would anyone want McKay-Loescher in a trade?

He's stunk out he joint all year for us. But he's a Canadian pass-rusher who has had prior success. Could we dupe anyone into trading us anything for this high-paid, overrated disappointment?

I'm thinking the WHOLE starting D-Line will be replaced with imports soon when NFL cuts happen.

No one will trade for him. He's a back up making starting money. We thought that giving him a chance to start would show why he should have been starting in BC. Obie obviously saw something different as he didn't even attempt to resign him, publicly.

I would trade him for a 7th round pick if I had too. At this point, you will be trading junk for junk. Do you really want somebody elses junk?

It's been mentioned in various other threads, but it bears repeating.

Why do Cat fans have such an inflated sense of value of their players? Hamilton is, sadly, the worst team in the league. Do you think any GM in the league is going to trade anything of value for a guy who can't make first string on the Cats?

Of course not.

So, we can quit wasting time on speculating about trading McKay-Loescher, Chang, Caulley, etc etc.

And that is the rub. :wink: Well stated. Unless there is a firesale of Desjardinsian proportions, the mistaken idea the Cats can shuffle asset for asset through a series of trades and suddenly become playoff bound is going to remain a theoretical nicety here in the forums of ticats.ca and here only.

Practically speaking, Hamilton is swimming uphill in that area. The roster has to be developed through gained experience on the field, scouting finds, and wise use of the waiver wire.

Oski Wee Wee,

And that is the rub. :wink: Well stated. Unless there is a firesale of Desjardinsian proportions, the mistaken idea the Cats can shuffle asset for asset through a series of trades and suddenly become playoff bound is going to remain a theoretical nicety here in the forums of ticats.ca and here only.

Practically speaking, Hamilton is swimming uphill in that area. The roster has to be developed through gained experience on the field, scouting finds, and wise use of the waiver wire.

Oski Wee Wee,

Oski Wee Wee,

You mean we couldnt trade NML and Caulley for a first rate receiver, a talented Olineman and a Stud DT?

He's clearly our best d-lineman. Why would you want to trade him away? Maybe he gets paid too much, I doubt it. (Canadians generally get paid more because their non-import status makes them more valuable.) His numbers might not be great but it's hard to get sacks when the other team isn't afraid of anyone else on our d-line, or when we only rush 3 guys.

I think when we signed this guy fans got overly excited (as they usually do on these forums) and they thought he was going to be an 18 sack per year machine. The reality is that we don't have the best personnel on defence and as a result everyone's numbers are going to suffer.

Plus, shouldn't we be trying to add more good players, not get rid of the few that we have?

8) Now don't get too greedy there !!! :wink:

Dead on!! There are very few real assets on a 1-5 roster and the ones you do have you can't afford to trade anyway. NML might have some value as a young Canadian DE to another GM but not enough to get you a 1st stringer in return. Every team has their own Chang--a guy who has shown flashes but is still an unproven commodity. Caulley is the kind of back that people are referring to when they say American RBs are a dime a dozen. He's ok but so is the next guy and the next guy and the next guy.....

I think that coaching has alot to do with the fact that some players like NML haven't taken it to the next level. Belli blossomed under Stubler--I'd bet NML would too. NML and even Moreno on the other hand, seem to have regressed since last year!!

If this team's personnel is to be improved, I think it will have to be through better coaching and NFL cuts.

An Argo-Cat fan
An Argo-Cat fan

what? I didnt ask for an outside linebacker. this should be doable!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Somebody give us 3 starters, possibly all-stars, for a D-lineman some rate as 2nd string or worse and a 3rd string RB ???????????

Are you serious?

Caulley and NML for, get this, 3 starters? A "first rate" receiver, a "Talented" Olineman, and a "stud" DT?

Surely you jest.

Any GM who would trade a starting receiver, starting offensive lineman, and starting defensive tackle, 3 for 2, for 2 guys who aren't good enough to start on the worst team in the league should have his head examined.

Surely I jest. I just dont believe in smileys

Phew.

Watch for him to be released prior to Labour Day so that the club is not on the hook for his overpaid salary.

Blame Desjardins (again) on this one ... he brought him here.

Watch for him to be released prior to Labour Day so that the club is not on the hook for his overpaid salary.

Blame Desjardins (again) on this one ... he brought him here.

Double phew (missed the sarcasm emoticon)

Hmmm, here we go again. All these negative comments are not going to help anything. I read all the posts about this topic and not one suggests that they fire Charlie Taafe or trade Jesse Lumsden or even Casey Printers.
Why does everyone jump on the defence? They have applied pressure, just not consistantly.

The Offense does not have a passing touchdown yet this yr, is that not cause for greater concern? I think it is.

Everyone thinks the Ticat offense is something to be wreckoned with but its not. Everyone talks about McKay-Loeschers back problem but he has played in more games every yr then Jesse Lumsden. Jesse has a few good runs per game then the bed and then gets injured.

All I am saying is that no one has enough fingers to point out all the minor problems the Ticats have, but they are 1-5 just like Winnepeg so they still have a chance for the playoffs. There is 2/3's of the season left cut the guys at Ivor Wynne a break. The playoffs ae a new season and the Ticats will be there this yr.

Actually there have been posts re firing the HC and/or the OC, and re trading JL.
I agree, the defence has not been the sole source of problems, and if they hadn't been on the field so long in at least 2 of our losses perhaps we would have won those.
I have some concern re no TD passes yet, and that certainly is not the fault of the defence, I just don't know why.
I too am optimistic re the rest of the season.