Word Hockey Championship

Great gold medal winning game from Team Canada, taped it this aft and just finished watching it. To keep that Finnish team off the scoreboard took a total team effort.

Congrats to the boys!

Great game too bad it was on a beautiful day here it may have lowered the viewership it deserved . I watched the last period . I am glad I did .

An inspiring win for Canada, now look forward to The World Cup of Hockey.

Agree the win was terrific. Disagree about the World Cup. I, like many hockey fans, will be boycotting the tournament.

Why the boycott Kevin? Could/should be some great hockey.

The two things I don't like though are the gimmicky inclusion of a 23 and under "North American Team' when there already will be a Team Canada and Team USA in the tournament. That sort of thing is something you do for an all-star weekend filler game like sophomores versus rookies. It is not something you do if you want your tournament to be a true 'World Cup' taken seriously by fans - who should have one real rooting interest. Who do I cheer for when it is Canada VS. North America if over half the North American team is Canadian?

Likewise including a 'Team Europe' for all European players not from Russia, Finland, Sweden or the Czech Republic - who will each have their own teams - again that is too much a gimmick for any serious World Cup competition IMO.

I agree on both comments. Great win for Canada. I'm just sorry I had to miss it but was following as closely as I could. As for the "World Cup" - just another pointless NHL money grab.

Likewise including a 'Team Europe' for all European players not from Russia, Finland, Sweden or the Czech Republic - who will each have their own teams - again that is too much a gimmick for any serious World Cup competition IMO.
yeah Travel, sounds to me like the NHL is trying to do a golf thingy with the Ryder Cup and/or President's Cup (would have to look up the difference between the two) and I'm not sure this will work all that great in hockey, don't know. I guess we'll see how successful this is with ticket sales and TV numbers. Who knows. Maybe this means the end of NHL players in the Olympics as well, again don't know.

I think the NHL wants their own version of the World Hockey Championship, which I guess is great, but again, will it work as well as they want this to? Hey, it's all about money I'm sure as deerkeeper mentions.