Wont see me there $$$$$

Yesterday I tried to get tickets in general admission. $18??????? Up from $11. I could'nt believe it. I was going to take my 7 year old but after seeing that increase I decided it would be better to stay at home and watch on HD.
A few coworkers went to the preseason game and said they are not going back. They could'nt believe the price of warm beer and cold hotdogs.
Bob Young is outpricing this city and he better watch as the attendence is going to decrease over the year and next year the #'s will be back to 2003. 16000 a game.
Last year I took my son to 3 games and we had a blast, but after seeing the prices and hearing about the service its going to take alot of coaxinig from my boy to go.
$36 for 2 lousy unreserved seats.
$18 for warm beer
$5 for a cold hotdog
$10 for two pops (warm and diluted) not to mention missing the game for the lineups
Yes 2 pops for the boy because we cant bring in bottled water which he loves.
Unbelievable.

Oh yes I do have a decent paying job but I also have a mortgage and other life priorities. (food,gas)

Enjoy your HD.

I hope you don't come back because I am tired of your complaining after every game :smiley:

I hope you don't come back because I am tired of your complaining after every game :smiley:

I bring my son as well to the game .

I skip the $18. beers to pay for his seat .

If he wants water ,we're smart enough to hide it in our pants..,

Show him what you're made of ,smuggle a water in ,skip your beer , and enjoy the crowd in the stands in wonderfull Ivor Wynn.....

Come on get out of the house and play Mission Impossible with your son...

see if you can smuggle in a water to IW!!!! :thup: :thup:

Beats TV on the couch any day !

$18 for the endzone isnt that bad at all.

And it was $15 last year not $11.

[quote="Beamreach"]I bring my son as well to the game .

I skip the $18. beers to pay for his seat .

If he wants water ,we're smart enough to hide it in our pants..,

Show him what you're made of ,smuggle a water in ,skip your beer , and enjoy the crowd in the stands in wonderfull Ivor Wynn.....

Come on get out of the house and play Mission Impossible with your son...

see if you can smuggle in a water to IW!!!! :thup: :thup:

Beats TV on the couch any day
When i go to the game i dont like or plan on going on a binge especially with my son with me. I just enjoy a brew or two when I go thats all and yes i would forgo the beer to get a ticket for him. Its just the principle of the matter.

The principle of the matter is that you should want to take your kid to a Ticat game. If my dad didnt take me because of cost or the price of beer, then i would be like every other 24-year-old-i-hate-the-cfl-and-love-the-nfl fan out there.

Stop your complaining and take your kid out to the ballpark.

I had more points than the beer. I did'nt even write all of them in. Have you ever tried to buy somthing there for your son. its a joke. by halftime they dont have anything left. Funny they never run out of beer. only food.
And yes I probably will go becuase youre right I want my boys to become ticat fans. And yes it is still a great way to spend a nice sat. night.
I am the type I only go if i can afford to let my son buy stuff and do the kid stuff. I dont like to penny pinch when i'm out. thats all. we only go a few times so i spoil him there and myself.

Maybe it was just my concession, but the beer was cold and the hot dog warm.

A CFL game is still the best professional sports value around. Try going to a Leafs game.

You should check out the cheese concession next time to compliment the whine that you snuck in.

Instead of walk up sales you could buy a flex pack and save 20%. Not much but it is equal to one free ticket.

Or do what I normally do at the Skydome/Rogers Center arrive during the 1st or 2nd inning for the Blow Jays or 5 minutes after the 1st quarter starts and offer a scalper 1/2 price for Argo/Ticats. They'll take it at that point. By the way the late thing isn't intentional, just good old QEW traffic turning a 45 minute drive into a 1-1.5 hour adventure.

Another thought is that you buddy up with a friend and pick up seasons tickets and split them.

In Toronto $18. wouldn't even get you parked. This is 2006, not 1986...prices change eventually. Find a way to do it, its good entertainment value...Or you could go to a Movie for $18, buy a couple sodas for $8.00 ? Think about it, it's not that bad.

umm...i paid $5 to park in toronto and $15 to park in hamilton.

d_g, I paid $10 to park 10 feet from the stadium. The cash went to a little girl who was extremely excited because we were he first people to park in their yard.

even $10 is more than i paid in toronto...

i parked just off spadina ( 5 min walk ) in T.O. for $5....i parked at a school ( i think it was a school, behind tiger-vision ) in hamilton for $15....it was the only parking lot i could find that didnt say : season parking pass only.

where does this leave all the individual game day ticket buyers?...if it wasnt for us, the stadium would only have 20K each game.

Pizza Pizza in the SW corner still had Pizza with a few minutes left,I know my son got one .

Look for the positives ....sunshine ,nice breeze ,we're improved over last year,good football,sit back and enjoy.

We're improved over last year?

Good football?

Our "O" is still developing and definately improved.

Good football is a relative term..... we got all the bad bounces in the first quarter...

We came back strong and should have tied the game at the half.

At that point I thought we played better than Als,which is good football and an entertaining game,...a bit slow in the first quarter ....!!!!

All this with two nicked up running backs ,why not play Davis?