. Mind you, if AC decides he is done, then the Als could be on the market for another QB.

IMO, Adrian McPherson hits the open market. And if AC does retire. Montreal brings in Kevin Glenn. Even Mike Reilly, if McPherson signs elsewhere.

I agree completely. If he would come back Id definitely want him on the team next year

I think its time to make the move. Would be nice for AC to take part by share the position. Its time to make the move IMO. Or we risk an exodus.

No. He hasn't shown much when given the chance this year. And last, if memory serves. He's supposed to know the system by now, I don't see an excuse for his level of play.

McPherson was NOT given a chance to play this year. When he played, all the backups were in. Etc. Its not the same.

Just going by the game log of his start in Winnipeg, Bratton, Richardson, Deslauriers, Jennings, Devine and Bomben were involved in offensive plays in the 4th quarter. Green and Lavoie show up in the 3rd. Obviously, Anderson, Whitaker and London were still injured but the plate served was the same one Calvillo has had to work with for the last few weeks (except that Green didn’t return to the lineup until this game), and so I’d say the starters were in the game for quite a while. Granted, they don’t show up that much in the log, but my recollection of the game beyond the 1st quarter had McPherson checking down a lot and opting for the outlet pass to Jennings (or Devine) or eventually running out of or being chased out of the pocket.

I think it’s been suggested that McPherson was playing under an offensive scheme that suits Calvillo better and doesn’t utilize his strengths, but this is the scheme the team has utilized for years and, I assume, taught to all the QBs. And I believe he has always had the option to scramble in that game or any other game he has played in.

People can rationalize all they want, bottom line is McPherson never grabbed the bull by the horns the way Tate and Lulay did when they were given opportunities.

All I can remember from the 2012 pre-season game that he started in is Neiswander’s performance in the 3rd quarter. Both QBs had the same resources, and MacPherson was outplayed.

Last year I recall Santos out-playing him.

:thup: Once a team invests in McPherson and creates an offence around him. He will shine.

I take it you are an Eskimos fan. Would you take McPherson over Matt Nichols, assuming he recovers from his ankle injury?

Leak also did it the year before in preseason.

Assuming Calvillo returns for one more year, I don’t really care whether Adrian re-signs or not, because Trestman never seems to give McPherson the full playbook on the rare occasions he does start, and because Adrian himself hasn’t impressed me with his ability to check down in the pocket if his primary read isn’t there. Neiswander has now spent a full year in our system, and seems to be more the type of player Trestman likes. So why not develop him instead of an almost 30-year-old QB who is still unproven?

I think it would be better for all parties if Adrian went elsewhere. He’ll get a chance to start if he leaves Montreal, and we can start investing our time and energy in grooming a QB who actually has a chance of starting here when Anthony finally retires.

Exactly correct
In fact…when…days before that last game…Trestman stated that he hoped the guys would play for him
We saw an exact example of why AD won’t be back next year.
A guy with his talent riding the bench for 5 years
Wasting his prime
And then is cynically “showcased” in a meaningless game
Expected to shine after 5 passes in the entire season
Where the primary concern of most of his teammates is to NOT get injured.
flash back to Richardson giving the ball up to a defensive back…and then casually watching as the guy returns it the other way

IMO, Adrian McPherson hits the open market. And if AC does retire. Montreal brings in Kevin Glenn. Even Mike Reilly, if McPherson signs elsewhere.
AD will not be back Count on it And for the most part...the majority of folks here Will be as guilty and responsible As Jim Popp is now for the loss of an MOP Only this time the loss will spell the doom of this team We all had the chance to lobby for Adrian's ascension And most blew it completely [i][b]Reap What You Sow[/b][/i]

Kevin Glenn?
God help us Al

Exodus?
I believe the biblical reference you’re looking for
is “End of Days”

As Cesar would put it:

:thdn:

Case in point

Brilliant analysis as usual
When this team folds
After this two year failure streak
Is extended several more years into the Alouettes future
And the fan base finally dwindles to nothing
AGAIN

While Adrian McPherson leads some rival to unparalleled Grey Cup success

You can be sure I’ll be letting EVERONE know
Just who in this forum
Had their hands on the wheel
Sending us EXACTLY in the wrong direction

SHAME ON YOU!!!

none are so mindless as those who will not think

I guess what I'm saying is: whether you believe that Trestman is holding McPherson back by not giving him the full playbook, or that Adrian himself hasn't grabbed the reins (as idealsheldon stated), or some combination of the two (my position, mainly because it's so hard to know how the coaches view Adrian and what they do differently when he starts a game), it seems pretty clear that the best option for BOTH McPherson and the Als is for him to go elsewhere (assuming Calvillo is back, of course).

If Anthony retires immediately, all bets are off, obvs.

Waffle all you want
The truth is you've been asleep at the wheel on this issue
While the Alouettes have been in decline for the last 2 years

Quoting things like:
"All I can remember from the 2012 pre-season game that he started in is Neiswander's performance in the 3rd quarter. Both QBs had the same resources, and MacPherson was outplayed.
Last year I recall Santos out-playing him."

And then piling on with your own:
"Neiswander has now spent a full year in our system, and seems to be more the type of player Trestman likes. So why not develop him instead of an almost 30-year-old QB who is still unproven?

...just the latest ignominy

I've read a lot of dreck from the "pen" of this poster
By far the worst is the charge he's led against McPherson...from day one
With other little birdies chirping in
And now all this negativity
And unconscionable lack of vision
Is about to tank MY TEAM

I've been furious about this for years...
Obviously
And all the lesser evils that have trailed in it's wake
Watching train wreck in slow motion is never pleasant
Especially when it's carrying loved ones

But I reiterate
And I guarantee
That if Adrian leaves
And the Alouettes fail

I will make it my personal goal
To frickin roast everyone responsible
With every breath I breathe
Until the Alouettes are forgotten for good
And this forum is finally closed
Because MY TEAM is no more.

Count on it!!!

...an frankly
What makes me spit bile

Is the absolute audacity of someone
Who at every turn has supported the team's policy of keeping this talented quarterback
In absolute stasis...
For YEARS

NOW turns around and throws his age back
As an argument against him
Un-friggin-believable!!!

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

And let’s not forget: we had so many injuries on offense that Calvillo was frequently himself playing with the backups, and even the backups’ backups.

I think it's been suggested that McPherson was playing under an offensive scheme that suits Calvillo better and doesn't utilize his strengths, but this is the scheme the team has utilized for years and, I assume, taught to all the QBs. And I believe he has always had the option to scramble in that game or any other game he has played in.
I don't buy that suggestion TBH. Adrian's not a stupid guy. If the scheme isn't suited to him, why would he have stayed here for so many years? And why would Trestman keep him around for that long if his skill set wasn't suitable for Trestman's system? That suggestion makes both men look like idiots, and I don't think either man is an idiot, quite frankly.

We will find out soon enough in free agency McPherson`s perceived value around the league.

Will Winnipeg or Edmonton be willing to offer him starter`s money?

If not, he will have to be content to being a Jarius Jackson type CFL backup QB.

The wild card in all this is I have never found a definitive answer as to whether his $20 million lawsuit against the Titans and their mascot was ever settled. Even if it was settled for a fraction of the amount, it would have set him up for life.