WORLD CHAMPIONS = AMERICAN NFL HYPE PROPOGANDA

A NFL vs. CFL game would be one of the most exciting games to watch, but unfortunately it will never happen. Until I'm proven otherwise, I think that the Als or Esks from this past season would be capable of beating a good portion of the nfl teams with cfl rules, and maybe even some of the worst nfl teams using nfl rules.

Yes e123, the No Fun League has way too much to lose and that is why the game will never take place. They could no longer boast with the American propoganda that they are the best, er World Champion. Agree teams from both league could beat each other, there are no exceptions. We would win hands down with our rules and field and likely the same for for the No Funners on their postage size field.

I think both leagues would have too much to lose. Say they played and the CFL team lost by 50 points or more. What would the fringe fan say, they would call the CFL "bush" and all the work put forth to improve the image of the league would be gone in one game.
What if they won, well the NFL would raid a number of teams and we would lose a lot of our stars. It would set the league back a number of years and they may never recover. Fans would lose interest, tv ratings would fall and the league would fail to exist ,as it would lose all the momentum it had workerd so hard to gain.
As far as I can see it is a lose for both leagues not just the NFL.....

Don't get me wrong I love the CFL, especially the rules more than the NFL, but if the CFL could beat the NFL why aren't there more CFL players playing in the NFL? Some positions such as defensive back, receiver, and running back are essentially the same. Just their receivers, defenisve backs, and running backs are all faster and bigger than ours. If you don't think a guy like Chad Johnson would blow by our defensive backs you would be kidding yourself. Quarterback is a little different because of the shape of the ball but essentially the same, reading defences, throwing to the open man. Sorry to say but there is a reason american born players play in the CFL, they can't make their own league.

The 4 down game is different on a small postage size field. Requiring in bigger and less agile players. The reason the American players and thankfully so play our wonderful game is by en large it suits their stature and they do not meet the cookie cutter type required in the States. Being generally smaller and quicker which is a necessity in our huge field. That's why the 350-400 O or D lineman could not keep up or play our game. Plus of course, the quick 20 second clock. There are many more examples in the favour of our version I simply do not buy the thread that because they pay better = better player. Two totally different games requiring equally as different athlete. It is further my belief the transition is easier from our game to theirs then the other way around.

I'm not talking about the defensive lineman, I'm talking about the skilled positions are the same and their guys are bigger and faster than our guys at those positions.

Again based on whose assessment. You are basing your belief on outstanding players in the NFL who generally play against slower and less agile competition. Our game is faster, with players who are quicker and have to be in better shape to compete.

Then if our guys are faster at receiver why aren't they in the NFL? It's the same position in both leagues, you get open that's your job.

What is your opinion Kanga?

Your right argotom, there is no way any NFL receiver, running back, D-back, lineback or quarterback , olineman or d- lineman could ever play in the CFL, they are all too big and slow. SAY WHAT! The reason you that the receivers and defensive players are in the CFL is not because they prrfer the CFL game it is bcause they can't cut it in the NFL. Come on lets be serious here,please.

I am being serious, you are right in the first part how the vast majority of NFL players could not play our game. They are way too slow. We have all been to Macdonals, the stores are all the same regrdeless of what part or country you attend. Hence, the cookie cutter approach and furthermore the political system attached to same. Other then a few of our players who try out every year, that's it. The NFL will not sign vast numbers as this would be an indictment on their self percieved "best" mentality.

I agree, a 350 pound Olineman would have a hard time playing the Canadian game IF he was to play it for the first time without any training or understanding of the game.But these guys are pros, give them a traing camp, have them lose 30 pounds and they will be all over it like stink on sh*t. If you think I'm kidding take a look at Neil Fort, doesn't he tip the scale around 340-350 ponds? Seems like he was able to adapt to the game.

Agree, but the Als do not have the entire line of Neil Fort prototypes. It would be a disaster especially for the run and rolling out which AC does successfully. Although each team may have their own behemoth Neil Fort type, the game does not dictate/permit a full O and D line type because the agility or lack thereof will simply not permit to perform as a cohesive unit.

I was looking at the Seattle roster on their website , and looking at the sizes of the guys they have . They don't really look to be any bigger than our guys . Their D-line guys are all about the same height and weight as a CFL line, 270-295ish . O-line a little over 300 and about 6-5 ish tall . RB about 225 ish.
I know some the teams got bigger guys but this year Seahawks are finalists with those guys. I think it's a bit of a misconception that they're that much bigger. On the other hand some of you guys saying they're slower , well I think that's somewhat stupid , they've got some real good athletes. Bigger doesn't equate to slower.

Neil Fort would be to slow to make the NFL though.

I just did a quick scan of the CFL rosters and a large % of CFL o-lineman weight in between 300-330 pounds. I bet that the average oline is around 315 lbs, which is a big increse over 20 years ago. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there was a time way back when were we thought that you would never see a 300 lineman in the CFL because they couldn't handel the fast pace, but it all changed, now you can barely find someone under 300 pounds. Seems like the big boys could handel it after all , they train better and are more prepared then we give them credit.Yes, there are guys in the NFL that would have a hard time cracking the roster but don't imply that it would be dificult for all of them.

This really, to me, means nothing. Anyone can say they are world champions at this or that, I mean, it isn't something that is proveable in any way unless there is a true world championship tournament. But in football, the only country that could compete would be Canada as we are the only other ones that play North American football even remotely enough to be able to compete at least with the Americans.
It actually sounds really funny when the SB champs say they are world champs though, I don't think I would have the audacity to say this knowing it means practically nothing in the case of American football.

You are right Earl , but we are dealing with a self centered mentality how any American run pro league has this arrogance about it. Even when it is not true and are out and out lies. Example, being baseball, basketball, golf etc... You hate to say it is rampent with Americans as individuals, but.............

remember 1996....donovan bailey breaks the world record for the 100M sprint...and the americans have teh nerve to say thier 200M champ is the 'fastest man alive'....arg

but then donovan whooped him during the one-on-one grudge match ..hahahaha

2 of the greatest canadian sports moments!

Good point DG. You won't believe this but under the circumstance and the topic, today on the radio I heard an ad for tickets for this weekends Toronto Rock lacrosse game against Edmonton. Guess what, "Toronto Rock World Champion". So stupidity is not exclusive to the Americans. Plus, in this case the connection or majority owner of the Rock is, you guessed it Brad Waters(and more famous father Bill). The two were once majority owners of the Gades and are still minority owners.