World Curling Championship and Scotties tournament of hearts 2024

so 4 of the 6 teams I wanted made it. The two BC losing in tiebreakers. Not bad at all

Einarson losing first game but not out yet
Jones winning first game. Go Jones.

2 Likes

Jones vs Homan in the Tournament Final FootbalYouBet? Go Homan

1 Like

They are already meeting tomorrow I believe, but they could still meet again at the end

1 Like

You bet except it’s not the final. It’s the Page Playoff 1 vs 2 game. The winner is in the final and the loser must play the survivor of the pjayoff games between the lower seeds. Those start tonight with two elimination games.

The Page playoff system is one of the best playoff systems I have seen in any sport. It rewards round robin or “regular season” performance but also mandates good playoff performance. The top seeded teams that played today have two kicks at the cat. After that it is one and done. The lower seeded teams can’t lose. Very fair.

2 Likes

aussie football league is similar

Maybe that’s where it was invented? Curling adopted it a few years ago but didn’t invent it for sure. I like the concept and although it might not work for all sports or leagues it’s perfect for a curling tournament or really any tournament.

Great curling this weekend with excellent, sensational shots by all teams. Still lots more to come on Sunday to see who will play Homan in the Tournament Final.

1 Like

At the 5th end break with Jones leading Cameron 9-4 in the Semi-Final - I believe it will be Homan vs Jones later today in the Scotties Tournament Final. Go Homan

Go Jones!

I thought you were a Westerner Abbey? :thinking:

1 Like

I am, BC Clancy Grandby didn’t make it through so Homan is my choice. My all time favorite though is Colleen Jones from the Mayflower Curling Club in Halifax, NS.

1 Like

At the fifth end break - Homan with a steal of 1 in the 5th leads Jones 3-1.

Jones just scored 2 in the 9th to tie it at 4 going into the last end. Holman with the hammer. Will the unsmiling robot spoil Jennifer’s swan song? Probably I think.

1 Like

Probably but it’s not over yet. Jones is sitting shot with three rocks to go…

1 Like

And it’s last rock for Jones. Can she pull off a miracle draw and leave Homan with a tricky shot for the win?

Oh so close.

Team Robot wins! Good try Jennifer.

2 Likes

No. I’m no expert curler but I thought that tapping the shot stone. Was the better way to go. Jones was chasing the game from the start although she almost pulled it out. I’m happy for Emma Miskew though. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was thinking about that tap back too.

As for her draw attempt, if only Jennifer could’ve chased the rock down the ice and joined the sweepers… all they needed was a quarter inch more clearance.

1 Like

Great game and finish - Rachel Homan congrats on her 5-4 win in Calgary at the 2024 Scotties Tournament of Hearts Final.

1 Like

Well we now have an explanation as to why Briane Harris was suspended just hours before her first Scotties match.

She doesn’t believe she is guilty of anything and indeed it would appear unlikely that a young mother like her would be juicing. We’ll see how it plays out.

I am still of the position that witholding this story did no good for anyone involved or the public.

what good would not withholding do??

1 Like