Winnipeg's new Stadium design

I love it if the field was designed like the field in Mcgill Stadium in Montreal or Commonweath Stadium. with the C inside of 55 in the center of the field and the end zones cruving inward after 15 yards. But the stands should have some protection from the cold, but no the feild since the players must play in cold weather. The name of the Stadium should be Labatt Blue Stadium.

thoughts?

Unless CanadInns is falling apart, or the bluebombers start selling out every game(wont happen), there's no need for a new stadium.....

Yeah, I love Winnipeg Stadium, but a new stadium is on the way and that what I was comenting on. Winnipeg needs the money frist, I believe.

I don't really know all the details, you'll have to ask the other Bomber fans for more. but it's is coming.

there's all kinds of preliminary design going forward.....location is a biggy....but you're right Kanga....a new stadium is destined for the Peg....when....... will probably be up to owners and the politicians...

do you like my suggestions for the stadium everyone?... Papazoo?

I agree that you guys need a different location. I came in for the Rider/Bomber playoff game a few years ago, and we had to take the bus to the game because there is now where to park.

What about the fleid design? or the name?

Notice the "C"

See how the end zones cones in?

THAT IS WHAT I WANT FOR THE NEW WINNIPEG STADIUM!

why would anyone build a new stadium without enough space for the full endzone. sorry kk but that idea is beyond dumb. not only should the whole field be included but there should not be any abrupt walls for receivers to kill themselves on or cement just outof bounds to be injured on. i think the initial toiletbowl design was really good and I hope they go with that.

and bigi you didn't take the bus because there was no where to park as there are always places to park. you were just too cheap to pay for parking and the bus fare for bomber games is free.

as for location... tear down the arena and build it there. there is no better location in wpg as far as accessibility goes with portage handling east west traffic and route 90 taking care of north south.

THANK YOU BLACKDALE FOR AKNOWLEGING MY TOPIC!!!! IT FEEL'S GOOD TO BE RECONISED!

but as for your commet, I agree, I just like to see the inzone be crude in after 15 yards, it looks cool! and it shuts my american mates up who say "well, the endzone is too big, uh hiyuck". well, I've got news for them, THERE INZONE IS TOO SMALL!!!!!!!!

on seconf thought, maybe leaving it at 20 yards isn't a bad idea after all.

but I like it better when the 55 is a "C" instead of "55" cuz it's the center of the feild, and then you can use the 50's for OT.

The CFL field has always had 20 yard endzones(its not "inzone" learn to speak and spell), and thats not going to change. Why would we want to make the CFL more like the nfl by shortening endzones? Pointless topic that you've brought up about centre field (55 or c).....again, no one cares!

DUDE, LOOK AT THE MONTREAL END ZONE, SEE HOW IT CURVES IN??? THAT WHAT I WANT FOR WINNIPEG! I THINK THAT IS COOL. EDMONTON DOES IT TOO.

AND I LIKE TO SEE C THAN 55 AT THE CENTER OF THE FIELD, WINNIPEG ALREADY DOES THIS, SO I GUESS IT WILL COUNTINUE.

stadiums with tracks around it need to steal the corners because of the track dimensions. the treacks also make the crowd far from the field. this is an all bad situation. montreals poor design?? not sure why but it is a university stadium so they probably were dealing with space issues. not coolness issues. there is nothing cool about building a professional stadium inadequately and cutting the corners off the endzone. you want cool then hire a grafitti artist to paint the endzones differently every game reflecting the teams involved. kk your interest in the game i appreciate but some of your ideas do leave people wondering. as far as me supporting cutting the corners off of the field. maybe when i am trying to squeeze a field on my cruise ship stadium in atlantic canada i will need to consider it.

I don't know

I'm in a bit of a padiccument (I spell check that later) here, I love the whole 20 yard end zone, but I also like the 15 yard end zone that another poster suggested on the last huddle. So I think that cutting the coners after 15 yards is a great compromise.

It just makes the field look cooler that way, and more unique among other sports.

if you want unique put water traps and landmines in the field. that would be unique. then add one drunk streaker per game that has a blind fold on who just runs after people by ear. maybe i am too old fashioned but i say we have a great game to to change it for the sake of change is to take away from what it is. occasionally changes are required and i am okay with that but there needs to be a good reason.

Alright, I'll work on that

The reason Edmonton has 20 with corners cut at 15 is because of the running track. Not to make it look "cool" or "unique". Percival Molson appears to not have enough safe room to have 15 corners. There's no reason to change and they never will change, stop trying to bring up topics to change the CFL game when you don't even understand it properly or traditionally.

cuting the edge off the endzones after 15 yards gives the playing field a different dimension and could work very nicely

it would difference the game more away from the NFL and a bit from Rugby.

and also I'm really interested in a new type of turf for the whole playing field that stretches back of the players benches.

The new stadium should be where the old Canada Packers building was.....or better yet, on the outskirts of the city just of the perimeter highway. Make it easier for out of town folks like myself since half of the attendance for games comes from rural communities anyways.

I love the idea of a new domed facility with adjoining Canad Inn hotel and water park located at the Red River Ex grounds on the west side of the city. This sort of facility would generate revenue year round for the club and could host everything from trade shows and track field events in the dead of winter. The possibilities are endless and with a money bags partner like Canad Inns (I wonder if they are also interested in purchasing the club along with Asper) we would have a world class facility. Parking would be free and ample and traffic would flow in all directions from it along the perimeter and portage ave. I hope the feasibility study is favourable and they go ahead with it. Doesnt matter to me if the roof opens or closes, climate control is a good thing I say.

when will we learn that domes = bad
if you are thinking retractable then maybe just maybe it would be acceptable. having a dome would destroy attendence . there are only a few games per year when there would even be a slight advantage and that assumes that we make the playoffs. i can picture it now... a beautiful summer day and i am heading indoors to watch a football game???? if i wanted to do that i would watch arena ball. the original design to control wind and rain on the crowd I think is very good but do not get a dome unless you want to lose the team. yes i do believe it would hurt attendance that badly. retractables are too expensive for the few times you use them. play the game outdoors where it was meant ot be played.