Worst coach

I'm sure enough fans could pick any of the eight and say they were the "worst" --- well except for Saint Pinball.

My vote would go to Danny Barrett tho. He's had plenty of time to show what he's got and hasn't managed it.

I'd give the ticats a few more games to gel and prove what they can do, but if they don't, I'd have to blame it on the coaching schemes of Marshall/PaoPao. Danny Barret would get my vote though as of now. 6 years of promising a home playoff game and he can't get it done...

I agree, but then again you have aim higher to the GM. The same goes for the Bombers they may have got of to a fast start here but can they keep it going is the question. In fairness to the eskimo team their offense is not firing on all pistons. The young offensive line needs work and then the running game will come around for a more balanced attack. So really they made the bombers look good in this game. I would bet this will not happen again.

So , who's worse than Marshal?? Jim Daley is not CFL headcoach . Danny Barret? Nope , I would think Ticats are an easier team to beat than the Riders . Who would you rather have your team , say , play back to back games against if your team was hunting for a playoff spot Riders or Ti-cats? Sorry, Riders are better.
So who's left that's worse than Marshal ??

#1 Danny Barrett
#2 Greg Marshall

I would say the teams that are last in each division are the worst at the present moment. Maccioca had to eat crow and have commissioner Hugh to re-sign Montford. I wonder what reasons 3 Olineman had for retiring in the offseason. A non-existant running game isnt helping matters in Edmonton either, and dont forget about the lack of communication in the secondary.
Hamilton is off to a 0-3 start so, that can be blamed on some questionable coaching decisions. Allowing Calgary to march and score the winning points on the final play of the game was due to bad decision on Marshall's part, they should have won that game. So your worst coaches this season: Maccioca and Marshall

COULDNT AGREE MORE

Danny Barrett? What have you been smoking?

its a hard one Jim Daley or Greg Marshall
hard to pick

I would say jury's out between Macciocca and Marshall. Little Danny M had a championship calibre team handed to him, and he's slowly destroying it. (Takes me back to the days of F-Troop sniff) Marshall has had nothing to work with until now, and I'll only hang him out to dry if they can't get it together by mid-season.

Now Jim Daley.. he's gotta be all-time worst ... maybe Matt Dunigan.. tough call, but Daley was also an idiot in interviews, so I'll give it to him.

They’ve spent as long, or longer living in canada then in the US

Its about time Don Matthews became a Canadian citizen after all he is willing to work in Canada, he should be paying Canadian taxes. It took 27 years to do, my question is why so long? Same with Pinball, why so long?
A)They still pay taxes on many things, even as non-citiznes b)I don't know about mathews, but pinball has been canadian for a while

All time worst? That’s the easiest question ever, without a doubt Urban Bowman. In 97 he took over Hamilton and turned a D that had an all-star at every position into the worst D in the league. I mean how can you do that when you have Montford, Tiggle, Gerald Vaugn, Eric Carter, Whitehead, Steinour, etc. Same thing with Winnipeg last year he took over their D half way through the year and it went from first to worst.

Also he tried the most idiotic trick play in the history of sports when he faked a field goal by having a player line up behind the holder and pretend he was tying his shoe

IMO i think Matt Dunigan would be # 1, he made Calgary look bad; and that g@y lookin guy with that big ear ring who coach Winnipeg... wuts his name again, oh ya Jeff Reinebold :lol:

I have to admit I wasn’t paying any attention to what was happening in the hammer in '97… so I’ll take your word for it that he was pretty bad, but you have to admit Matt Dunigan’s “Never run the ball” offense had to be just as stupid as whatever Bowman was doing to waste all the talent he had.

Dunigan’s O wasn’t that bad, not as bad as John Huards never throw the ball O.

its year7 and the guy still can’t motivate his team or come out with a solid game plan week in and week out. IMO he’s the worst in the league and his W/L record proves it.

If the discussion is limited to coaches that are still currently head coaches in the CFL, then I think Danny Barrett has done the poorest job. I don’t like Shivers either but at least he signs quality players, which is the role of a GM. Barrett can’t seem to do anything with them, which is the role of the coach. With the talent that has been in Saskatchewan for the past four years, how do you not deliver at least one home playoff game in that time?
Pennw, I have to disagree with your point of view. Coaching ability and a team’s win/loss record is definitely related but it is not a linear relationship. Without talented athletes, a good coach can make that team as good as it can be, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be a winning team.

If the discussion is limited to coaches that are still currently head coaches in the CFL, then I think Danny Barrett has done the poorest job. I don’t like Shivers either but at least he signs quality players, which is the role of a GM. Barrett can’t seem to do anything with them, which is the role of the coach. With the talent that has been in Saskatchewan for the past four years, how do you not deliver at least one home playoff game in that time?
Pennw, I have to disagree with your point of view. Coaching ability and a team’s win/loss record is definitely related but it is not a linear relationship. Without talented athletes, a good coach can make that team as good as it can be, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be a winning team.

Danny has done an amazing job with Sask, before he showed up the team was a joke, now they're competetive each year despite having the cheapest owners in the league. Last year he deserved coach of the year for somehow getting them into the playoffs with Marcus Crandal at q.b.

The Riders had a sub par QB last year but they also had arguably the best O line, defense and running game in the league. They got to the playoffs last year by finishing 4th in the west and crossing over only because Hamilton and Ottawa were so weak. Once there, they got clobbered. I agree, that was pretty amazing.