Worst 9-0 team ever

The only reason BC is 9-0 is because Braily has bought the refs. All you have to do is look at the Edmonton Game to see that. Well Mr. Braily just wait until the Mighty Esks go into BC and win two in a row under the Dome to take the cup home.
Budha

Now that's ridiculous "logic" for ya. . .how about they're 9-0 because they've got three great QBs? How about they're 9-0 because their offense and defense is performing? How about they're 9-0 because their team has obviously gelled and they work well together? How about the coaching? How about every other reason? Gimme a break. . .bought the refs. . .what a stupid comment.

How else would explain the worst Reffed game this year. Your so called performing offense gave up 6 sacks and couldn't catch a pass. The only reason tghey moved down field was because the stripes. The running game had its worst outing all season, did not even come close to 100 yards, but it was all talent.

I love guys that come up with great comments like that when they just join the same day.

JM02 don’t waste your breath on this guy.

it is amazing how BC fans can give it, but they sure have a hard time taking it

Hmmm. . .I'm not a BC fan. Besides, they won. So what if they gave up six sacks? They played where and when it counted. They persevered, and they deserve all the credit that goes along with winning. If you can't come up with some intelligent comments, you're going to have some great initiation to this forum.

So you try and counter will with oh well they gave up 6 sacks! They have already hurt one quarterback, because they can't protect him. But hey it is no big deal the first half MVP is in a nd out of the line up Casey will save the day. Oh wait didn't he get pulled against the Riders?
budha

Its amazing how fans from esks.com can’t let this go. I guess when your team loses more games you will have a built in excuse though.

FYI, Printers is undergoing an MRI and might be out longer than just "being pulled in a game". I didn't bring up the six sacks - you did. You know what? If your team could win with their team the way BC is winning with theirs, I doubt you'd be beaking off so much.

Your right, but I do see why other teams fans come to our site now. Atleast we know what we are talking about over there. If we suck in a game we will be the first to admit it. You will not find an Eskimo fan alive who said that we played great against TO. No we don't but the blame on the refs for that, we just sucked. What we hate is Lions fans who think that there team is the best thing since sliced bread and won't admit that they got one given to them

So they have now hurt 2 quarterbacks. And I thought that our line sucked

They didn’t get one given to them - the Riders quit playing in the fourth quarter (as usual) and BC capitalized. A winning team takes advantage of those moments, and BC certainly did. Besides, the Riders got away with a lot - apparently there were a lot of non-calls that they should have been nailed on in the first half especially. Tto say that the refs are in Braley’s pocket is ignorant, at best.

Some people have nothing better to do....

From "esks.com":

budha Playground Hero

142 Posts
Posted - Aug 31 2005 : 3:19:57 PM

Posted this on BClions.com just see what reaction I would get:

The only reason BC is 9-0 is because Braily has bought the refs. All you have to do is look at the Edmonton Game to see that. Well Mr. Braily just wait until the Mighty Esks go into BC and win two in a row under the Dome to take the cup home.
Budha

It could be interesting
Budha

squishy35
Rookie

Canada
17 Posts
Posted - Aug 31 2005 : 3:32:56 PM

quote:

Originally posted by budha

Posted this on BClions.com just see what reaction I would get:

Budha

It could be interesting
Budha

You spelled Braley wrong.

sns2
Playground Hero

178 Posts
Posted - Aug 31 2005 : 3:38:54 PM

Budha: That's a good one. I wanted to be pretty low key, but your approach will definitely attract some over-the-top replies. Cut and paste them at the end of the night. The boys will get a kick out it!

Nice agenda girls :roll:

Wow. Bush league fans. Gotta love 'em.

Whoa, I wouldn't lump them all together. I respect Supertoe, Eskies32001 and a few others.
Every city (sigh) has their token clowns.

Deep breath.....let it go...ignore....

Okay - wasn't clear, obviously. I absolutely did not intend to lump everyone together. There are several Esks posters I admire here. I meant that "fans" of budha's calibre are bush league. Don't fret, friends. I don't let the antics of one rambling lunatic sully my view of all fans. . .

My apologies on my lack of clarity.

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK squishy you are obviously on ESKS.com so you should now that my spelling sucks. And your telling me that I don't have anything better to do.

Now for my real feelings on the Lions.
Are they a good team yes. I picked the topic name to generate responses and it obviously worked. It has been up less then 2 hours and I have had 16 responses that is more then almost every other topic here. Does BC really deserve to be 9-0 NO. 8-1 or 7-2 yes. The riders got some BS Phantom calls against them that cost them, illegal procedure for moving the ball forward, every center in the league moves the ball forward before they snap it. Your win over Edmonton it was very obvious that the refs had money on game. It is the only way to explain a pass interfence call with no one with 3 yards of a guy who drops the ball, calling pass interference when the ball is 10 yards over the recievers head and being able to climb all over a reciever before the ball even got there. Would we have won the game, maybe not, our offense did not show up until the second half and o'MAnhoney is about as good a field goal kicker as Flemming. But when the refs put you 1 and goal at the 1 twice on BS calls you should punch it in.
Admit it you are not the worst 9-0 team ever, but you are the luckiest. Or Braley is spending more money on the refs then Edmonton is paying its quarterbacks.
Budha

as for being called bush league
OUCH you got me
Budha

I didn't call you bush league budha.

It was a good attempt a poop distubing though, I'll give you credit lol.

Seriously though, reffing catches up with all teams sooner or later. The Lions have been on the beneficial end so far yes. But to come out and accuse owners of paying off officials is absurd and really bad sportsmanship.

Cheer your team yes, but don't make excuses for losing a game.
A game is decided from 60 minutes of play, not one or two penalty calls.

And... the eskimos are the most penalized team this season. Historically, teams with that distinction are more closely scrutinized by the officials.

Cheers...

Squishy