World hockey championships

I know these are almost always an afterthought - but just happened to tune in to see Canada tie the game with the Swiss with just 0.4 seconds left in the quarter-final. Talk about cutting it close.

On to OT we go.

Yes, Go Team Canada! Almost got upset by those pesky Swiss. It’s unfortunate that this tournament just doesn’t get much respect here in Canada.

I didn’t even know they were playing a quarter-final Earl. Was working from home yesterday because I’ve been battling a bug all week and just happened to turn on the TV and caught the last 3 or 4 minutes of regulation and then the OT winner.

Yes, I knew the game was on in the morning as I watched Sportscentre at 8:00 in the morning and then planned to watch at least some of the game later but made breakfast, then tea … and totally forgot about the game. :-\

Total domination for Team Canada today with a 5-1 win over Czech, onto the the final again’s that pesky Finnish squad.

Team Canada for the GOLD!!

And Team Canada wins silver - lose in OT :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to watch anyways, taped it but good showing at least.

So sorry, Aerial, I should have put a spoiler alert :-\

No prob.

I was at buddy’s when we watch this game! They really showed some muscle over Finnish.

As I can see Russians are really good at playing hockey but Canada is still the best