World Curling Championship and Montana's Brier 2024

Scotland tomorrow though.

1 Like

Win or lose they gotta be playing the scots and another great team in the playoffs too. Just gotta get to the playoffs

Top 6 make the playoffs, top 2 get a bye to the semi-finals. Same format as the women just had. I’m fully confident that Canada will finish in the top 6 and hope they can finish in the top 2, which is realistic I think.

2 Likes

Final
Canada 8
Scotland 4

1 Like

And a reminder that a top 6 finish gets Gushue their Roar of the Rings trials spot.

1 Like

Early game but Scotland was chasing the entire game on every rock.
Don’t expect that in a play off game. The winning team of this championship not dominate … Let’s hope it is Canada
The winner will require some luck but will also require some clutch shots at the right time.

They play world #1 Italy tomorrow. Win that and they have a great chance of a bye to the semis as only Sweden left out of the tough teams.

1 Like

Will be up with my coffee and an Irish breakfast for this one.

Unfortunately Canada defeated in an extra end and falls from the ranks of the undefeated. All is not lost yet though. New Zealand tomorrow morning and as long as they aren’t playing croquet we should be ok.

Rough loss, the team made a few bad throws in the first two ends and paid the price. Had a chance in a late end to steal but last skip rock was not as good as it could have been and rolled too far to block

1 Like

A loss to the #1 team in the world this season is hardly something to worry about.

1 Like

Get the crap out before the mistakes really count

As most of you I am sure know, Canada beat New Zealand this morning 7-4 and the US later 8-2. A bit surprised at that margin of victory. tomorrow they play the good guys from Holland and the Koreans, neither of whom should pose much of a threat.

1 Like

Canada improves to 5-1, two wins today 7-4 over New Zealand and 8-2 over the U.S. Sweden is on top sitting at 6-0.

2 Likes

Team Canada get 3 more wins and 1 loss to Sweden who look pretty darn strong so far. The top six,

Sweden 10-0
Canada 8-2
Scotland 8-2
Italy 7-3
Germany 6-4
Switzerland 6-4

1 Like

Well they are in the semis if they don’t lose another as they have the tiebreaker over Scotland. If they lose one and Italy wins out they will lose the bye to Italy as they have the tiebreaker.

1 Like

But who is going to beat Sweden.
Wow that team has the ice read in every game so far

That one end Canada had a guarantee steal of one and a chance for two… The Swede skip outdrew the button that Canada had all but covered .

1 Like

Didn’t see any of the game but you are correct. Sweden is the team to beat. As long as Canada gets the second bye at least they won’t have to play Sweden until the final.

1 Like

Yup would not be the first time the top dog lost to the slightly lesser dog in a winner takes all game .

1 Like

Goo (Canada), Edin & Retornaz will invariably fight for the 3 medals. Edin the odds-on favorites. TSN cheering for Canada like all git out. They don’t want an all-foreign semi-final or final for their vast Canadian curling audience.