World Curling Championship and Montana's Brier 2024

Watching it right now before I will watch the Jets game on PVR. It is definitely looking like Gushue will book his spot in the final.

1 Like

spoiler alert: Vanvouver ? Winterpeg ?

Saskie in the Semis in the Brier :grinning:. Last time they won I was working in Saskatoon, just down the street from Nutana CC. I’ve always felt I put the Ontario jinx on the Saskatchewan team.

1 Like

Well they got their work cut out for them. Gotta beat the number two team in the world to get the game and then defeat the number one ranked team in the world. I will be chearing hard for them

Really enjoying watching curling more and more, sort of like watching golf, at least for me.

1 Like

Go Sask go.

1 Like

I’ll be cheering for Manitoba in green as well.

1 Like

Nice three ender there

2 Likes

Going to be a fantastic game tonight as well - Go Team Canada :canada:

I just do not see any of the teams playing right now beating Team Canada tonight

1 Like

Sask. up 6-2 against AB - shaping up to be…

Mike Mcewan vs Brad Gushue :canada: in the final.

2 Likes

Bottcher had a chance for 3 in the 8th but botched his first shot. Two stones to go in the eighth and this one looks over.

6-3 McEwen after 8.

1 Like

Sask/MB wins 7-3.

Let’s hope they take down the Gushue powerhouse!

It would be nice to see.
But Brad still has one heck of a team

2 Likes

Gushue is not ranked #1 in the world, Joel Retornaz from Italy is. Yes, Botcher is ranked #2. In my opinion Gushue is far down the list.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Thank you.

3 of the 4 Sask players are born and raised in Sask. I’m pretty sure they would be pretty pissed to be called a Manitoba rink.

It was not an insult

1 Like

I’m just coming at it from a Manitoba angle. I know 3 of 4 are from Saskatchewan, but their best curler and skip is a mercenary from MB and I doubt they would be in the final without him I hope they win to end the Sask Brier drought and so McEwen can end his personal drought. No insult intended, but certainly MB deserves a slice of the credit here.

First end just finished and blanked by Gushue.

1 Like

Gushue THE MAN!

1 Like