Women's U18 National Football Championship

This tournament runs this week in Regina.

I'm guessing Sasktchewan and Quebec will probably be the favourites.

Edit:
Actually, there is not team from Quebec in the tournament. That's a shame as they seem to have a lot of talented players.

https://footballcanada.com/news/womens-under-18-tackle-championship-set-to-get-underway/

1 Like

Let’s just hope for a good entertaining tournament that people will talk about.

1 Like

I'm hoping that the games will be streamed somewhere. I'll keep my eye out for any news on it.

Edit:
I should've read the article a bit more closely:

All games will be streamed on the Football Canada YouTube channels. Follow Football Canada’s social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram for updates during the competition.

2 Likes

Saskatchewan vs New Brunswick starting soon, 5 pm EDT:

Ontario vs Alberta coming up in 10 minutes:

Early game results:

Full final scores from Day 1:

Looks like the Alberta-Saskatchewan showdown will be a good one.

A highlight from Saskatchewan-NB:

Here's the rest of the schedule:

Round-robin play concludes on Wednesday, July 6 as Manitoba and Alberta kick the day off at 3:30 p.m. (Saskatchewan time) They will be followed by Ontario vs. Saskatchewan (5 p.m.), New Brunswick vs. Manitoba (6:30 p.m.), Alberta vs. Saskatchewan (8 p.m.) and New Brunswick vs. Ontario (9:30 p.m.).

The medal round on Saturday will start with a trio of mini-games to determine the bronze medallists, starting at 2 p.m. The championship game, which will be a full four-quarter contest, is set for 7 p.m., and will feature the top two teams from round-robin.

All games will be streamed on the Football Canada YouTube channels. Follow Football Canada’s social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram for updates during the competition.

1 Like

Cool, but what’s with the crappy music?

Heh, I dunno . . . maybe a Saskatchewan thing?

1 Like

Sask kicking some Ontario butt at the moment:

New Brunswick vs Manitoba coming up at 8:30 EDT.

Looks like Alberta and Saskatchewan are fairly evenly matched at the top. It will be interesting to see who takes the rematch Saturday night for the gold.

Today's schedule:

NB vs Manitoba

Can catch the tail end of Alberta taking it to Saskatchewan:

Ouch, nasty pony-tail/horse-collar tackle.

Bronze Medal Game:

Gold Medal Game:

Congrats to Alberta!