Worst name in the league ???

It seems to be an African-American phenomenon. I remember a Dan Jenkins book about a semi-fictitious big time college football team, and two of its stars were brothers (twins, I think) whose first names were Orangejello and Limejello. In light of Craphonso, those names don't seem that farfetched.....or that bad.

Well, a tad better than Shiitolsso. :slight_smile:

Some old Als' names come to mind:

Pat "Cotton" Batten

Nat "Crash" Craddock

Randy Rhino

Jim "King" Corcoran (okay, he didn't make it out of training camp, but what the heck).

Refreshing my memory by flipping through the Ticat media guide, I was reminded of some pretty good ones, and found some I never knew. Some of them are funny; others just really sound like football names:

Tuineau Alipate (TOO-i-no Al-i-PAW-tay)
Zenon Andrusyshyn
Ray "Bibbles" Bawel
Jack Bighead
John Bonk
Buster Brown
Charlie Brown
Carmelo Carteri
Bob Celeri
Tony Champion
Hardiman Cureton
Jimmy DeRatt
Spider Gibson
Cookie Gilchrist
Manny Hazard
Zeno Karcz
Marty Martinello
Bronco Nagurski
Doyle Orange
Aaron Ruffin
Steve Stapler
Don Sweet
Sharon Washington
Prince Wimbley (III)
Nobby Wirkowski
Ben Zambiasi
Lubo Zizakovic

...I beleive you're thinking of his cousin Thurston....

'Charlie Brown', good find BigDave. :thup:

How can u guys leave out Diamond Ferri and Chip Cox!

Great list Big Dave ... I can't believe those guys were all TiCats ???

Bronco Nagurski, is actually Bronco JR., correct ?? I think the old man played for the Chicago Bears and the Redskins only.

I personally think Weston Dressler is one of the worst names, yet on TSN’s best name poll he currently sits 2nd in having the best name. :roll: Must be a lot of Rider fans stuffing the ballot. I mean Weston Dressler, what the hell is so cool about that name.

The Undressler lol thats why

Well if his name was Weston Undressler that would be an improvement.

Thanks for reminding me... gotta go vote for Dressler... :cowboy:

Stampeder67 wrote:I personally think Weston Dressler is one of the worst names, yet on TSN's best name poll he currently sits 2nd in having the best name. :roll: Must be a lot of Rider fans stuffing the ballot. I mean Weston Dressler, what the hell is so cool about that name.
someone jealous?

I think its a fine name.. has a cool sound to it.

Stamps, have you not figured it out yet? The Riders win every single Internet poll because their fans vote blindly. They see the Riders and click click click! I just ignore the Rider option now and look at the rest.

I know Chief, I was simply implying as much without coming right out and saying it. I mean really, do Rider fans actually believe that all of Canada is voting for the cool name Weston Dressler :roll: LOL.

I see I hit a nerve though :cowboy:

Besides, Kenyon Rambo trumps Weston Dressler any day .Even though I voted for Diamond Ferri. :slight_smile:

A Weston Dressler sounds like something you get on sale at The Brick :lol:

The thing is here, the more you come and complain about how the Rider fans vote , the better they like it. Some(NOT ALL) do that just to annoy-- and they get a charge when someone comes on here and whines about the Rider fans skewing the results. The more people complain, the better they like it... and when Chief says he doesn't look at the Rider option, they see that as a challenge-- the less people complain and explain how they vote, the fun is taken out of it and the results will less skewed... and just on a side note, isn't Shabazz winning the poll? Since he is a Bomber and a former Eskimo, what makes you think that all the Bomber fans and some Eskimo fans aren't voting en mass to have their fave win?

Yeah, our Bronco played from '59-'66, so though I'm not sure of the relationship, I assume he's the son of the more famous one.

Sorry, we're out of stock of Weston Dressler.

Can I interest you in a Ken Yon Rambo at only $500 more?

Remeber: Laduphius McCalla - yikes!