Would a Mod (or somebody) Explain....

I've asked this question on the Ti-cat board but the mods there don't seem to want to reply. Does anyone have the answer for this question?

...what's the reason for the rule on 'you can't post too soon after another post?', and...

Is there a specific time limit?
Is this to penalize fast typists or to eliminate short answers?

Enquiring minds want to know.

I suspect it’s too avoid automated spamming.

...there is a reason for this Mark and the admins provided one some time back but I cannot find the explanantion right now...but I agree with CRF that it had something to do with automated spamming...

Yes, it was to eliminate automatic spamming. The time between posts is, as far as I know, 2 minutes.

Its kind of long for a board with the population of ours... 30 seconds would be fine. But 2 minutes is kind of excessive.

...you young whippersnappers and your 30 seconds, 2 minutes is a respectable time limit let me tell you...why back when I was your age we used to mail in our posts, and a single admin would type it into a Fortran program using punch cards which we would then see on our Wang monochromatic screens as a series of ones and zeros...used ot take gawddarn an eternity to decipher what someone said but we liked it like that I tell you, we liked it like that...

And we had to walk through 6 feet of snow, uphill both ways to get to the post office.
And all the while Aunt Nell was bakin' pies... that's where we hid the secret cypher codes, ya see... and I seem to recall the Nazis might have been shootin' at us.
And we liked it like that....

Arius, I had to correct a couple of things in your post! :lol: :lol: