Worst Announcers Ever!

Wow, I'm surprised by this thread. I think Dunigan is hilarious.
I like when you can hear him in the back-ground cheering for a play or a big hit when he is not supposed to be talking,
Or if he drops a southern cuss word.
I just think his passion for the game comes through more when he is the color man rather then when he is on the panel.
As for the mentioned "best" since Lancaster, I would agree that Khari Jones and Darren Flutie were good.

Cuthbert & Suitor should learn how to pronounce Boris Bede's last name.

Hint: It's not "beedee".

Matt Dunigan is a CFL icon who has true passion for the game. I enjoy his enthusiastic, entertaining commentary during telecasts. He and Miller are good friends, and that makes their team commentary genuine.

I think all of the CFL commentators on TSN do a great job. Even Cuthbert, Climie and Lapolice, who all annoyed me slightly at first, have grown on me.

Yeah, Dunigan can wander offtopic, but he's forgotten more about the game of football than anyone else who's done colour commentary for CFL games. The problem isn't Dunigan, it's Miller not keeping Dunigan focused and giving him chances to share his reservoir of football knowledge with viewers. If you watch Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth, you'll see that while Michaels is hyper-focused on calling the action on the field, he also smoothly asks leading questions that allow Collinsworth, the former player, an opportunity to dissect the plays between whistles. The result is legitimately informative as well as entertaining. I think Dunigan could be a LOT better alongside a stronger play-by-play man.

Well…after watching the Blue Team and the Gren guys today I have to say that the Chris Cuthbert/ Glen Suitor combination came through with flying colours. What an exciting game…both of them captured the excitement and complemented what was going on in the see-saw battle to the end of O/T.
Kudo’s to both of them…very professional and entertaining. They have set the standard for the season. :thup:

Doing colour on a sporting event is NOT just about knowledge, it’s also about being a good communicator. And I find him to be poor at that aspect of the role.

Coach Sal, to me, is just as knowledgeable about the game, and is excellent at explaining it so that my poor old brain can understand and in a concise, effective manner.

I have learned so much from listening to him and is THE reason I like to listen to the games. Dunigan may know more than anyone else, but you could not tell it by listening to him.

[b]"If you watch Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth, you'll see that while Michaels is hyper-focused on calling the action on the field, he also smoothly asks leading questions that allow Collinsworth, the former player, an opportunity to dissect the plays between whistles. The result is legitimately informative as well as entertaining. I think Dunigan could be a LOT better alongside a stronger play-by-play man."[/b]
Chris Collingsworth is also articulate, a strong communicator.

From my recall, I’m not sure if Michaels leading him is Al’s or the producer’s idea on how to bridge the play by play with the colour commentary, to add some variety in their approach to the broadcast or to make it more conversational.

Very true, being articulate is a key component and Dunigan has to work on that. In his defense, all the head trauma he experienced as a player affects his verbal delivery and recall at times.

Cuthbert doesn't seem to know the rules - At the end of the Argo / Rider game he was going on about clock management on plays when the clock was stopped. I think he watches too much NFL. He also seemed surprised the Riders were "going for two" in overtime - 30 seconds after Suitor said the teams are required to attempt a two point conversion in OT.

Dunigan could dial-back the Southern Drawl. He does know his football and stay focused on the plays more than some of the other colour guys. Ford is my number 1.

I tend to be more critical of the crews calling Ti-Cats games.

To be fair there are some new rules this year and mandatory going for 2 in ot is a new one, but these guys should know this better than the fans do. I still don’t understand that non pass interference call on Davis at the end of the 1st half was overturned, so there are new rules that fans, announcers and referees are still learning.

Not sure if that’s a compliment or an insult. But it’s probably true.

He was talking about the 'riders clock management at the end of regulation. Not running the clock down when they were first and goal, and leaving too much time for the a***s to come back.

Love the Gord Miller Dunigan duo. :thup: :thup:

Unfortunately, IMHO, they are as boring as dirt as a team.

They all sound great when we are winning to me...they only call the game ,not play it.I think their banter is entertaining and even makes me laugh at times...We whine enough about our team at times so now it's the announcers ???

Who? Michaels and Collinsworth? Have to disagree. They are excellent, in my opinion, at balancing excitement over the game with analysis. I have learned a ton about football just through Collinsworth’s between-play analysis.

Miller and Dunigan, yep, I agree with you there. Not exciting right now, but as I said before, I don’t think that’s necessarily Dunigan’s fault.