Woodcock out of bounds on game winning pass

What was that?

Why is he catching the ball out of bounds when he's thrown the game winning pass?

I was clear on the other side of the stadium and at the other end.

What happened? Who saw on TV or who was close to that play?

The explanation from one of my friends that didnt come and stayed home said this "Half his foot was out of bounds before he caught the ball"

Didnt clarify where it was when he did catch it... but he also told me that he just wasnt aware as to where he was.... unacceptable from a veteran.

I believe if you go out of bounds on your own during the play you are inelligble for the rest of the play

...but he also told me that he just wasnt aware as to where he was.... unacceptable from a veteran.
Cost us the game. No ifs, ands or buts.

Didnt Taaffe throw a challenge flag on that play after the game ended. Thats what I heard on Chml??

Yup. He did.

I believe you can't challenge a play in the last three minutes.

The fans should throw a challenge flags at the entire team.

Yup. He did.

I believe you can't challenge a play in the last three minutes.

Why doesn`t Taaffe know that by now? I think he has done it before in the last 3 minutes

He threw it after that play and before the final play to the endzone.

Its not that he doesn't know the rule he just wants to try to get their attention and get them to review it in the booth.

Taafe was having one of his in game naps and wasnt sure of the time when he woke up. they should get him a cot.

Right, cannot go out unless you are pushed at any point during the play... I thought you were asking if he was out at the time of the catch, or before hand and was called for it.

If he was not standing on the line when he caught it they would have thrown a flag but let the play go.

Im going to assume he was standing on the line when he caught it... and yes, it cost us the game because his awareness was terrible at that point.... completely unacceptable.

I taped the game, will check later.

what he said.

When you think of it its kinda smart.... they wont call a penalty for delay of game, throw the flag and make them come over to talk to you, in the meantime its more time for the booth to review.

home_fry wrote: Its not that he doesn't know the rule he just wants to try to get their attention and get them to review it in the booth.

Crash wrote,
what he said.

When you think of it its kinda smart.... they wont call a penalty for delay of game, throw the flag and make them come over to talk to you, in the meantime its more time for the booth to review.

[url=http://www.ticatfans]www.ticatfans[/url]

Thanks guys,

Actually it does make sense to do that. Then it is a good decision by Charlie

he was standing on the line when he caught the ball and he wasnt pushed out at anytime, no need for a challenge it was clear on TV, unfortuate but clear

Oh well. He made a mistake. His foot was barely on the line, but he did step on it as he planted to catch the ball. It happens all the time to many receivers. Did it really cost us the game though?

We do this all the time. Talk about the one play that we think "cost us the game". There were 60 minutes of football and there were alot of missed plays. If this had happened on the first play of the game would it have cost us the game. Every play contributes to a win or loss.

How about second and one from the 5 yd line with Lumsden as your back ....what would you have done?

He carried it in for a TD, did he not, nab06?

If so, that TD would have won us the game.

Right on, a common rant is to complain about the last play costing. No one play costs you a game for sure. What you do in the game which lead to it is more condeming.

If he caught that pass we would have won.

He is still one heck of a reciever and should be forgiven by us fans. Just dont do it again Pat!

He had to leave his pattern to catch the ball that was off target. It was clear on the TV that Williams threw it behind him and heading out of bounds.